• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

New Insurance Partner - 15% Club Discount

stevej

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Scotland
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Elgrand
E51
Region
Scotland
@Chris davies I didn't get that when I went through the form...
Number of seats * - 7

Seaem

Active Newbie
E50 Owner
East Anglia
Reaction score
First Name
Christina
Elgrand
E50
Region
East Anglia
Just renewed mine through Camping and Caravan club....seems reasonable in comparison with others experiences.....but then I do live in Norfolk....!!

Les-goose

E51 Owner
Yorkshire
Reaction score
First Name
Leslie
Elgrand
E51
Region
Yorkshire
Just looked up my area WF1 not a bad area but an E rating..note my mates area in Bradford and its Refer now that is a bad area and his insurance is sky high

Owenoliver1

E51 Owner
East Anglia
Reaction score
First Name
Owen
Elgrand
E51
Region
East Anglia
Is there anyway to prove your a member or do we just need to say we are?

Mark (Madfish)

Admin
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Just tell them you're a member and give your username

OnTheRopes

Active Newbie
E50 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Elgrand
E50
Region
Midlands
I'll take a look at this for next year, but I always found Caravan Guard pretty good, just renewed after 5 years absence and only £275

Kenzie

Premium Member
E51 Owner
North West
Reaction score
First Name
paul
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West
This will come in handy direct line just quoted me 2200

• Wow
Reactions: Sid

Sid

Premium Member
E51 Owner
South West
Reaction score
First Name
El Sid
Elgrand
E51
Region
South West
This will come in handy direct line just quoted me 2200
I just don't understand the insurance world, Direct Line charged us £164! and ours is the notoriously fastest colour, white.

Madcalc

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Yorkshire
Reaction score
First Name
David
Elgrand
E51
Region
Yorkshire
I got quoted £345 from direct line with business use but it was only valued at a basic model and would get less than £4k back in the event of a write-off

Sid

Premium Member
E51 Owner
South West
Reaction score
First Name
El Sid
Elgrand
E51
Region
South West
I got quoted £345 from direct line with business use but it was only valued at a basic model and would get less than £4k back in the event of a write-off
We got agreed value, 8k, parking on the road overnight, 7k miles per year, no excess, and "someone" has 3 points speeding. Old fuddy duddys and Devon postcode I suppose. Certainly best to spend an afternoon shopping around both on the interweb and on the dog n bone. I was totally amazed at our quote.

Kenzie

Premium Member
E51 Owner
North West
Reaction score
First Name
paul
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West
I just don't understand the insurance world, Direct Line charged us £164! and ours is the notoriously fastest colour, white.
I live on the out skirts of liverpool so that probably don't help

Dave Marshall

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Yorkshire
Reaction score
First Name
David
Elgrand
E51
Region
Yorkshire
Greenlight would not quote me unless I had Thatcham security

stevej

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Scotland
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Elgrand
E51
Region
Scotland
Upcoming renewal quote from Geoffrey was £640 (original premium £270)... no accidents or claims whatsoever. Just purchased decent comprehensive cover with legal and NCD protection etc and £200 excess from Privilige for £196.43. Didn't need the breakdown as have that elsewhere.

I sense a competition coming on... Is @Sid with £164 winning so far?

cover.png

ja1aa2

Active Newbie
E50 Owner
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Amanda
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Practically everywhere refused to insure me unless I threw a grand at them because I am under 25 😭

Sid

Premium Member
E51 Owner
South West
Reaction score
First Name
El Sid
Elgrand
E51
Region
South West
Upcoming renewal quote from Geoffrey was £640 (original premium £270)... no accidents or claims whatsoever. Just purchased decent comprehensive cover with legal and NCD protection etc and £200 excess from Privilige for £196.43. Didn't need the breakdown as have that elsewhere.

I sense a competition coming on... Is @Sid with £164 winning so far?

View attachment 31365
£0.00 excess on our policy as well, really dont know how we got such a good deal, must be were over 60 but under 70 and have a Devon post code, full no claims, although parking on the roadside. We did it on line, kept lowering the voluntary excess until we hit zero and the quote stayed the same, amazing. So we phoned up to make sure and did the deal over the phone.