• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Jap car centre - are they trustworthy?

Catterz

Wales
Reaction score
First Name
Catrin
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
Wales
Has anyone bought from the Jap Car Centre in Bradford? About to put down a deposit but cannot find any reviews. Thank you in advance!

I went to look at an Elgrand they had advertised for over 12k. I didn’t buy it as it didn’t match the video on their website condition wise but I am very picky.
As your location is stated as Wales I would try Colin Price, he sells nice Elgrands. Failing that Just Japanese at Wigan and Quinten Dean at Nottingham get good reviews.

Jap car finder?

I got my second Elgrand from them and they seemed like genuine knowledgeable guys. I had to request an underseal and sort my own de-cat, but as I have had most of it apart now, its exactly what I thought I was buying.

I wished at the time they had offered the services others offer as standard, but doing them yourself is a better confirmation. (I'm an untrusting bugger)

Thanks Dave! They didn’t have the one I was after unfortunately 😔 that’s good to know your experience. I’ve hired a local Elgrand/ Jap export mechanic to look over the paper work today and assess the car when it arrives. I can always say no if it doesn’t match the condition. Thanks for your response, it’s helped me 😊

Jap car finder?

I got my second Elgrand from them and they seemed like genuine knowledgeable guys. I had to request an underseal and sort my own de-cat, but as I have had most of it apart now, its exactly what I thought I was buying.

I wished at the time they had offered the services others offer as standard, but doing them yourself is a better confirmation. (I'm an untrusting bugger)
I’m wondering if it’s the same as Jap Car Centre. They are different websites on different addresses but the photos of their garage look the same. I wish it was Jap Car Finder because they have good reviews on Google. I have to de-cat mine and have asked about underseal today. Cheers @Lumpy

Thanks Dave! They didn’t have the one I was after unfortunately 😔 that’s good to know your experience. I’ve hired a local Elgrand/ Jap export mechanic to look over the paper work today and assess the car when it arrives. I can always say no if it doesn’t match the condition. Thanks for your response, it’s helped me 😊
Sounds like your taking the right precautions. I’m on my second Elgrand, bought the one I have now privately from a guy in Wales who had bought it from Colin Price. The one I viewed at JCC in Bradford looked stunning in the video. It was top price at 12K so I expected it to be in mint condition, unfortunately in my opinion it was not. I also asked for a copy of the auction report before I went to view it and was told it wasent available, should have listened to the alarm bells then😄.
As I said I am very picky and was probably expecting too much. Pleased with the one I have now though so that’s all that matters. Good luck with your search but ask to see the Japanese auction report before buying.

I’m wondering if it’s the same as Jap Car Centre. They are different websites on different addresses but the photos of their garage look the same. I wish it was Jap Car Finder because they have good reviews on Google. I have to de-cat mine and have asked about underseal today. Cheers @Lumpy
I think it’s the same company.

Got mine from Quintin Dean, been a good van and recommend him if that helps

Things you have to consider is do they prepare the vehicle fully before sale, as in rear cat removal, underseal etc. If not then there are plenty of dealers who do.

Things you have to consider is do they prepare the vehicle fully before sale, as in rear cat removal, underseal etc. If not then there are plenty of dealers who do.

If I were buying an Elgrand I might walk away from a dealer who usually didn't do these things automatically because doing them reflects knowledge about the thing they're selling and intention of protecting both themselves and their customer from warranty claims. But I can understand some customers wanting to do these things themselves or have them done by a firm of their choice.

There are 3 different Jap Car dealers in Bradford Jap Car Finder the one you mentioned and another I can't remember.

Three in Bradford I know are
Jap Car Finder
Jap Junction
Global imports

I got mine from Jap Car Finder in Bradford, the guy seemed very knowledgeable and helpful and wasn’t pushy.....unfortunately I was unaware of this site at the time so didn’t know to ask the basic questions. I am very happy with my bus tho but have to sort the cat issue myself which I’m ok with.

If I were buying an Elgrand I might walk away from a dealer who usually didn't do these things automatically because doing them reflects knowledge about the thing they're selling and intention of protecting both themselves and their customer from warranty claims. But I can understand some customers wanting to do these things themselves or have them done by a firm of their choice.
This was my one hesitation.

I got mine from Jap Car Finder got them to get it under sealed and rear cats done. But when looking at dealers who do it anyway you need to take off £300 to compare prices.

I brought mine from Jap Junction in Bradford ,could not fault them. But i think the business is no longer going has from last October.

Oddly I had to speak to them today about a small paint repair they did before I purchased. Let’s see how they react!

Has anyone bought from the Jap Car Centre in Bradford? About to put down a deposit but cannot find any reviews. Thank you in advance!
Hope you keeping well we are new company opened this year it's called japcarcenter in Bradford that's the reason we don't have any review we would like to get real review unlike most new business get fake reviews hope that helps if you have any questions please call us kind regards
Japcarcenter

Back