• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Resale values

It'll make a good camper. There's a group on FB solely of ex rac vans .800 odd members
I've got a neighbour who I get on with has done exactly that. Same van and colour and he's handy, and did a conversion on his tod. Fair play, it's really nice inside it. He did a cracking job. Not that I want my Elgrand to be a dedicated camper, but his adventures in his was a bit of an influence in me winding up in Elgrand land

I've got a neighbour who I get on with has done exactly that. Same van and colour and he's handy, and did a conversion on his tod. Fair play, it's really nice inside it. He did a cracking job. Not that I want my Elgrand to be a dedicated camper, but his adventures in his was a bit of an influence in me winding up in Elgrand land
I find them a bit small..thats why the E50 camper was bought in japan

Unless they're cheap they can be hard to sell .
Lots of people go the dealer route because they're worried about owning an import.
I'm like you I don't keep cars long .
And being a bit of an extravaganence I always do my research. Im currently waiting for my 15th Elgrand to arrive from Japan
Wow. 15th! I’ve had a lot of cars but I’ve never had 15 of one model, I’ve had 8 Vectras and I thought that was bad 😂

Matt. If you're actually looking. I got asked to value one last night. Looked quite tidy from the pics has a kitchen pod in the rear too.
Yeah I’m actually looking. Not entirely sure what for at the minute but I’m open to anything. As high spec as I can get really.

I’m in Manchester. Where abouts is it? There’s a few round here that I’m going to look at at weekend hopefully.
Don't know to be honest. He just put a post up last night asking for advice on prices. As he's been left it to him by his dad

Yeah if you can find anything out I’d be interested. It’s worth considering anything that’s for sale. As long as they’re not too far away.
Thank you.

He sent me this last night

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-30-22-26-16-49_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-30-22-26-16-49_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 29
Why does that look a bit different to normal?

Should’ve said. One of the things I definitely want is Black Leather and a reverse camera. There’s a Greyish blue colour that I really like but I haven’t seen any for sale in that colour

The light surrounds, rear spoiler and boot garnish have been painted black plus they've fitted a fog light rather than adding it to one of the rear lights. Actually scratch that looks like there g30 in colour so have been replaced.

Many people who want to spend decent amounts on an import want a freshly imported car. When you come to sell, there will definitely be a certain hit to value over a 'off the boat' car as there will be a proportion of buyers who won't even look at them. I know for a fact my local importer wouldnt buy back a car he had sold for that reason. Also, imports aren't popular with any general second hand garages as they are a niche vehicle that can be hard to sell (especially as most garages wont know anything about them if they have to repair under warranty) so you will never get a decent part ex or sale price in the trade. Private sale would be the way to go, and most people seem to be able to sell them successfully.

Mine would need so much spent on it to get all the broken stuff working I know I will never be able to sell it without it being an almost total loss, so just going to keep it and run it until it dies!!

I know for a fact my local importer wouldnt buy back a car he had sold for that reason.
Is that C,Price?
If so he told me he would 🤔

Is that C,Price?
Yes - it's all about stock quality. It makes commercial sense to only sell stuff you hsbe prepared and registered yourself, I doubt any importers tend to buy them back, less profit too.

Yes - it's all about stock quality. It makes commercial sense to only sell stuff you hsbe prepared and registered yourself, I doubt any importers tend to buy them back, less profit too.
When I got mine I asked does he buy back and he said yes!

Someone on here was going to get an E52 before xmas, which was a Price hand back (previously bought from him then sold back).

Fair enough, I stand corrected! For some reason I thought he didn't!
When you think about it, if it was 'one of his' and the owner serviced it there, was still in good order and condition, then sold it back, that woudn't be an issue.
My neighbour's daughter & husband got a E51, got it from there and which had had an MOT a year before he got it, so I 'presume' it started its UK life at Prices, the owner sold it back, and my neighbour bought it. That is a guess, but not too far fetched.

Last edited:
The light surrounds, rear spoiler and boot garnish have been painted black plus they've fitted a fog light rather than adding it to one of the rear lights. Actually scratch that looks like there g30 in colour so have been replaced.
T
Why does that look a bit different to normal?

Should’ve said. One of the things I definitely want is Black Leather and a reverse camera. There’s a Greyish blue colour that I really like but I haven’t seen any for sale in that colour
They're wrapped I think. He's in Sheffield

Back