• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Rear Input/Outputs

Cover your hole with this.

View attachment 100125
View attachment 100124
EBay cheap 👍
I'll have a look, thanks.

While you're on. I've had a fettle with the rear camera and got to this point.

20240404_173048.jpg

I couldn't get any more cable out, not without fear of damaging it.

Just wondering if you changed yours from this point and whether you know what's behind the plug held by the middle pair of screws.

I thought it came out up to the connector block, but looking back it was cut and spliced at the RED arrow.

GREEN screws release camera.

BLUE screws split unit and holds trace ribbon.

IMG_2066.jpeg
IMG_2067.jpeg
IMG_2068.jpeg
IMG_2069.jpeg

Am i to assume the 4 studs on the inner side form a "touch" connection then?
Yes, interference fit, the ribbon is brittle and will crack just by looking at it.

Thanks, the camera doesn't seem to exist anymore.

I suppose the external dimensions are critical to fit in the original holder.
When you say 4 wires.

I can see red, yellow, white and I think it's a black.

Also you say cut these off, presume you mean the plugs to expose 2 wires per plug, 4 in total?

Found a camera I may buy to possibly take apart and fettle with...its not a crime

Screenshot_20240404_221019_Opera.jpg

If there's 2 wires in the 12v plug, say Red(+) & Black (-)

I'm assuming there's a Yellow & White in the other, are both required?

Don't buy that one, the camera has to be 5volt, apparently.

Don't buy that one, the camera has to be 5volt, apparently.
I believe so, I did type in 5v in the search bar but I know from experience both ebay and amazon throw up any thing they want

What about the coloured wires designation though?

My wires were the same colours from the camera to the Vans cable.

Apparently one of the wires gets rid of the reverse warning markings, so you don’t get two lots.

My wires were the same colours from the camera to the Vans cable.

Apparently one of the wires gets rid of the reverse warning markings, so you don’t get two lots.
OK,

Out of curiosity, can removal of the spoiler expose the connection plug, as I am hoping it may give you more options?

If so, does anyone know how to remove it?

Found these on Aliexpress

Screenshot_20240405_110620_AliExpress.jpg

D and E show 5v supply but no idea about the signal format and whether it would be compatible.

Any clues?

They look too deep but for a fiver its worth the play.
Yes, I can just about risk a fiver.

But I'd rather unplug the original camera and rig up a temp lead instead of cutting into it and buggering it to leave me with no camera.

Any clue how to remove spoiler?

Found an old yellow plug and stripped it off.
20240405_134254.jpg

Presume the "blue" core carries the video signal as it connects to the central pin and the copper is just a shield as it connects to the curved section.

2 wires anyhow.

Haven't got a red one I can cut up but I'm guessing it's similar...2 internal wires + & -.

Back