• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Jap car centre - are they trustworthy?

I went to look at an Elgrand they had advertised for over 12k. I didn’t buy it as it didn’t match the video on their website condition wise but I am very picky.
As your location is stated as Wales I would try Colin Price, he sells nice Elgrands. Failing that Just Japanese at Wigan and Quinten Dean at Nottingham get good reviews.
Hope you keeping well Correct me if I am wrong did you come to look at a car we have advertised for 12k Nissan Elgrand no sir you did not we have cars coming in this country plus it's lock down and we are not allowed to let the customer in you probably went some other dealer as we don't have any car which is in this country advertised for 12k hope that helps

Hope you keeping well Correct me if I am wrong did you come to look at a car we have advertised for 12k Nissan Elgrand no sir you did not we have cars coming in this country plus it's lock down and we are not allowed to let the customer in you probably went some other dealer as we don't have any car which is in this country advertised for 12k hope that helps
I visited Jap Car Finder in Bradford which I was informed was the same company as Jap Car Centre. I apologies if this was not the case. My visit also took place long before lockdown.

I visited Jap Car Finder in Bradford which I was informed was the same company as Jap Car Centre. I apologies if this was not the case. My visit also took place long before lockdown.
Hello Dave it's ok no need to apologise it's mistake we are not the same company
Kind regards
Japcarcenter

Jap Car Center and Jap Car Finder would appear to be two separate companies judging by google maps, located close to each other.
however, just to confuse matters, according to Companies House, the director of Jap Car Finder used to run a business called Japan Cars 2 UK

Attachments

• E3B4ACF0-898B-4200-A2CF-A92AA305E982.png
    E3B4ACF0-898B-4200-A2CF-A92AA305E982.png
    388.2 KB · Views: 5
Jap Car Center and Jap Car Finder would appear to be two separate companies judging by google maps, located close to each other.
however, just to confuse matters, according to Companies House, the director of Jap Car Finder used to run a business called Japan Cars 2 UK
Not aware of the japcarfinder used to operate Japan cars to uk
How ever we have nothing to do with japcarfinder how ever they have good reviews as they have been operating long enough we just recently opened
Kind regards
Japcarcenter

Not aware of the japcarfinder used to operate Japan cars to uk
How ever we have nothing to do with japcarfinder how ever they have good reviews as they have been operating long enough we just recently opened
Kind regards
Japcarcenter
For the benefit of those looking to buy, what preparation work do you carry out on Elgrands pre sale, e.g. secondary cat removal and undersealing?

For the benefit of those looking to buy, what preparation work do you carry out on Elgrands pre sale, e.g. secondary cat removal and undersealing?
We open 10 till 5 seven days a week
All our cars comes with 6 months road tax free home delivery up to 150 miles no registration fee no admin fee all including price nothing extra yes we do offer undersealing and decat on request which cost extra as we have to send to our local mechanic
Kind regards
Japcarcenter

For the benefit of those looking to buy , do you provide Export certificate & auction report - reading your ads you don’t mention the Auction grade & would you say the 2.5 is more economical than the 3.5 Elgrand ?
Welcome to the EOC 🙂

For the benefit of those looking to buy , do you provide Export certificate & auction report - reading your ads you don’t mention the Auction grade & would you say the 2.5 is more economical than the 3.5 Elgrand ?
Welcome to the EOC 🙂
Personal choice really 2.5 and 3.5 almost the same economy it will only be different if you towing stuff as far as I have tested
Yes we do provide export certificate and auction sheet I don't see the reason why not but I know mostly dealer would not show auction sheet or export certificate due to they want to hide the mileage clocked back
We don't we sell with original mileage
Kind regards japcarcenter

I brought mine from Jap Junction in Bradford ,could not fault them. But i think the business is no longer going has from last October.

Jap Car Finder and Jap Junction were two Brothers who merged companies from what i believe, that’s maybe why you can’t see Jap Junction anymore.
Never met or spoke to them but from feedback i hear they are supposed to be nice guys to speak to.

Jap Car Finder and Jap Junction were two Brothers who merged companies from what i believe, that’s maybe why you can’t see Jap Junction anymore.
Never met or spoke to them but from feedback i hear they are supposed to be nice guys to speak to.
Sorry not aware off that

Best to always do your homework. And as people have done , ask the question on here. 😎👍

Jap Junction seems to have changed to JQC cars , same address & lot selling JDM imports
- don’t know if it’s the same guys behind it though ?
Stock looks decent enough .

Last edited:
I bought my 2007 White Highway Star from Jap Car Finder last Feb they were helpful answered all my questions got under seal and cats done at additional cost. Because I was shielding delivered to my door extended my warranty because of lock down as did LPG fitter. I am 72 and owned many cars and motorbikes. The Elgrand is the best by far, but it's an older vehicle if it goes wrong after purchase the dealer may not of known of the fault but a good dealer will help. By the time a dealer imports it preps it etc and sells it to you with a bit of haggle they have not necessarily made a massive earner.

Last edited:
Has anyone bought from the Jap Car Centre in Bradford? About to put down a deposit but cannot find any reviews. Thank you in advance!
did you put a deposit down on the van and how long did you wait and did you get it

It was in stock and pre-pandemic think it took 5 days to register with the DVLA, Decat rears, Under seal and new HU. I did pay a deposit of £1000. But because of covid sorned it until June 2020. I have done 10000K without any trouble at all. A full service and replace tyres as well. Tyres were not new but plenty of wear. But since pandemic prices for that model seem to have gone up about a £1000.

@Japcarcenter, your website is down...

1624288119688.png

You have a few worried customers on social media with deposits on Elgrand's that are trying to contact you and are becoming concerned...

1624288209114.png

Last edited:
Back