• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Remember when......

We used to hide behind a grass bank. When the Corona man went to deliver to someone’s front door, we would run out and pinch a bottle of pop each. Cream soda was my favourite.

Mention of the Alpine Pop Man in another thread brought back memories of the Corona we had delivered in the '70s.
View attachment 103446
They also sold cans without ring pulls which I took to school so I was "allowed" to take something similar to one of these in as well!
View attachment 103447
I remember you used to get money back on the empty bottles.

The can openers were also used for the big beer cans such as Watneys Party Seven Draught Bitter, which were taken to parties in the 1970's because they contained 7 pints of bitter.
watneys-original-party-seven-600-409x540.jpg1_3a9b876470742f3507e0bbc899533566.jpg

Ladies had p*bic hair.

I had a schoolboy crush on Nena, who sang 99 red balloons...she was right up there with Blondie, Kim Wild, madonna etc.

IMG_2247.jpeg

She was the one.....

Then this happened, how could it happen?
The posters came off the wall, i couldnt believe it.....only men had hairy armpits in my 13 year old mind, i had been duped.

IMG_2246.jpeg

Obviously now i am nearly an adult, i realise that all French ladies are hairy and i shouldnt be shocked if they have a beard and moustache either. 😬

I had a schoolboy crush on Nena, who sang 99 red balloons...she was right up there with Blondie, Kim Wild, madonna etc.

View attachment 103795

She was the one.....

Then this happened, how could it happen?
The posters came off the wall, i couldnt believe it.....only men had hairy armpits in my 13 year old mind, i had been duped.

View attachment 103796

Obviously now i am nearly an adult, i realise that all French ladies are hairy and i shouldnt be shocked if they have a beard and moustache either. 😬

I thought she was German.

PMSL that's so funny Petter. I was just told she's German as well! lol

Back