• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Fuel Economy

Obviously, YMMV, but assume a steady 60-65, a full 80litres of lpg.....what sort of range could I expect, worst case?
Just to plot must effective fuel stupid heading to saltash (already earmarked around at Bristol pathway, and Exeter Moto as lpg around Saltash is 23p more expensive... Hahaha
It's my first time found outside of the town since being @Lpgc 'd, so lots of lpg virgin questions/range anxiety type stuff.

I can fairly reliably get 450km out of mine at a steady 70mph, and as the economy improves quite significantly at 60-65 you should be able to better that.

I've got smaller tank but reckon on 300km on 55 litres mixed driving so very similar to Ian.

I like my spare wheel.

Mostly town driving, under 10 miles a trip, showing 6km per litre, something around 16mpg 🙄

I like my spare wheel.
I like your spare tyre too.....🤭

In 24 years of driving, I've only had caused to need the spare twice. With two kids and the weight of the Elgrand, is be calling for breakdown (as a. Total desk jockey with zero skills)

I like your spare tyre too.....🤭

In 24 years of driving, I've only had caused to need the spare twice. With two kids and the weight of the Elgrand, is be calling for breakdown (as a. Total desk jockey with zero skills)

Lucky you! I have used my space saver spare on the Elgrand too many times, but by heck glad I have got it. However I now have a brand new set of quality tyres on her so hopefully won't need it for a while!

I like my spare wheel.
I bought a full size rim, and put a new tyre on it when I got mine. Unbolted the brace bar and all fits nicely. Used it once, when I got a nail in the rear in Gloucester. Worth having the full size, as were loaded up, and just continued on our break, not having to worry about an undersized 10 year old space saver.

I bought a full size rim, and put a new tyre on it when I got mine. Unbolted the brace bar and all fits nicely. Used it once, when I got a nail in the rear in Gloucester. Worth having the full size, as were loaded up, and just continued on our break, not having to worry about an undersized 10 year old space saver.
Do you mean just loosen the brace bar to get the bigger whee under please? Or remake it? I need a full size spare. I tow a caravan and having a puncture would cause serious concerns. Thanks. Stuart.

I have a 69 plate Kia sportarge 1600 auto and that only does 20-23 to the gallon so For me it won’t be that much difference when I get my Elgrand

I have a 69 plate Kia sportarge 1600 auto and that only does 20-23 to the gallon so For me it won’t be that much difference when I get my Elgrand
Buy one. You will wonder why you didn’t have one sooner. There’s no going back though. Nothing compares. 😎🙌

Do you mean just loosen the brace bar to get the bigger whee under please? Or remake it? I need a full size spare. I tow a caravan and having a puncture would cause serious concerns. Thanks. Stuart.
There is a black bracing bar above the existing space saver. I unbolted that, and my full size, genuine E51 rim and tyre fit perfectly with no modifications required. Hope that helps.

There is a black bracing bar above the existing space saver. I unbolted that, and my full size, genuine E51 rim and tyre fit perfectly with no modifications required. Hope that helps.
Thanks fantastic.
Thankyou!!! I’ll do that while fitting the air bags into the springs from Matt savage. 😎👍🏼👍🏼

I am yet to pick up me E51 S1 3.5 V6, but I'm already nervous regarding the fuel consumption.

I am yet to pick up me E51 S1 3.5 V6, but I'm already nervous regarding the fuel consumption.
TBH I'm more than happy cruising at 60mph in the bus, you regularly see 30mpg on a free-flowing motorway. Town driving kills the economy, stopping and setting off at every set of lights in a two ton motor requires a fair bit of juice lol.

Last edited:
TBH I'm more with happy cruising at 60mph in the bus, you regularly see 30mpg on a free-flowing motorway. Town driving kills the economy, stopping and setting off at every set of lights in a two ton motor requires a fair bit of juice lol.
Especially if you floor it....🤭

Back