• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

My Elgrand drove perfect today!!!

Drove the family down to Falkirk today. Stopped at Culloden to pick up a "Radio Flyer" trolley to cart the kids about in.

We used to travel around 80km/h as this felt safer, easy on the car and less noisy at this speed.

Today was mostly 110km/h, effortlessly and comparatively quiet.

I've done a lot of work on her since I bought her in July last year.

All of the work was necessary and has taken me 10 months to catch up to a point where i van now maintain and spend money on wants, rather than needs.

If I had know as much then as I do now, I'd have knocked another grand off the price.

What have I done over the last ten months?

tyres needed immediately.
nsf cv boots
nsf & osf bearings
eng oil
trans oil
transfer box oil
front and rear axle oil
front and rear pads
osr brake cable
nsf and osf ball joints
rear springs
all filters
coolant change
brake fluid change
rear drop links
turbo pipe
A bit of welding.

Yes there's consumables in there, but these needed sorting straight away. The list isn't in order.

The result today was a smooth ride with strong push from the now breathing correctly engine. It's night and day from when i didnt know better and forst bought her.

Further results were around 5mpg improvement on the same journey mostly travelling 30km/h faster.

Distance of 267 miles
40 litres of fuel used

equates to:

30.35 mpg
9.31 L/100km
10.74 KPL

I'm impressed and happy that she seems to be as she should be :)

Drove the family down to Falkirk today. Stopped at Culloden to pick up a "Radio Flyer" trolley to cart the kids about in.

We used to travel around 80km/h as this felt safer, easy on the car and less noisy at this speed.

Today was mostly 110km/h, effortlessly and comparatively quiet.

I've done a lot of work on her since I bought her in July last year.

All of the work was necessary and has taken me 10 months to catch up to a point where i van now maintain and spend money on wants, rather than needs.

If I had know as much then as I do now, I'd have knocked another grand off the price.

What have I done over the last ten months?

tyres needed immediately.
nsf cv boots
nsf & osf bearings
eng oil
trans oil
transfer box oil
front and rear axle oil
front and rear pads
osr brake cable
nsf and osf ball joints
rear springs
all filters
coolant change
brake fluid change
rear drop links
turbo pipe
A bit of welding.

Yes there's consumables in there, but these needed sorting straight away. The list isn't in order.

The result today was a smooth ride with strong push from the now breathing correctly engine. It's night and day from when i didnt know better and forst bought her.

Further results were around 5mpg improvement on the same journey mostly travelling 30km/h faster.

Distance of 267 miles
40 litres of fuel used

equates to:

30.35 mpg
9.31 L/100km
10.74 KPL

I'm impressed and happy that she seems to be as she should be :)

Good on ya for looking after your Elgrand so well, these vehicles are like extended family members! :heart_eyes:

Good on ya for looking after your Elgrand so well, these vehicles are like extended family members! :heart_eyes:

Cheers 🍻 It's certainly been a labour of love, I'm glad I've not made someone else rich by doing the work myself.

That list is only the essential jobs that were carried out, there's quite a lot more that were more annoyances than urgent lol

Yep, if your not careful ,they’ll take you for every penny you have :innocent:

😂

maybe, subconsciously, that's why I refer to the car as she/her 🤔

drove upto seahouses to pick in laws up from they little break , roads quite , Elgrand pleasure to drive , even on the shate roads ha ha , filled boot ,4 adults and drove exactly same onway back , roads not as quiet so slower drive , reminds me i need to go back to northumbria coast line for a break myself ,loads of smiles per miles

20240615_133306.jpg

I drove from my little home in Cumbria, to the Isle of Whithorn this morning. It took just over 4 hours and was so comfortable and effortless.

20240616_113555.jpg

I stopped and had a check around half way and everything looked good.

20240616_180501.jpg

Furgo sat in the sun and relaxed by the waters edge for the afternoon. I am keeping an eye on him from the lovely room at the Inn I am staying at.

IMG-20240616-WA0020.jpeg

Another 25 mile round trip to the livery yard and back of trouble free miles, well, one problem…….im not driving it….the good lady likes it so much I might as well insure it with her as main driver now!

View attachment 103783

I drove from my little home in Cumbria, to the Isle of Whithorn this morning. It took just over 4 hours and was so comfortable and effortless.

View attachment 103784

I stopped and had a check around half way and everything looked good.

View attachment 103785

Furgo sat in the sun and relaxed by the waters edge for the afternoon. I am keeping an eye on him from the lovely room at the Inn I am staying at.

View attachment 103787
lovely place isle of whithorn , stayed at the steam packet couple of teams and up at big caravan site a few times

@malcolmyz85 I'm at The Steam Packet Inn. What an amazing place! Met some friendly locals in the bar who were telling me about the Steam Packet Shipping Company. Friendly staff, excellent food and my room is fabulous! I really am glad I did this, although I nearly turned back half way! 🙄

Last edited:
Screenshot_20240617-152758_Maps.jpg

This was the route I travelled to get here, The Woodland House Hotel. Bit posh for me and I'm not sure Furgo is comfy with all the BMW's and AUDI's out the front. He's promised to play nice!!! :cool: It took just over 4 hours.

20240617_134013.jpg

Last edited:
You got it wrong , all the BMW & Audi drivers will be jealous as hell that Furgo is a far more adaptable and equiped vehicle for a minuscule of what they paid .

Back