• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Resale values

What extra money would a dealer, or a webuy outlet, give me for my ND MX-5 to account for getting up a 3am NUMEROUS times to check the dual soft top cover is still fine in storms. What extra money would i get for standing out in said storms, getting totally pelted at 3am? What extra money will I get for keeping it away from rain and salt, 'tasting' roads to see if any has been laid if in doubt? What extra money will I get for using (imo) sound wash techniques to ensure a mostly swirl free car and mint wheels? What extra money will I have for always having a half cover on the top so it still looks like new, and airing it each non-rainy day? What extra money will i get for using a light towel on top of the cover in the summer to further protect the top from UV? What extra money will i get for using a 'dog dryer' to remove any condensation in winter on metal parts which the half cover goes on?
So say I'm sitting in a dealers, the salesman is smiling and 'wants what's best for me' as he sorts a part X price. What extra money am I going to get for all these loony things I do to the point of illness?

Last edited:
What extra money would a dealer, or a webuy outlet, give me for my ND MX-5 to account for getting up a 3am NUMEROUS times to check the dual soft top cover is still fine in storms. What extra money would i get for standing out in said storms, getting totally pelted at 3am? What extra money will I get for keeping it away from rain and salt, 'tasting' roads to see if any has been laid if in doubt? What extra money will I get for using (imo) sound wash techniques to ensure a mostly swirl free car and mint wheels? What extra money will I have for always having a half cover on the top so it still look like new, and airing it each non-rainy day? What extra money will i get for using a light towel on top of the cover in the summer to further protect the top from UV? What extra money will i get for using a 'dog dryer' to remove any condensation in winter on metal parts which the half cover goes on?
So say I'm sitting in a dealers, the salesman is smiling and 'wants what's best for me' as he sorts a part X price. What extra money am I going to get for all these loony things I do to the point of illness?
What's an Nd like. I've had loads of mk1s . newest was a NC bbr though. I'm considering taking the plunge again. If I sell my black camper

What's an Nd like. I've had loads of mk1s . newest was a NC bbr though. I'm considering taking the plunge again. If I sell my black camper
Lovely. It's actually the 2L ND1, before they jazzed up the 2L engine in '19. Literally can't be in a bad mode when driving it.
They've got a mild refresh due any day now, which I'm kind of tempted, but touch wood there's nothing wrong with mine and it's got far less nannys on it. Plus how manic I've looked after it.

Last edited:
Lovely. It's actually the 2L ND1, before they jazzed up the 2L engine in '19. Literally can't be in a bad move when driving it.
They've got a mild refresh due any day now, which I'm kind of tempted, but touch wood there's nothing wrong with mine and it's got far less nannys on it. Plus how manic I've looked after it.
I don't think I could bring myself to pay out Nd money. Plus I actually feel like a power hard top . So may be another bbr mk3

when importing did anyone have issues with DVLA and making the car ULEZ compliant????

It is ULEZ compliant, the issue is getting them to acknowledge that. Have a look at the thread (I think) you have been pointed towards.

Back