• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Everything on EOC is about E50 and E51. Where are the E52s?

Yeah, fair enough.
There could be an argument for the Dacia Jogger, too.
Yeah, there's a few of them. Personally, they don't have the same character and driveability due to the strangled newer emissions. Most buyers are swayed with the in-car tech.

Last edited:
Yeah, there's a few of them. Personally, they don't have the same character and driveability due to the strangled newer emissions. Most of them are swayed with in car tech
On the Dacia forum, the Jogger manual gearbox seems all over the place regarding reliability. Shed loads on it.

Well, it is a Renault. Great trucks....shit cars.
Renault trucks owned by Volvo since 2001, might explain the difference 👍

I had never heard of the spacetourer. However, now I looked it up, how is it similar to an E52? :worried:

Apart from minibus versions of builders vans, there is no European equivalent to the Elgrand/Alphard. God awful lumps like the Espace (I owned two) and the Sharan/Galaxy are closest but still in a league below.
And before anyone mentions overpriced VW T5/T6 or the luxurious Mercedes Vito as "competition", Think again. They are designed for plumbers and driven by bellends. Fact, o_O o_O

Apart from minibus versions of builders vans, there is no European equivalent to the Elgrand/Alphard. God awful lumps like the Espace (I owned two) and the Sharan/Galaxy are closest but still in a league below.
And before anyone mentions overpriced VW T5/T6 or the luxurious Mercedes Vito as "competition", Think again. They are designed for plumbers and driven by bellends. Fact, o_O o_O
Right on lol

I still think those Sharan, Spacetourer, Galaxy cars are far more car-like, than the E52.
Despite its different interpretation, I'd still put the E52 far into the classic JDM MVP (E50/51/Alphard/Serena/Voxy etc etc) category, than the car-like Sharan/Jogger types

Last edited:
I still think those Sharan, Spacetourer, Galaxy cars are far more car-like, than the E52.
Despite its different interpretation, I'd still put the E52 far into the classic JDM MVP (E50/51/Alphard/Serena/Voxy etc etc) category, than the car-like Sharan/Jogger types
Exactly......

The E52 is still a "proper" Elgrand, it belongs on here. I am an E51 (S2) fan, maybe I will stretch to an S3 for my next purchase. This is the Elgrand Owners Club. We embrace all Elgrands and their owners......

Everything on EOC is about E50 and E51. Where are the E52s?​

Not everything.......there is a Joke thread and a Show us your non Elle ride thread. 🤗👍🏻
LOL... I had to read that twice

It is understandable there is less E52 talk here for the reasons given by @Highway Dave & @Holdfast4130

I think the amount of E52 activity will increase naturally over time as more and more of them get to be 10 year old in Japan and are then exported. The E52 technical section here is helpful as are other blogs such as this (written by a member of the OC):

I'm doing my bit to up the E52 participation and hopefully other E52 owners will too.
Yes... Gary's E52 Lowdown Blog has recently been very helpful. I actually stambled on it after searching the Internet for information about servicing the CVT Gearbox. Obviously I first started with searching on here.
All help and contribution on the EOC is still much appreciated

Last edited:
The E52 is still a "proper" Elgrand, it belongs on here. I am an E51 (S2) fan, maybe I will stretch to an S3 for my next purchase. This is the Elgrand Owners Club. We embrace all Elgrands and their owners......
I agree the Elgrand Owners Club is here to embrace all Elgrands, and it's only members posting who add to the E52 coverage. As there are more E50 & E51 owners the content is going to be greater. This may change in time, but E50s & E51s have a head start of years.

Not sure if you'll be able to see all the posts about E52's if you've only done 6 posts on the forum @CKapasa .

You need to get 10 posts done, then log out and log back in again to be able to see all the forum. Or pay for premium membership.

But you're right about there being far less about E52's than E51's. There's also less about E50's than E51's these days (but probably more about E50's than E52's).
You might have a point although I am a premium (paid) member.
My contribution are limited because I'm not very technical if at all. Perhaps I could share my brief experience but that's about it. Iv done very minimal (none technical) work on my old E51 and E52 in terms of ICE and android consoles but the taste is very subjective. Anything else technical is always taken care of by someone else. Quite often paid services

Last edited:
Welcome aboard...

I had never heard of the spacetourer. However, now I looked it up, how is it similar to an E52? :worried:

I was thinking the same as well... Surely you can't compare a Spacetourer to an E52. I guess that's how low the E52 reputation is on EOC 😂

Back