• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

South West Haynes Breakfast club 4/8/19

I'll have my cheapy JOBD reader in the van if anyone wants to plug it in and check any quirks or EML lights on Sunday morning :)

What reader is that please - I'm compiling a list to help forum members who sometimes waste money on buying non-compatible readers? (and the term JOBD - hmmm, I've a thing about that term which is IMHO worthless - but that's just me :eek: (see Myth no2 here)).

What reader is that please - I'm compiling a list to help forum members who sometimes waste money on buying non-compatible readers? (and the term JOBD - hmmm, I've a thing about that term which is IMHO worthless - but that's just me :eek: (see Myth no2 here)).

Hi Alan

Mine is the CReader VI+ - It must be the VI+ (or VI plus version), as the 'plus' version includes JOBD for reading Japanese vehicles, this one came from China, so takes a little longer to arrive but worth the wait. There are other Creader VI+ items on eBay but none of them reference the JOBD port, so I went for one recommended by @malcolmyz85, we both know it works okay on the Elgrands and it also diagnosed a faulty 'Crankshaft Position Sensor' for @lolgamlen a while back.

Can't say it can do all the stuff the fancy Nissan software can do but it seemed to work okay and found the fault :)

https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/difficult-to-start-and-heavy-steering.11859/post-131967

This is the one I bought on eBay:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Auto-Fau...h=item35f29eb98c:g:v90AAOSw9r1WCTi1:rk:1:pf:0

Gutted, have to extend my stay in Hong Kong for another week. Daddyof4, thank for organising the meet, sorry I can't meet everyone. Jason

Last edited:
There will be others like me who are having serious doubts about attending given the weather forecast, which is quit frankly, not good at all.

In all fairness to those who have been kind and generous enough to look after the catering side of things, I am therefore giving notice of cancelling.

Many thanks to @Daddyof4 and others for all of the effort that has been put into organising this.

Call me a whimp by all means, but having spent 3hrs out in the rain on my bicycle today, I realise that I'm a fair weather woosey:cool:

I have the possibility of two fellas willing to bring drones to catch the event but both have said that any rain and wind over 5mph would scupper. So that all said..looks unlikely. Fingers crossed anyway

I have the possibility of two fellas willing to bring drones to catch the event but both have said that any rain and wind over 5mph would scupper. So that all said..looks unlikely. Fingers crossed anyway
That would be cool, thank you very much for that :):):)

Back