• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Lets have a clean joke thread. Laughter heals as they say. (NO NASTY, OBSCENE OR COVID19!)

That’ll keep the car secure
👌

1741810225475.png
 
My wife kerbed her new car driving home from the dealership.

It doesn’t have to be Women’s day, any day ending in Y is fine.

View attachment 112781

View attachment 112783
View attachment 112782
View attachment 112784


I fixed it and I was the Captain that night. 🤭
Unfortunately, one can't self repair/fix diamond cut alloys without it looking hanging on close up. The diamond cut 'lines' produced by a lathe can't be reproduced 'at home'. I guess even regular alloys can't really be repaired as good as OEM at home with a touch up pen and polisher, but even more so with diamond cuts. I went to look at a 22' plate Swift Sport not long before I got the up! gti. I looked at the Autotrader pics and had my suspicions. But the dealership was only 15 or so miles away, so went and had a look. The prior owner had probably eaten the front alloys for breakfast, and had a DIY repair done, flattening the prior curbing. Still looked totally minging with just odd polished bits on it.
 
Unfortunately, one can't self repair/fix diamond cut alloys without it looking hanging on close up. The diamond cut 'lines' produced by a lathe can't be reproduced 'at home'. I guess even regular alloys can't really be repaired as good as OEM at home with a touch up pen and polisher, but even more so with diamond cuts. I went to look at a 22' plate Swift Sport not long before I got the up! gti. I looked at the Autotrader pics and had my suspicions. But the dealership was only 15 or so miles away, so went and had a look. The prior owner had probably eaten the front alloys for breakfast, and had a DIY repair done, flattening the prior curbing. Still looked totally minging with just odd polished bits on it.
The damage was on the Mini Clubman JCW and you are right it’s not a DIY job if you want perfection.
IMG_7386.jpeg
But when we PXed it against a new VW id4 The salesman didn’t even bother looking.
IMG_7385.jpeg
I don’t think you can kerb the id4 alloys as the tyres protect them.

The deal we got was perfect.
 
Yes, salesmen aren't usually car detailer sorts, so that kind of 'cover up' would get through the door in many scenarios. I wouldn't be surprised if the previous Swift Sport owner had done something like that, too
 
Back
Top