• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

The Jap Show - Santa Pod - 5th July

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMR

Trader
E51 Owner
E51 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Elgrand
E51
Hi, anyone thinking of going to the Jap Show at Santa Pod next year, the dates are Sunday 5th July 2015 and Sunday 11th October 2015.
This is a Jap vehicle only day, Trade stands, Club displays, You can run your Elgrands on the drag strip, there are demo runs from jet cars, a fun fair, monster trucks infact loads and loads for all the family to do for the day. Google Santa pod and look on the site for whats on. I fancy getting a timing slip on my E51 so i think i will have a run down the strip as i am not a stranger to that tarmac crewing for C C Racing in 2004 and wining the 2004 Top Methanol UK Championship that year with Doug Ripleys Dodge Avenger Funny Car.

1/ Karl
2/
3/ Clocky280
4/ BMR
5/azbo (poss?)
6/ blingo (poss?)
7/ LittleG
8/ derek h (yellow Peugeot 107)
9/ E50ZRider
10/ rockyfan
11/ Lynx. (poss?)
12/ Kev.

Re: The Jap Show Santa Pod

Wahoo! Another show goer!

Yes, we will be in attendance at some of the shows next year. I am looking for people to help me organise them, and it certainly sounds like you have some experience.
I reckon the 5th July one will be a good one to go to.

Do you know roughly what the costs involved are (not inc fuel as that's dependent on the location of the attendee)

Hi Karl. I will get as much info together as poss and enter it in here including location, times costs and a firm whats going off on the day, Catch ya soon.

Cheers dude! That would be great! Will be amazing to get some shows planned in now for next year. Hopefully will help draw some members on board if they can see we are planning to attend some of the big shows over the summer :D

THE JAP SHOW 5TH JULY 2015 AT SANTA POD
This is the info so far, The Jap show is on Sunday 5th July 2015 and is open to Japanese or Asian cars, vans and bikes
Show Paddock - just turn up and show your vehicle, no extra charges.
Club Displays - we can have a club stand (min of 10 vehicles), we would have to apply to the organisers if this is wanted but if we all roll in together no matter how many we have and park up in the show paddock no organising is required.
Trade Area - with traders selling everything from I.C.E. to Performance Parts
Show and Shine - in the show paddock with various awards.
Stunt Displays - Both car and bike stunt displays.
Drifting Action - for a small charge you can be a passenger in a drifting car.
Bars and Caterers - so your not hungry or dry.
Fun Fair - With kids and adults rides.
Live Stage - with DJs, Dancers and compititions.
Mobile Dyno - where for a charge you can get a print out of your cars performance.
Action on the Drag Strip - The countries quickest Jap cars, Jet car demo runs from Fireforce Jet Funny Car 5 sec 270 MPH,
Public Run What Ya Brung - where for £20 you get 4 runs down the strip in your vehicle with a timing slip for each run, (if you want to do this dont forget to take your road driving licence)
Saturday 4th is a Public Run What You Brung day open to cars from any country.
ENTRY FEES
SATURDAY ON THE GATE £10
SATURDAY IN ADVANCE £8
SUNDAY ON THE GATE £18
SUNDAY IN ADVANCE £12
SUNDAY EARLY BIRD OFFER £9.60
WEEKEND ON THE GATE £28
WEEKEND IN ADVANCE £20
WEEKEND EARLY BIRD OFFER £16
KIDS UNDER 13 FREE
If I come across any more info I will pass it on.

i went last year with the legacy crew, its a good day, its a ball ache driving down and back in the day (i wasnt able to stop over) but this year i will defo be looking at camping and getting right royal pished. lol
there is loads of food stands and reasonably priced to say your a captive audience.
bbq is compulsory for anyone camping. lol

Let's get a list going for this, and I will add it to the meets/events page. We'll make an appearance in July as we have nothing planned for that month at the moment. I have also moved this to the Shows/Events section.

I can't say at the moment for sure but put me on the list Karl please. I will try to go to as many shows as possible this year. :)

Put me down for it too please. The wife, Me and three collies. Is there room near buy for a caravan?

John, I think you will have problems taking your collies, we are leaving our two collies at home that day. As its a motorsport venue with racing going on all day they dont allow animals of any sort on the site, its a pain I know but not all dog owners are responsible like us, if you go for the weekend camping is included in the ticket price I believe.

Come on you lot if you have kids they will love it, if your into any kind of custom vehicles or motor sports you will love it, there is something for everyone. I am planning that we meet up at a point outside of the Jap Show and convoy into the meet together. You can't help but have fun here. Please note as its a motorsport venue animals are not allowed.

Really hoping to make this one with the little one whats the latest i can give you a yay or nay

Hi azbo, I dont have any pack drill mate, you can let me know the night before if you want, as all we will do is meet up somewhere outside the pod and turn up in one Elgrand convoy. That way we all get to park up together. (PS love your John Milner avatar).

Can't say for sure yet, but put me down as definitely interested. Would probably be me and my boy - almost certainly just the two of us if camping!

Ok guys, for those of us going on the Sunday I am planning that we all meet up a few miles away from Santa Pod and drive in all together, that way we can all park up together when we roll in. As there is a lot going off that day I am planning that we all meet up at between 9.00 to 9.30 in podington village and I have sent an email to a garden centre to ask if we can use their car park before they open. I will post the reply (provided its repeatable) when I get the it, if its a go I will post the post code for your sat navs. Is 9.00 to 9.30 ok for everyone?

Cheers Bmr it will be the Sunday that ill be coming along will let you know a week before if its a yay nice idea about meeting up as it use to get manic on the jap days up there last time i was up there on a jap day was when Andy barns set the record in that blue Gtr R34 ££££ pretty much changed the scene overnight from q cars to the must have spose thats why im loving the Elgrand scene at the mInute really want to see if the japs have broken the sub 10 sec from the 10-15 yrs ago when i was really into it think my best time was a 14 sec pass in a 300 zx tt still got the timing slips some where

Good fun azbo, I had a street and strip Ford Pop with a serious roof chop running a V6 3ltr Ford engine and a wade blower. used to go well but eat gearboxes, best run was a mid 13 sec pass good that was at least 30 years ago, if i remember correctly i had to be towed back to the pits after that run, 2000E gearboxes were made out of putty when hung on the back of the V6. I got used to changing the boxes I could swap it within an hour after a season of running that on the strip. Then in 2004 I crewed for Doug Ripleys top methanol funny car team (CC Racing) and we won the MSA UK Top Methanol Championship that year, there are some pics i put in the Your OtherCars section. Hope to see you there.

Wow... Podington Garden Centre... assuming that's the one you've approached, is a 3 hour 30 minute drive from Hartlepool. Would mean leaving at 6 (reckon I can chop half an hour off at that time of the morning at least). Up for 5.30, shower, dressed, McD's breakfast on the way. Doable... but I'll have to think long and hard about it. I hate living in the North :(

Last time I went to the pod, I lived in Leicester, and it was an hour tops in convoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back