• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Model Radio Control / Nitro Cars anyone?!

Would love it to look like this!!!!

l1.jpegimg30005_528202153511_7_1100_.jpegl4.jpegl5.jpegl2.jpegl9.jpegl8.jpeg

That does look amazing, is the paint G30 by any chance ;o))) and what is the silver tape for on the front tyres?

Its metallic black and the tyres are called Diplo tyres (two types of sponge compound and a nightmare to find new)!!!

A quote from Tamiya:

"To handle the added power, the rubber tires and scale wheels were replaced with wide foam tires at the rear, and dual compound rubber/foam tires up front."

Mate this was a kit from 1978!!!

Last edited:
Anyone remember this toy!! Im sure my brothers is still in my parents house with the Sand Rover! lol

Some quick pics to show you guys how gorgeous this Tamiya is! :yum:yum
I do have the mssing roof, it just fell off during transit so needs a blob of glue.
Already found someone with a wiper and my missing fog light, cannot believe it as the parts are in possible to locate, took me less than 24 hours!!!! lol Not sure how much he wants for the bits though, but my word he has some GORGEOUS Tamiya's!

DSC_3474.JPGDSC_3477.JPGDSC_3472.JPGDSC_3471.JPGDSC_3470.JPGDSC_3469.JPG

Wow what a difference with some basic cleaning stuff!

spped2.jpegspeed1.jpeg

Wow this has just popped up now! lol 4WD and current bid 80 euros!!! Includes loads of spares as well!
If it wasn't for Brexit I would be banging these over to the UK, endless Tamiya's here in great condition!!!

ferr6.jpegferrar.jpegferr2.jpegferr5.jpeg

Tamiya Number 17! lol

1.jpeg3.jpeg4.jpeg

If only I bought them at these prices! Unfortunately I would have been 4 years old! lol

list.jpeg

Stunning!!! 475 euros!!!

surf3.jpegsurf2.jpegsurf.jpegsurf4.jpegsurf5.jpeg

Ooooooo..... well its the first Tamiya RC car, its not the first Tamiya RC. That is the Sherman tank which is kit 56001 (from 1974), I have one brand new in the box! Only shame is that its not worth anything like the first car :(

Sorry yes I meant the 1st car of the 100 lineup. Very nice any pics of the Sherman?! :p

tamiyafirst100.jpeg

I'll try and take some when I go up in my loft :) The Sherman was a labour of love for Mr Tamiya and the manual is different in different versions, some of them look like they are handwritten and then copied. :)

Back