• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Im thinking of buying a Nissan Elgrand 2007, 3.5 automatic and was wondering about road tax, fuel and insurance. Please help

Are they really thirsty on fuel

I don't own on yet, but even I can remark on this one:

1) Fuel will cost a lot due to 20 ish mpg.
2) Tax will cost a lot (£325)
3) Unless you're very lucky, insurance will cost a lot.

I'm thinking of buying a Nissan Elgrand automatic 3.5. Was wondering how much, fuel, road tax and insurance might cost
Hello Clare, we’ve got an E51 3.5 but it’s a camper conversion, road tax was £325 insurance £366 and yeah it’s crap on fuel but worth every penny IMO

Thank you 🙂

I'm thinking of buying a Nissan Elgrand automatic 3.5. Was wondering how much, fuel, road tax and insurance might cost
I Have just got a E51 3.5 l.It costs 30 pence per mile in fuel at current prices (8km / litre), but its worth it ! amazing to drive, Insurance about £400 / year (but i'm old), don't buy one as an everyday car unless your loaded.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
Yeah he might be a brill actor but wasn't he a well known alcoholic 🤔

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
Yeah he might be a brill actor but wasn't he a well known alcoholic 🤔
I call my van "Oli" on account of how thirsty he is. 😬
(Not wanting to make light of the disease. I guess humour can be a coping mechanism though) 🤔

One thing to bear in mind is depreciation (£1k/year for the Elgrand itself ?) and cost of purchase compared to something equivalent like a newish VW camper which might depreciate more every year(?) and cost quite a lot more in the first place while the purchase money saved could be earning interest in a bank account (even if not keeping pace with inflation).

One thing to bear in mind is depreciation (£1k/year for the Elgrand itself ?) and cost of purchase compared to something equivalent like a newish VW camper which might depreciate more every year(?) and cost quite a lot more in the first place while the purchase money saved could be earning interest in a bank account (even if not keeping pace with inflation).
Depends greatly on purchase price ,we only paid 4.5k for ours I doubt in will lose much value at all maybe 1k in around 5 years

What's your current car?
If it's a direct replacement I can confirm the Elgrand will be double the fuel of your old car and likely double in insurance and tax being more....
BUT...
The Elgrand will be a dream to drive.

Are they really thirsty on fuel

My Elgrands cost around the same to run in fuel costs as a 1.2 Corsa... Because I convert them to run on LPG. I have converted more than 700 Elgrands to run on LPG, mostly for members of this forum.

Back