• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

New Insurance Partner - 15% Club Discount

Sounds like good deals

Just throwing my oar in here - after lots of shopping around I found Admiral to be the best for me (£450 paid annually - 36/Bristol/6 Years Protected NCB/All the add ons - legal, breakdown, injury etc). They didn't seem to mind about mods such as alloys, suspension, paint, bodywork, LPG or Pop Top and I haven't had an issue adding them on to the policy as I've done them.

One thing to note, the car didn't come up on their online system so had to call up and go through the vehicle details. They usually charge extra if you call them but just say you tried online first and got nothing and they waive that fee

Just throwing my oar in here - after lots of shopping around I found Admiral to be the best for me (£450 paid annually - 36/Bristol/6 Years Protected NCB/All the add ons - legal, breakdown, injury etc). They didn't seem to mind about mods such as alloys, suspension, paint, bodywork, LPG or Pop Top and I haven't had an issue adding them on to the policy as I've done them.

One thing to note, the car didn't come up on their online system so had to call up and go through the vehicle details. They usually charge extra if you call them but just say you tried online first and got nothing and they waive that fee
Thanks for this. I’m with Admiral atm so will need this when my new van arrives.

For anyone looking to renew their insurance or you are looking at insurance for your pending arrival, check out GreenLight Insurance. I was recommended to them by @Madfish a few months ago when he renewed as they gave him an exceptional quote.

I have now just renewed my insurance with these guys and they knocked a whopping £300 off my renewal quote from Sky Insurance, who have been the cheapest for me for years by at least £200.

The guy to speak to is Dan Kirrage, he's super helpful and will do his best to give you a good quote.

All you need to do in order to get the 15% off is to tell them that you are a member of ElgrandOC. They will then confirm your membership with the club and deduct the discount from your premium.

Just as a side note, we all know that insurance companies seem to be pot luck, what works for one does not work for everyone, but I am quite confident these guys will be competitive.

https://www.greenlightinsurance.co.uk/
Is this still ongoing?

For anyone looking to renew their insurance or you are looking at insurance for your pending arrival, check out GreenLight Insurance. I was recommended to them by @Madfish a few months ago when he renewed as they gave him an exceptional quote.

I have now just renewed my insurance with these guys and they knocked a whopping £300 off my renewal quote from Sky Insurance, who have been the cheapest for me for years by at least £200.

The guy to speak to is Dan Kirrage, he's super helpful and will do his best to give you a good quote.

All you need to do in order to get the 15% off is to tell them that you are a member of ElgrandOC. They will then confirm your membership with the club and deduct the discount from your premium.

Just as a side note, we all know that insurance companies seem to be pot luck, what works for one does not work for everyone, but I am quite confident these guys will be competitive.

I will save this for my next renewal in October.
Mine has always been around 430 with various companies 👍

£446.46 in the end (Plus a bit more for the monthly instalment interest). All mods declared, protected no claims, legal cover, courtesy car, glass cover, No voluntary excess. 8 years NCB and living in a dog shit high risk post code lol. Sky Renewal quote was £750.

EDIT: Mods - TEIN Adjustable Coilovers, Aftermarket Stainless Exhaust, 20" chrome alloys, sound system.
Me too, "living in a dog shit high risk post code" I just don't get the insurance firms fleecing off good drivers. I am going to give them a call as your initial quote £800ish is similar to what I am getting from confused.com, I hope to get it down to £500.

@George322 - come to Hartlepool and have a look. You'll quickly see why. I lived in Redcar for a few months in 2016, and it was a big improvement on Hartlepool. But I moved back because the girl I was living with at the time turned psycho and started throwing furniture at me :joy:
I hope the furniture is okay :) psycho girl what's new :) heahaha

I will save this for my next renewal in October.
Mine has always been around 430 with various companies 👍
my 1st insurance on the Elgrand was nearly 2grand I couldn't get it insured for a week because she hadn't been on the insurance database and at the min I'm paying just short of 800 a year

my 1st insurance on the Elgrand was nearly 2grand I couldn't get it insured for a week because she hadn't been on the insurance database and at the min I'm paying just short of 800 a year
Sounds a lot but insurance seems to just charge what they like!!!

Sounds a lot but insurance seems to just charge what they like!!!
I know ye but then do as much as they can to get out of paying you out if anything happens

Just spoke the Charlie, great help.and probably got themselves a new customer

Richard

Tried these today. Was quoted a crazy price.

I'm afraid I can't recommend them just bought an e52 and they wanted thacham security certificates which I couldn't get hold off.Vine place said ditch them

Just insured through Greenlight. £100 cheaper than any other quotes I got from Compare the Market, Direct Line, Hastings Direct (refused to insure) Admiral. They cover LPG conversions, suspension mods, camper conversions, wheels, but NOT BHP engine mods, at no extra cost. Didn't ask proof of Alarm. There was an annual mileage cap for a cheaper quote, which I took at 7500 pa because the E51 will be a holiday and weekend bus.
So a thumbs up from me!

Just insured through Greenlight. £100 cheaper than any other quotes I got from Compare the Market, Direct Line, Hastings Direct (refused to insure) Admiral. They cover LPG conversions, suspension mods, camper conversions, wheels, but NOT BHP engine mods, at no extra cost. Didn't ask proof of Alarm. There was an annual mileage cap for a cheaper quote, which I took at 7500 pa because the E51 will be a holiday and weekend bus.
So a thumbs up from me!
I bet you do more than 7500 in a year lmao

Back