• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Ensuring the Future of EOC - 10 Post Rule

Its a shame things moving towards Facebook as plenty of us do not use it. I have never seen the Elgrand OC facebook! I hope the good content is mainly here as everybody can partake.

Its a shame things moving towards Facebook as plenty of us do not use it. I have never seen the Elgrand OC facebook! I hope the good content is mainly here as everybody can partake.

All the best content is here. Nothing is shared on Facebook that is not shared here. But there are things here that aren't shared to Facebook, so really the Facebook only clan are the ones missing out.

All you miss on Facebook is a lot of pathetic arguments, and a lot more pictures (it's definitely quicker and easier to share pics on Facebook than on here). But then again, if you think you see a lot of pictures on here of me cleaning my Elgrand... Facebook is flooded with them, and they all look the same. I only share the best ones here :cool:

For the most part ElgrandOC facebook page is good... There is more banter on there and it can get a little more heated than in here, not as pleasant sometimes...

If I wasn't staff I'd probably close my Facebook down.

Only thing you may be missing is the ElgrandOC marketplace on FB, sometimes things get advertised there and not here.

And @Mark (Madfish) you are absolutely spot on. This forum single handed proves that with the right information, the right members, and the right team developing and leading the forum, it works much better than Facebook ever can.
I think clubs that failed with regards to Facebook are the ones that did not keep up with software development (they never had to keep on top of it), they lacked technical help in relevant, organised sections, and they didn't embrace the power a Facebook group can have on the back of a forum.

I imagine there are a lot of people here who found us through Facebook (the power of social media), but use the forum because it's so much better than Facebook for what they need.

Thanks for the explanation, I just love cars not interested in banter/arguments! Sounds like i'm in best place then.

As staff/owners with a self run forum you are in control forever. With FB you are just a worker bee for Zuckerberg.

Pardon my ignorance but, what's facebook ????:rolleyes:

I,m kidding of course,it's the place were my lads ask each other a load of un important stuff, whilst sat in the same F#####g room

I found you guys through the Facebook page, and now appreciate the extra value of the forum. The rego process seems easy and well thought out, with good controls on access.

A forum allows topics and subjects to be covered more in-depth. I found this forum through the facebook site which is good, but am definately happy to have found the forum, its like my little Elgrand encyclopedia :)
@RiderInOZ Welcome to the :

Attachments

• C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images(11).jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images(11).jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 22
Ahh... EE is also the abbreviation for "Elgrand Enthusiasts" aka "The Karl/EOC Hate group"... hence my confusion.

Ahh... EE is also the abbreviation for "Elgrand Enthusiasts" aka "The Karl/EOC Hate group"... hence my confusion.
They should have gone with the latter. Has a ring to it!

Just googled Elgrand Enthusiasts - they only have 1 member on the forum & think that's the admin person.

I suppose they all use facebook then??

Just googled Elgrand Enthusiasts - they only have 1 member on the forum & think that's the admin person.

I suppose they all use facebook then??

No, the forum you can find online was a trial one they set up. The other one they have is a secret forum and you need the link to be able to access. You cannot find it by searching for it. The club is "invite only".
Last I heard there was very very little going on with their forum, but no idea about the Facebook group.

To be honest, I don't even think about them any more. After the phone call I got from a disgruntled banned member who joined the EE ranks threatening to "give me a slap" at a show I was going to (which he didn't turn up to, shock horror), I realised that they're just a bunch of sad pathetic jealous knuckle dragging Neanderthals, and not worth any time/effort.

Back