• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Ensuring the Future of EOC - 10 Post Rule

Funnily enough when I first registered and realised you needed 10 posts I was a little disheartened but actually spending 5 minutes on here and reading the logic, I can definitely see that it has worked well. ;) Plus it's a lot better than the suggestion of charging in all honesty as I saw recommended... I personally would have just clicked off the page had there been a fee.

I guess I'm just a tight arse.

@Ash - And that is what I never wanted to do. ElgrandOC was set up as a free resource for everyone. And the 10 post rule would never have come into play if EOC had not been so successful and we didn't have to manage traffic through the site.

The big bonus is that most people, such as yourself, who come here and follow the 10 post rule, then see what information we have, often then choose to pay the £12 membership fee just to support the club, because in all fairness, we'll save you that much easily with the advice you can glean from our members.

But I would rather people opt to pay it than be forced to pay it. Much better sense of self satisfaction knowing this place runs itself financially based on the fact people deem it worthwhile... rather than forcing people to pay and leaving people feeling bitter for not getting what they want.

I see the £12 as access to an 'online workshop manual' that's constantly being updated, improved and will always offer me more than one answer to my question (by forum members), the fix with original parts, an alternative or an upgrade option if I want it.

It's the best £12 I spend all year, I can't even get 3 pints at my local for £12

Last edited:
I see the £12 as access to an 'online workshop manual' that's always being updated, improved and will always offer me more than one answer to my question (by forum members), the fix with original parts, an alternative or an upgrade option if I want it.

It's the best £12 I spend all year, I can't even get 3 pints at my local for £12
Totally agree Robin, having spent £9.75 on a glass of wine for the wife the other night!...If I can just get her to have 1.3 less glasses of wine a year that pays for the forum subs!

Funnily enough when I first registered and realised you needed 10 posts I was a little disheartened but actually spending 5 minutes on here and reading the logic, I can definitely see that it has worked well. ;) Plus it's a lot better than the suggestion of charging in all honesty as I saw recommended... I personally would have just clicked off the page had there been a fee.

@sticky Could have broken that post into 10 bite sized chunks and hit the 10 post target :laughing:
I am a bit late picking up this "debate" , having joined the party recently, but having read STICKYS post felt the guy was being totally honest & maybe felt a bit targeted by the comments being made , but MrG is right ...
The post could have been broken down , easily hit ten posts, received likes & would most likely have had
"Active Member" status in no time ,hope you stick around Sticky , you sound very knowledgeable & YES you are the sort of person the OC needs ( in my opinion) ... If he reads this!!
One clear vibe this forum gives is EVERYONE is welcome 🙋

I agree Ash, I may have backed off - in my defence I just think it's a "Yorkshire Thing " 😵 ,BUT at the same time I
don't believe you get " owt for nowt" ... So I will stump up in the near future👍

I appreciate your input mate, and totally agree with what you are saying, but with how quickly other clubs died, especially the one that forced paid membership, I don't want to see that happen to EOC, so trying to be creative with solutions :)
I don't want to enforce paid membership for the club to then die a horrible death as no one would benefit from that.
Really tricky one. Just joined. First Ellie after SUPRA. First joined, then upgraded to membership very quickly...but needed to see it first. All things in life come and go. Not trying to go deep here, but discussions are good. The more viewpoints to draw on, the better the decisions, mostly, in the end. Is premium membership value? Off course it is, if you want to be involved, and stick with that car.
Agree with Karl though. If you put the pay barrier up too soon, it will have an effect.

As the club has grown over the past few years, and with the increased "guest" users browsing the forum, the admin team have decided to make a few changes.

This weekend, the forum will now be CLOSED to all GUESTS. This means, if you do not have a registered account, you will no longer be able to view the forum. This will stop bandwidth getting used up by people who are not contributing to the club.

Registration will remain 100% FREE! So anyone who genuinely needs to know what's going on will have to register an account to view the forum. Once you register, you will become a "REGISTERED" member. At this point, you will have access to:
  • General
  • Social
  • Photography
The other sections of the forum will still be locked out.

There will then be a POST COUNT "upgrade" to "ACTIVE" member. This will happen when you hit 10 posts. Hopefully this will allow people to introduce themselves a little and chat to other members before they get access to the more technical forums. This will encourage new members to build a rapport with existing members and help to integrate them into the community. When you become an "ACTIVE" member, you will then get access to:
  • Motoring Specific
  • Classifieds
Of course, there will still be the OPTIONAL choice to upgrade to premium status. This will remove the post limit and allow members to gain access to all areas of the forum without having to post, although we hope that anyone who opts to take this method will use their payment wisely to become part of the community. There will also still be the standard "PREMIUM" member upgrades such as access to discount codes and uploading pictures directly to the forum.

This decision has been made to ensure that the bandwidth usage on our server remains in keeping with our member base, which is supported by our premium members. We still hold the belief that the forum should remain a FREE resource for everyone, and that will remain the case. Membership applications are AUTO approved, there is no admin input to registration requests, so there will be no delay in signing up, and registration will still remain to be completely free of charge.

We hope this change is suited to all members.

ANYONE WHO HAS REGISTERED, BUT HAS LESS THAN 10 POSTS WILL LOSE THEIR ACCESS TO THE TECHNICAL SECTIONS. IF YOU WANT TO RETAIN THIS ACCESS, PLEASE WORK TOWARDS INCREASING YOUR POST COUNT BY JOINING IN WITH CONVERSATION.
Need to develop my new media skills. Just replied to a post that originated in, or maybe slightly before, the last ice age.

As the club has grown over the past few years, and with the increased "guest" users browsing the forum, the admin team have decided to make a few changes.

This weekend, the forum will now be CLOSED to all GUESTS. This means, if you do not have a registered account, you will no longer be able to view the forum. This will stop bandwidth getting used up by people who are not contributing to the club.

Registration will remain 100% FREE! So anyone who genuinely needs to know what's going on will have to register an account to view the forum. Once you register, you will become a "REGISTERED" member. At this point, you will have access to:
  • General
  • Social
  • Photography
The other sections of the forum will still be locked out.

There will then be a POST COUNT "upgrade" to "ACTIVE" member. This will happen when you hit 10 posts. Hopefully this will allow people to introduce themselves a little and chat to other members before they get access to the more technical forums. This will encourage new members to build a rapport with existing members and help to integrate them into the community. When you become an "ACTIVE" member, you will then get access to:
  • Motoring Specific
  • Classifieds
Of course, there will still be the OPTIONAL choice to upgrade to premium status. This will remove the post limit and allow members to gain access to all areas of the forum without having to post, although we hope that anyone who opts to take this method will use their payment wisely to become part of the community. There will also still be the standard "PREMIUM" member upgrades such as access to discount codes and uploading pictures directly to the forum.

This decision has been made to ensure that the bandwidth usage on our server remains in keeping with our member base, which is supported by our premium members. We still hold the belief that the forum should remain a FREE resource for everyone, and that will remain the case. Membership applications are AUTO approved, there is no admin input to registration requests, so there will be no delay in signing up, and registration will still remain to be completely free of charge.

We hope this change is suited to all members.

ANYONE WHO HAS REGISTERED, BUT HAS LESS THAN 10 POSTS WILL LOSE THEIR ACCESS TO THE TECHNICAL SECTIONS. IF YOU WANT TO RETAIN THIS ACCESS, PLEASE WORK TOWARDS INCREASING YOUR POST COUNT BY JOINING IN WITH CONVERSATION.
yeah man

Better start posting before I get told off lol
And there you go ,easy once you start ;)
p.s only the a####### get told off

p.p.s if you check in here (below) peeps can welcome you and your replies get your ten post count up very quickly indeed

https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/forums/introductions-newbies-please-check-in.6/

p.p.p.s lol just noticed your a premium member so don't have to get to ten posts------would still be good to say hello though lol--------don't worry not everyone is as slow as me :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Better start posting before I get told off lol

Welcome to the club @Russ1968 and many thanks for going premium :)

The 10 post rule doesn't apply to you now but we'd love it if you became a regular poster :)

This is what i am after is information on the Elgrand e50 as everywhere i go for information don't know or not interested as it's an import

There's a whole host of information and technical expertise on here regarding the E50 (and the other models) just hit them 10 posts and the forum is all there for you to use :)

But don't just hit the 10 posts, join in and have fun :) we're a friendly bunch and everyone welcome old and new. This place goes beyond Elgrand information, it's a place to make friends and have great experiences (if you like that sort of thing :) )

I've met some great people on here and people I can now call friends :)

This is a very active forum, I am lucky to be a member. Give what you can, ask what you need. I think most things you could ever need have been talked about already.

Best bit is premium gives you direct photo uploads.. I am in other forums which require linking etc which is messy and a royal pain.

They say car forums are dying, favebook has killed them etc etc...

This place proves them all wrong! Very active, very friendly and a proper community spirit

I know I'm staff and probably biased but I genuinely think this is one of the best motoring forums out there!

Back