• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

South East South Coast Surrey Sojourn - Sunday 9th May

LeStempy

The French Connection
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
André
Elgrand
E51
Region
Rest Of World
Well it's about time to start planning a May meet so thought we could spread our wings a little and head north for Guildford.

I'm suggesting we rendezvous at Newlands Corner car park which has stunning views over the surrounding countryside. There's a cafe and toilets too.

It'll give the south coasters a bit of a blast and the northern contingent a lie in. Google maps https://goo.gl/maps/VudDaF3n6zUqhp9S7 .

Anyone know if overnight camping is allowed? Can't see anything about it on their website?

Anyone know if overnight camping is allowed? Can't see anything about it on their website?
I'm not sure, I would say not but you'd need to give the local council a call or email.

I did check it out today and it was full at around 2pm, but that's only to be expected with the weather and the recent lifting of restrictions.

The parking fees are currently suspended for a while and the notice boards are all empty, refurb of toilets underway but there are temp toilets, large car park about 1/2 full today, probably chockers at the weeekend's so we will probably be ok if the meet starts at the usual 1000 hrs. Cafe is open for the usual array of butty's, snacks, brews and more important there is a whippy ice cream machine. It is National Trust and there are currently no notices to say that you can/can't overnight, it is open as a car park 24 hours, the facilities are not.

However, it is known as a hotspot for dogging afterdark, so that may deter casual campers:grinning:

Edit: Afterthough, I am not speaking about personal experience, just quoting the most popular dogging sites in Surrey guide, totally shocked to also find that there is one half mile away from uso_O

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for the info re camping - or not as the case may be!

Plan would be to come down Saturday night and camp over in the van now it's been converted. Anyone with better local knowledge
suggest a spot please???

I intend to do a recce later today and will find out about camping.

As an aside, I have a Kenwood DPX-7100DAB, not that old which I had in my Merc. It's almost new and I am happy to bring to the meet if anyone is interested, the price is reasonable (bacon butty and cup of tea), you can read the spec yourselves but I would add that it does not support Carplay, but I believe you might be able to get a dongle (?) to overcome that. Anyway it's there gathering dust in the box if anyone wants it.

View attachment 53246 View attachment 53247
I have pmd you but this answers my question! Would be interested definitely, although it may mean me driving up with a big hole in the dashboard with bits missing! 😂

Ok, thanks for the info re camping - or not as the case may be!

Plan would be to come down Saturday night and camp over in the van now it's been converted. Anyone with better local knowledge
suggest a spot please???
picture

HORSLEY CAMPING AND CARAVANNING CLUB SITE​

about 5 miles away from new lands corner if that helps? 😊

Back