• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

HGV jobs

My HGV or if you prefer LGV journey starts tomorrow morning. Nervous and excited. For reference the largest vehicle I've regularly driven is this bus and that's a National express coach alongside it. This one's about 1.5m-2m longer than that other I posted.

Good luck mate 👍

Assessment went well, drove an 18t rigid, turns way easier than a bus. Anyhow they recommend 6 lessons for the Class 2 or 10 if straight to Class 1. Not cheap.

Just got an up to date theory/hazard perception test practice. On my CD ROM I can pass, this up to date one has thrown me. Need to practice practice practice.

Assessment went well, drove an 18t rigid, turns way easier than a bus. Anyhow they recommend 6 lessons for the Class 2 or 10 if straight to Class 1. Not cheap.

Just got an up to date theory/hazard perception test practice. On my CD ROM I can pass, this up to date one has thrown me. Need to practice practice practice.
No reason you shouldn't do it in 7 lessons for c e

Hazard perception done last week, multiple choice theory done this morning, just case studies to pass then I can book the lessons. Each step is a step closer to Elgrand ownership.

I'm officially a Yorkie eater as of early this afternoon. Feels like a long time since I started my theory tests. Failed the reversing (3a) first time because of no sleep due to neighbours partying till 04:15am. Nailed it the 2nd time & done 3b today. Passed with 5 faults, hesitation & driving too slow lol. Oh and for car to C+E its a set amount of lessons so although my driving was spot on there was no skipping the lessons. Didn't brush a single curb for the whole 10 lessons (2 in rigid 8 in artic).

Thanks. CV at the ready. Big bucks await. Oh and I saw a white E51 broken down in Botley on the way to the test centre. Had roadside assistance there with the bonnet up 😦

I'm officially a Yorkie eater as of early this afternoon. Feels like a long time since I started my theory tests. Failed the reversing (3a) first time because of no sleep due to neighbours partying till 04:15am. Nailed it the 2nd time & done 3b today. Passed with 5 faults, hesitation & driving too slow lol. Oh and for car to C+E its a set amount of lessons so although my driving was spot on there was no skipping the lessons. Didn't brush a single curb for the whole 10 lessons (2 in rigid 8 in artic).
Nice one.

Noticed handed in at Freightroute, start class 1 with One Stop on the 14th. I'll be taking home more money than I could earn with overtime before tax kaaaforkinching!!!!!

Noticed handed in at Freightroute, start class 1 with One Stop on the 14th. I'll be taking home more money than I could earn with overtime before tax kaaaforkinching!!!!!
I dropped from c1 to class to and taking just almost double my wage

Class 2 money appears to have jumped a fair bit these days. I feel better doing C1 at the moment given how much it cost me :eek:

Class 2 money appears to have jumped a fair bit these days. I feel better doing C1 at the moment given how much it cost me :eek:
I'm glad of the drop back landed a very easy job and all nights out are in hotels

Are you sure thats not a coach your driving, they do glamping not tramping.

Is there still this shortage of hgv drivers then? Certain news outlets are beginning to imply that there'll be Christmas shortages due to lack of deliveries (and covid and Brexit) 🤔😏

Blue tyre pen 😄👍. There was a lorry like that doing the same work parked at Southampton uni a few months back. I thought is that Mr Poppins but it was a different company

Back