• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

New Insurance Partner - 15% Club Discount

They didn't come good for me unfortunately. Strangely they won't allow a named driver to have a higher level of cover than the policy holder. Seeing as my wife is a housewife and therefore doesn't commute, I couldn't use the car for the rare occasions I would need to take it to work. They also said that my renewal quote of £405 from Chris Knott was excellent and I should stay where I was. Just rang Chris Knott and managed to get the policy down to £380 so just renewed with them.
Hi, im just reading this insurance thread and you mention Chris Knott - would you mind advising which company he is and his contacts? I'm going to try Greenlight as well. Camping and Caravanning club won't insure me for less than £1000 because...not sure, but high risk area one of the factors and plus i've not had a camper before.... thanks

Hi, im just reading this insurance thread and you mention Chris Knott - would you mind advising which company he is and his contacts? I'm going to try Greenlight as well. Camping and Caravanning club won't insure me for less than £1000 because...not sure, but high risk area one of the factors and plus i've not had a camper before.... thanks
Have a look here and give them a call. I've found them to be very good in the past. https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/

I've just got my insurance renewal for £222 from Mark Richards, fully comp and the excess is only £200.
Quite pleased with that so I didn't even bother shopping around

Hi does anyone know if there is an insurer who does blanket cover for over 30s ? Or do you have to name all drivers
Thanks

Done A lot of phoning around today and had quotes all over the place

Mark Richards 869
Direct line 414
Privilege 435
Brentacre 420
Peter best 2200 🤪 I'm not 18
Greenlight 399
Adrian flux 800 and then after phoning around they got it down to 395 🙂

I also did a lot of ringing round last Friday.
Had quotes ranging from refusal then nearly £2000 to £350-£450
Didn't go with the cheapest in the end but paid less than £400 comprehensive. Best deals were through screen-scrapers but then as usual when you actually go to take it out, they have "forgotten to include all the things you actually declared first time like wheels and suspension etc... :mad:
Annoying that our postcode "adopted" a "high-risk" (I'm being politically correct here) part of the city a couple of years ago which saw our insurance basically double. Some insurers won't even touch us now because of it.

Compulsory insurance is a scam - like banking, always was. We should have 3rd party cover included on the price of fuel and anything extra, you pay for yourself.

Direct line have been good worth haggling though :)

I could do with looking at some of these myself,i had problems getting insurance because it wasn't the insurance database and ended up with 1 quote which i had to take of just over £1700 paying monthly but with it it being on for the year im hoping it drops anyway.i know the postcode matters aswell and mines an M postcode so not the best.

Green light wouldn’t quote me? 🤷‍♂️
No idea why (I’m 35, live in a low risk area etc etc), seemed totally disinterested in insuring my Elgrand on the phone.

After a fair bit shopping about Adrian Flux came up trumps with £265 for the year. (I do have a few policies with them). The initial quotes I was getting were surprisingly high. So it was a relief to have Flux come through for me again.

No idea why (I’m 35, live in a low risk area etc etc), seemed totally disinterested in insuring my Elgrand on the phone.

After a fair bit shopping about Adrian Flux came up trumps with £265 for the year. (I do have a few policies with them). The initial quotes I was getting were surprisingly high. So it was a relief to have Flux come through for me again.
That's good going! Flux skinned me for £800 and that was the best I could find!

I rang them the other day and they guy wasn’t interested at all. Very disappointing. Actually told me to try others first before he would quote me. I did try others, and went with Direct line as they were far more helpful that the unenthusiastic lump at Greenlight, who I didn’t waste my time ringing back. 😤

Will give this a go. Thanks for the info 👍

I just phoned Greenlight for a chat regarding parking at night, and was stopped at 'M4' - "sorry - we don't cover there"
I know postcodes are important to insurers but is it the only metric they could use?
My last car premium went down with my new wild-west M4 postcode I have, maybe because I went from 'on street' to 'secure compound' overnight parking. Maybe they will give me a quote...

I just phoned Greenlight for a chat regarding parking at night, and was stopped at 'M4' - "sorry - we don't cover there"
I know postcodes are important to insurers but is it the only metric they could use?
My last car premium went down with my new wild-west M4 postcode I have, maybe because I went from 'on street' to 'secure compound' overnight parking. Maybe they will give me a quote...
I live in a very low crime leafy suburb (fortunate to get a house in the 90s) yet for "reasons" the local authority moved a whole section of the city into our postcode. Said area is rather less leafy and suburban (to be polite) so as a result our insurances have more than doubled.
Equally frustrating, every year I have to speak to an underwriter to explain that although we live within 250m of a river, we are also the highest point in the city so we cannot flood.
It's just a case of "computer says no" and when you're dealing with a broker their hands are tied.

Greenlight wouldn't insure me either btw

I live in a very low crime leafy suburb (fortunate to get a house in the 90s) yet for "reasons" the local authority moved a whole section of the city into our postcode. Said area is rather less leafy and suburban (to be polite) so as a result our insurances have more than doubled.
Equally frustrating, every year I have to speak to an underwriter to explain that although we live within 250m of a river, we are also the highest point in the city so we cannot flood.
It's just a case of "computer says no" and when you're dealing with a broker their hands are tied.
Was this a kind of political constituency reshuffle? Due to a similar circumstance, where I used to live, one major political party could put up a wheely bin as a candidate and it would be duly elected. It did render your vote as pointless as shaking your fist at a cloud in the first past the post system. Very frustrating for you, too.

For anyone looking to renew their insurance or you are looking at insurance for your pending arrival, check out GreenLight Insurance. I was recommended to them by @Madfish a few months ago when he renewed as they gave him an exceptional quote.

I have now just renewed my insurance with these guys and they knocked a whopping £300 off my renewal quote from Sky Insurance, who have been the cheapest for me for years by at least £200.

The guy to speak to is Dan Kirrage, he's super helpful and will do his best to give you a good quote.

All you need to do in order to get the 15% off is to tell them that you are a member of ElgrandOC. They will then confirm your membership with the club and deduct the discount from your premium.

Just as a side note, we all know that insurance companies seem to be pot luck, what works for one does not work for everyone, but I am quite confident these guys will be competitive.

https://www.greenlightinsurance.co.uk/
Thanks Karl, very helpful, as I know many insurance companies don’t know that Nissan Elgrands exist!

Back