As an ex IT guy, yep this one brings back flashbacks! lol.
Surely a car thief wouldn't drive on the grass.
Course not...there's no dropped kerb there eitherSurely a car thief wouldn't drive on the grass.
Unfortunately, one can't self repair/fix diamond cut alloys without it looking hanging on close up. The diamond cut 'lines' produced by a lathe can't be reproduced 'at home'. I guess even regular alloys can't really be repaired as good as OEM at home with a touch up pen and polisher, but even more so with diamond cuts. I went to look at a 22' plate Swift Sport not long before I got the up! gti. I looked at the Autotrader pics and had my suspicions. But the dealership was only 15 or so miles away, so went and had a look. The prior owner had probably eaten the front alloys for breakfast, and had a DIY repair done, flattening the prior curbing. Still looked totally minging with just odd polished bits on it.My wife kerbed her new car driving home from the dealership.
It doesn’t have to be Women’s day, any day ending in Y is fine.
View attachment 112781
View attachment 112783
View attachment 112782
View attachment 112784
I fixed it and I was the Captain that night.![]()
I bet it was your fault.My wife kerbed her new car driving home from the dealership.
It doesn’t have to be Women’s day, any day ending in Y is fine.
View attachment 112781
View attachment 112783
View attachment 112782
View attachment 112784
I fixed it and I was the Captain that night.![]()
My wife kerbed her new car driving home from the dealership.
It doesn’t have to be Women’s day, any day ending in Y is fine.
View attachment 112781
View attachment 112783
View attachment 112782
View attachment 112784
I fixed it and I was the Captain that night.![]()
Of course it was his faultI bet it was your fault.
The damage was on the Mini Clubman JCW and you are right it’s not a DIY job if you want perfection.Unfortunately, one can't self repair/fix diamond cut alloys without it looking hanging on close up. The diamond cut 'lines' produced by a lathe can't be reproduced 'at home'. I guess even regular alloys can't really be repaired as good as OEM at home with a touch up pen and polisher, but even more so with diamond cuts. I went to look at a 22' plate Swift Sport not long before I got the up! gti. I looked at the Autotrader pics and had my suspicions. But the dealership was only 15 or so miles away, so went and had a look. The prior owner had probably eaten the front alloys for breakfast, and had a DIY repair done, flattening the prior curbing. Still looked totally minging with just odd polished bits on it.


I replaced our bed with a trampoline when the wife was at work… when she got in she hit the roof!