• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Rear Input/Outputs

Up&Dn

Premium Member
North West
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Russell
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West
Hi All,

I appear to have a 100v output near the rear seat together with a Red/White/Yellow socket.

Can the 100v be upgraded to 240v ...behind the scenes so to speak.

And as regards the others...there's a plug in the yellow one...any clues what this might be?

The plug is a cover, remove to use RCA sockets selecting the AUX input on dash. You can run a laptop or similar from the 100v, nothing heavier. Can’t see much point in hiding a bigger inverter behind that socket. Probably better buying a power bank.

The plug is a cover, remove to use RCA sockets selecting the AUX input on dash. You can run a laptop or similar from the 100v, nothing heavier. Can’t see much point in hiding a bigger inverter behind that socket. Probably better buying a power bank.
Thanks.

Re laptop...do you mean charger to the laptop?...if so can you buy an adaptor to change to English 3 pin?

Re inverter...do you mean the actual device is on the back of the socket...or is it mounted elsewhere. The reason I ask is that I used to have a 240v supply in a vauxhall mokka years ago and it came in handy.

Alternatively, is there a way to drop the voltage and remove the socket and fit usb points instead?

Thanks.

Thank you...I'll look into that.

Amazon have these inverter I presume?

P.S.

The cover for the RCA has been cut off so a plug is in the yellow one permanently...any ideas whatsit might be doing/going to?

Probably an aftermarket tv tuner. Common hiding place is under the seats or the compartments below the seats.

Thanks....I'll have a look when the monsoon passes

Also...do you have the makevof your inverter.

The ones I can see appear quite bulky with a built it socket that in theory can't be used due to it being behind the panel...although I suppose I could use a 3 pin plug from there to the socket where the old 100v one is

I can't remember the make. I bought it from a motorhome supplies shop. And, yes, you'll need to wire in a short extension lead as I did shown in my project thread linked to above.

I can't remember the make. I bought it from a motorhome supplies shop. And, yes, you'll need to wire in a short extension lead as I did shown in my project thread linked to above.
Thanks again.

I believe to remove the rear panel it's just a firm tug required...ooh er missus

Yes, you have to be brave and yank it from the top.

“I can’t stand innuendo. If I see one in a script I whip it out immediately.”

Kenneth Williams

Dry spell...I'm on a roll so revisiting an earlier question.

The single yellow plug/black wire dissappears down the post presumably into the floor.

Any ideas where it might go.

@LeStempy suggested an aftermarket tv tuner below the seats but I can't see anything.

I'm part way through tearing out the dash to install one of these android/apple interfaces.

On the top heater control there's a tiny hole someone has drilled, taped over by the seller presumably, it's just under the screen and wondered if it may have been involved with this rogue yellow RCA cable, although I wouldn't know where you could plug it in?

Like I say it disappears down the driver side pillar and then goes God knows where.

If I get the rest of the lower dash off tomorrow I'm hoping to find the other end.🤞.

I've tried the various Aux & TV inputs whilst unplugging and replacing it without anything happening on the screens so hopefully it's redundant.

I found the other end of the cable coiled up under the footwell

20240402_165818.jpg

The little hole that has been taped over is directly under the screen, in line where someone has yowsered a ruddy big hole in the bottom...don't know whether all this is related but I've ripped it out.

20240402_165804.jpg20240402_165814.jpg

I'm part way through tearing out the dash to install one of these android/apple interfaces.

On the top heater control there's a tiny hole someone has drilled, taped over by the seller presumably, it's just under the screen and wondered if it may have been involved with this rogue yellow RCA cable, although I wouldn't know where you could plug it in?

Like I say it disappears down the driver side pillar and then goes God knows where.

If I get the rest of the lower dash off tomorrow I'm hoping to find the other end.🤞.

I've tried the various Aux & TV inputs whilst unplugging and replacing it without anything happening on the screens so hopefully it's redundant.

Where did you buy it from? Do they have any apple car play for an E52 interface?

Where did you buy it from? Do they have any apple car play for an E52 interface?
I think so, but I'd have to check.

I can try and send a link from his YouTube page.

PS.

Your details state you have an E51 buy enquiring about an E52.

PS.

Try this:-

PS.

Sorry E1 ( I keep making that mistake!)

Elgrand-2007interior.jpg

Sorry E1 ( I keep making that mistake!)

Elgrand-2007interior.jpg
Well in that case...yes.

You look like you have the exact same interior as mine.

I can send you a link or the sellers email, I got it off another member.

There's 2 versions.

460 USD or 320 USD.

I went for the cheaper version, approx £260 if I remember.

The differences are you could download apps etc on the more expensive one and I think also you get an FM expander...we decided we could do without that but each to their own.

Back