• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

JAP SHOW FINALS 28th & 29th SEPTEMBER 2019

Number 10 - just sent payment, thanks for organising Brian.

Thanks Lize, Come on you lot its good fun with loads going off for all. If you havnt been you will never know.

How do I order tickets and how much are they

Breadman, £22 an adult for weekend, info on page 1. Ordering info is on page 2. Took me a while to suss it!

Great thanks Dave,will run it by the boss when she comes home

Will there be room to put an awning on the van if we come

parking is on tarmac but there is separate camping area but nowhere near where the stand will be

View attachment 13549

JapShow Finale 2019

Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th September, Santa Pod Raceway, Airfield Road, Podington, Wellingborough, Northants, NN29 7XA.
  • Drag Strip - RWYB (Run What Ya Brung - Take your Elgrand on the strip).
  • Show n Shine
  • Club Display Stands
  • Action Arena
  • Drift Rides
  • Fun Fair
  • Traders
  • Food/Drink stalls
All info can be found here - http://www.japshowfinale.co.uk/index.php

This is a weekend event. On Saturday there isn't much going on other than being able to take your car on the strip. This is used more as a travel and get set up day for those camping. For me, it's the best day to arrive as you get to spend the night chilling with your fellow members, having some good food, a drink and making great friends.
Sunday is the main day where all the action kicks off. For people arriving on Sunday, you need to be there early, there is a pre-meet arranged at Poddington Garden Centre, just a few miles down the road. Once everyone is there, you convoy together to the club stand at Santa Pod.

You do NOT need a show car to attend this event, you just need a car. Doesn't matter what condition it's in. If you want to be part of the action, get yourselves along. I strongly advise that anyone who is able to, comes on Saturday and camps overnight. We stay in the pit area, so you'd need to sleep in your Elgrand, although there are some small plots of grass available if anyone does need to bring a tent. We always manage one way or another.

Dogs are not allowed. Do not bring any GLASS. Decant all alcohol in glass bottles into plastic. For beer/cider, please bring cans.

Tickets are to be purchased through @BMR - Please send money via PayPal to bmrautomotive@hotmail.com as Friends/Family. Please send payment as soon as possible, and drop @BMR a PM or a message on Facebook (Brian Willoughby) so that he knows you have sent payment.

We need a MINIMUM booking of 10 cars to get a stand, and the earlier we book, the better the stand location. The sooner you can send payment, means the sooner Brian can book our stand, and the better plot we get. Although there is a payment deadline for tickets, we need to get the ticket money in as soon as possible for anyone who KNOWS they are attending.

Anyone who sends payment as Goods/Services will be required to pay an additional £2 to cover the charges. You will NOT get a refund and you will NOT get a ticket if the additional £2 is not sent. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE SENDING AS FRIENDS/FAMILY!!
Refunds on tickets are NOT AVAILABLE. If you buy a ticket and you are unable to go, it will be down to you to sell your ticket on to someone else.

THE DEADLINE FOR BUYING TICKETS TO ATTEND WITH US IS 17th AUGUST 2019
Adult Weekend Pass - £22
Adult Sunday Pass - £14
3 Free kids UNDER 13 per paying adult. Children aged 13 and over will need a ticket.

Drag Strip Costs (Paid on the day, at the box office).

View attachment 13550

1)- @BMR (1 ADULT, WEEKEND) PAID
2)- @Karl & @Pippa (2 Adults, Weekend) PAID
3)- @Stumpy (1 ADULT, WEEKEND)
4)- CLIFF GOODWIN (1 ADULT, WEEKEND) POSS
5)- SIMJOH (2 ADULTS, WEEKEND)
6)- LIZE (1 ADULT, WEEKEND) PAID
7)- KBro34 (2 ADULTS, WEEKEND) PAID
8)- MANCHESTER MOD (2 ADULTS, WEEKEND) PAID
9)- Ian Cas (1 ADULT, WEEKEND) PAID
10)- KnightRider (2 ADULTS, WEEKEND)
11)- dognero (2 ADULTS, WEEKEND) PAID
12)-Robp (2 ADULTS, WEEKEND)
13)-Karlos (1 ADUILT, WEEKEND) PAID
14)- Seanyboy (2 ADULTS, WEEKEND) PAID
15)- David Medd (2 ADULTS, WEEKEND) PAID
16)-
17)-
18)-
19)-
20)-
Hi Brian

Put me down for me and the wife £44, its our first time so we are a bit unsure what to do, might need some tips and advice what we need to take for the night, should be a good experience though - do you want me to send payment asap through paypal

cheers Rob

First time for us too! Normally all the camping stuff! Guess skinny mattress, sleeping bags, munchies, beer and gas fridge (big enough to share)?

If it is like the June meeting, it is on the tarmac, it depends on numbers, but there are washing facilities, even showers on site.
We are leaving our awning at home, but filling the van with all sorts of crap.

Last edited:
Mines always full off crap,we will just have to squeeze in

Hi Brian

Put me down for me and the wife £44, its our first time so we are a bit unsure what to do, might need some tips and advice what we need to take for the night, should be a good experience though - do you want me to send payment asap through paypal

cheers Rob
Sorry looks like we cant go, wife tells me now she is rota’d in to work that weekend looks like our first time going isnt going to be our first time going, we will have to try for the next one when ever that is. I am sure we will get there in the end.

Thanks
Rob

Ever heard of a Sickie? 😉

Can you take me off the list please as I’m unable to attend this time. Thanks

How do I order tickets and how much are they
Shaun, if you want to come bud please text me on 07970549787 with your full name and address so I can send out the tickets and car pass when they arrive and the payment cut off is Midnight next Saturday the 17th.
Cheers Brian

Ok @BMR stick me down for 2 weekend tickets, 1 for me and 1 for my sous chef Brett, hopefully my new huge cool box will get in for free as it's gonna feed us all. I'll send payment now

List updated guys, welcome onboard Cliff, Don't forget guys I need payment by this Saturday 12 Midnight to book the stand.
Thanks people.

List updated guys, welcome onboard Cliff, Don't forget guys I need payment by this Saturday 12 Midnight to book the stand.
Thanks people.
Thanks Brian, there will be my usual bbq treats and a full English breakfast for all who want it, had a brilliant time both times we've been so far, so couldn't miss it this time, 2 good shows in September, bring it on 😉

Back