• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Fuel gauge recall

When I come across the recall part I will import it to sell on have had one in so far

Looking at mine, the fuel gauge recall isn’t listed. Just 2 are on there. One for the breaks (1677) and one for catalyst damage (3225). Does that mean I’m unaffected?

The most surefire way to discover if yours has been done is to remove the instrument panel and have a look.

Fuel gauge mod.jpeg

Yeah mine hasn’t been done. Time to sort that then.

Hi all,

Our BX report has flagged same recall, I’m about to email the address linked (so helpful!)

If your E51 hasn’t had the recital done in Japan and needed doing in the UK was it a simple case of taking it to a Nissan dealer? Did you have to pay to have the recall fixed as it’s not a domestic market vehicle?

Hi all,

Our BX report has flagged same recall, I’m about to email the address linked (so helpful!)

If your E51 hasn’t had the recital done in Japan and needed doing in the UK was it a simple case of taking it to a Nissan dealer? Did you have to pay to have the recall fixed as it’s not a domestic market vehicle?
Sadly, Nissan Japan are no longer supporting international recalls on their JDM vehicles, so you'll receive a reply thanking you for your understanding.

Ah ok. How do we work out if the recall has been done? Is it a case of taking it to a Nissan dealer then

You'll have to remove the instrument cluster and look for the bit circled in red. Pull off the trim and it's only four screws.

Fuel gauge mod.jpeg

Amazing. Easy enough home job then? And I guess if it’s not done then a garage can do it at cost?

I guess that depends on whether Nissan Japan will supply the parts.

Is the recall gubbins encased in that raised section, anyone pulled one apart to see what it contains ?

I guess that depends on whether Nissan Japan will supply the parts.
Ok right, yeah I get it so parts have to be supplied by Nissan Japan. What a ballache. Possibly putting me off buy the thing now

Is the recall gubbins encased in that raised section, anyone pulled one apart to see what it contains ?
Nope just leave mine in to work. It also comes with a patch harness too.

Last edited:
Yes. I plugged my original cluster in without the mod and it still worked fine, as did my replacement series 2 cluster, but I'm keeping the mod in place to avoid future issues.

Back