• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Insuring your Elgrand

Insurance renewal for 6th march admiral gold £336.39. They were originally asking for £373.03, one call to them and saved a few quid.

I’m in the £600 camp, assumed it was because I was in London.
Do any of you mind sharing what excess amounts you have? It affects the premium massively. I could probably get £300 a year but would have an excess around £1,500

As it stands mine costs £630 for 4,000 miles with £750 excess (£250 compulsory + £500 voluntary).

Do any of you mind sharing what excess amounts you have? It affects the premium massively. I could probably get £300 a year but would have an excess around £1,500

As it stands mine costs £630 for 4,000 miles with £750 excess (£250 compulsory + £500 voluntary).
I'm in the £900 camp, thanks to London and couple of recent not at fault incidents, still...
Excess around £500 (200+300)

£100.00 compulsory £500 voluntary. Protected NCB. 5000 Miles. 21 Years NCB. Dash Cam.

Mine’s £500 total excess, 10k miles inc 2000 as business use, parked on a driveway, 10 yrs ncd, protected no claims, 3 pts on license, lowish risk postcode, all for the princely sum of £750 of your English pounds……to be honest I was expecting around £600, so slightly surprised, however seems to be about right speaking to other family etc.

Thanks, Karl.
I have been looking into insurance and would usually go through comparison sites, at least I know here to start now.

Under the heading you could you could not make it up. My insurerance quote went up £1000 went to Admiral same price as last year with 10000 miles not 6000.
Strange thing it did not go through payment. Reason had a bump last October asked if they could source part. No was the answer but they class it as an incident charge £150 added to this years quote but saved insurers £1000+. If you take the free breakdown off cheaper than last year if I took the lowest policy £200 less than last year. But got a £1892 refund from my old insurer.

Last edited:
£638 £350 excess off Adrian flux. 9 years no claims. Does anyone know where i could get better.

Reactions: guf
It's on a E51 on a 2003 plate.

Reactions: guf
I got quoted £1900 from my usual insurer £800 last year. Then got it at Admiral. £1000 less. Platinum with breakdown 10000 miles not 6000.

£638 £350 excess off Adrian flux. 9 years no claims. Does anyone know where i could get better.
No , but I know where you could get worse :sob:

Looks like i might have to take it. I thought it was a bit steep.

You won't get much media spotlight on the main stream media news about it, as they want you out of your car. Flipping freedom you get with a car,, and those 'emissions'. Nasty things.
If they decided to go on their usual social engineering trip, shaming, focusing on car insurance prices 24/7, like they do on all other sorts of nonsense, the prices would soon come down.

I am with AF but from next month will be with Quote me happy. They weren’t the cheapest on go.compare but gave the best balance of price, excess and add-ons. I’ve only recently used go.compare, it’s ok,but you’ve got to watch it coz whatever excess max you said you want, the offers will be higher and also, if you choose a provider and click to go to their website, some of your preferences will be removed and you have to put them back in and so the price goes up. I’ve also found that you look at the details of (say) the cheapest quote, come back out to look at the list of offers and find that the price has increased. It’s ok, just be careful.

Back