• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Ensuring the Future of EOC - 10 Post Rule

thanks Phil - should there be a link in your post? I can't see anything.

Liam

Sorry Liam :joy:

https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/...000-miles-jap-auto-agent-ltd.8724/#post-87363

Are messages the same as posts
As the club has grown over the past few years, and with the increased "guest" users browsing the forum, the admin team have decided to make a few changes.

This weekend, the forum will now be CLOSED to all GUESTS. This means, if you do not have a registered account, you will no longer be able to view the forum. This will stop bandwidth getting used up by people who are not contributing to the club.

Registration will remain 100% FREE! So anyone who genuinely needs to know what's going on will have to register an account to view the forum. Once you register, you will become a "REGISTERED" member. At this point, you will have access to:
  • General
  • Social
  • Photography
The other sections of the forum will still be locked out.

There will then be a POST COUNT "upgrade" to "ACTIVE" member. This will happen when you hit 10 posts. Hopefully this will allow people to introduce themselves a little and chat to other members before they get access to the more technical forums. This will encourage new members to build a rapport with existing members and help to integrate them into the community. When you become an "ACTIVE" member, you will then get access to:
  • Motoring Specific
  • Classifieds
Of course, there will still be the OPTIONAL choice to upgrade to premium status. This will remove the post limit and allow members to gain access to all areas of the forum without having to post, although we hope that anyone who opts to take this method will use their payment wisely to become part of the community. There will also still be the standard "PREMIUM" member upgrades such as access to discount codes and uploading pictures directly to the forum.

This decision has been made to ensure that the bandwidth usage on our server remains in keeping with our member base, which is supported by our premium members. We still hold the belief that the forum should remain a FREE resource for everyone, and that will remain the case. Membership applications are AUTO approved, there is no admin input to registration requests, so there will be no delay in signing up, and registration will still remain to be completely free of charge.

We hope this change is suited to all members.

ANYONE WHO HAS REGISTERED, BUT HAS LESS THAN 10 POSTS WILL LOSE THEIR ACCESS TO THE TECHNICAL SECTIONS. IF YOU WANT TO RETAIN THIS ACCESS, PLEASE WORK TOWARDS INCREASING YOUR POST COUNT BY JOINING IN WITH CONVERSATION.
Are messages the same as posts, just looking my profile and there is a message count but not posts. I’m not really au fait with forums, always a bit put off by the protocol and people’s peoples lack of patience when people don’t follow the protocol. Having said that, this one isn’t too bad for that sort of thing. The hard work of the admins of the club is very much aprreciated btw.

Messages are the same as posts, you've got 12 under you're belt so far so have full access to the forum :)

You won't be selling that beauty for a while @Brendan1969 & when you do you'll be asking too much for most of us ;):)
Your right Phil. She is a keeper for the while albeit I will upgrade to a later S3 in a couple of years if a minter comes along. Any car is only ever worth what someone will pay but if you want an example that has had all the mods done, been loved and pampered and is different in a special sort of way then you do indeed have to pay a premium but I am not a greedy man by any means and always sell for what I consider to be a fair and bargain price. Put it this way Phil, I bought a great vehicle from WRM and I will be selling a BETTER vehicle come the time and will probably break even or there abouts.

Your right Phil. She is a keeper for the while albeit I will upgrade to a later S3 in a couple of years if a minter comes along. Any car is only ever worth what someone will pay but if you want an example that has had all the mods done, been loved and pampered and is different in a special sort of way then you do indeed have to pay a premium but I am not a greedy man by any means and always sell for what I consider to be a fair and bargain price. Put it this way Phil, I bought a great vehicle from WRM and I will be selling a BETTER vehicle come the time and will probably break even or there abouts.

Lovely looking motor mate - please don't get bored with it & keep it going & posting on here :)

Lovely looking motor mate - please don't get bored with it & keep it going & posting on here :)
Cheers Phil. Kind words. Appreciated as always. You should however try a really nice E50 one day as they are awesome. Im sure " Our Nathane69 " would do a swapsie with you over a weekend and we are not talking wifes and photo's this time:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Cheers Phil. Kind words. Appreciated as always. You should however try a really nice E50 one day as they are awesome. Im sure " Our Nathane69 " would do a swapsie with you over a weekend and we are not talking wifes and photo's this time:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Knowing @Nathane69 - he'll probably include his motherinlaw as part of the weekend deal. I don't fancy stopping at every service station on my journey ;):joy:

As the club has grown over the past few years, and with the increased "guest" users browsing the forum, the admin team have decided to make a few changes.

This weekend, the forum will now be CLOSED to all GUESTS. This means, if you do not have a registered account, you will no longer be able to view the forum. This will stop bandwidth getting used up by people who are not contributing to the club.

Registration will remain 100% FREE! So anyone who genuinely needs to know what's going on will have to register an account to view the forum. Once you register, you will become a "REGISTERED" member. At this point, you will have access to:
  • General
  • Social
  • Photography
The other sections of the forum will still be locked out.

There will then be a POST COUNT "upgrade" to "ACTIVE" member. This will happen when you hit 10 posts. Hopefully this will allow people to introduce themselves a little and chat to other members before they get access to the more technical forums. This will encourage new members to build a rapport with existing members and help to integrate them into the community. When you become an "ACTIVE" member, you will then get access to:
  • Motoring Specific
  • Classifieds
Of course, there will still be the OPTIONAL choice to upgrade to premium status. This will remove the post limit and allow members to gain access to all areas of the forum without having to post, although we hope that anyone who opts to take this method will use their payment wisely to become part of the community. There will also still be the standard "PREMIUM" member upgrades such as access to discount codes and uploading pictures directly to the forum.

This decision has been made to ensure that the bandwidth usage on our server remains in keeping with our member base, which is supported by our premium members. We still hold the belief that the forum should remain a FREE resource for everyone, and that will remain the case. Membership applications are AUTO approved, there is no admin input to registration requests, so there will be no delay in signing up, and registration will still remain to be completely free of charge.

We hope this change is suited to all members.

ANYONE WHO HAS REGISTERED, BUT HAS LESS THAN 10 POSTS WILL LOSE THEIR ACCESS TO THE TECHNICAL SECTIONS. IF YOU WANT TO RETAIN THIS ACCESS, PLEASE WORK TOWARDS INCREASING YOUR POST COUNT BY JOINING IN WITH CONVERSATION.
Love to join in conversation but don't get van until August so wouldn't now what I was talking about.

Any info on replacing double din not sure what is compatible with 2007 highway star

If you've got up to your ten posts, you will find a lot of info on fitting a double din head. If money no object why not get a professional to install one? If like most of us it is an object, you will find suggestions on what to buy and how to fit it. 😉

Any info on replacing double din not sure what is compatible with 2007 highway star
If you go to the forum drop down section. Have a look in the help needed or technical info pages. There's loads of threads going about double dins in the ice sections. Guides on how to wire it up and some recommendations on what to buy or what you need etc 👍

Back