• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Wales Elgrandfest 2022 Wales

We will be able to make it, it will be a bit of a dash down on Friday night and hopefully can stay over to the Monday, Jayne will ask for the Monday off tomorrow.

Not sure if we will put the awning up over the weekend as it will be dark when we get there, (about 9.30 to 10pm) and I like sleeping in the van anyway.

It will be nice to meet you all!
Glad you can make it. 👍

So me an @Elementian are absolutely broken at the moment… we both have covid so doesn’t even look like we can make it 😭😭😭 as we don’t want to risk giving it to anyone..
Oh no, sorry to hear this. I would have thought there's a good chance you'll be clear by next weekend, although it will depend how you're feeling of course. Hope it's not too bad and you both feel better soon.

Oh no, sorry to hear this. I would have thought there's a good chance you'll be clear by next weekend, although it will depend how you're feeling of course. Hope it's not too bad and you both feel better soon.
I’m coming out the other side tbh… an will be past the 10 days.. so I’ll be in the clear

It’s Husband who’s behind 😬 he will be on about day 7 when we have to go.. so I’m just hoping for a negative tests even though he’s allowed out on day 5 isn’t he?

if it’s all in the clear/ come would people want me to try an arrange someone else to bring the communal drinks/ snacks as I can imagine some will be a bit funny having things off us even if in the clear? 🤷‍♀️

We will be able to make it, it will be a bit of a dash down on Friday night and hopefully can stay over to the Monday, Jayne will ask for the Monday off tomorrow.

Not sure if we will put the awning up over the weekend as it will be dark when we get there, (about 9.30 to 10pm) and I like sleeping in the van anyway.

It will be nice to meet you all!
Will it be the electric pitch or non electric pitch you will be taking?
I will need to know you’re details to add you on.. name, phone number and car reg? :)

I’m coming out the other side tbh… an will be past the 10 days.. so I’ll be in the clear

It’s Husband who’s behind 😬 he will be on about day 7 when we have to go.. so I’m just hoping for a negative tests even though he’s allowed out on day 5 isn’t he?

if it’s all in the clear/ come would people want me to try an arrange someone else to bring the communal drinks/ snacks as I can imagine some will be a bit funny having things off us even if in the clear? 🤷‍♀️
I am around you guys most of the time anyway lol

no issues with drinks on my side 🤪

Can I register a 2nd car on site? If I can I may come down in the van early to set up the tent, and the wife and kids will come later in car after school/work

Can I register a 2nd car on site? If I can I may come down in the van early to set up the tent, and the wife and kids will come later in car after school/work
Yeah contact the campsite an just let them know you would like to bring another car? I’m sure there’s a cost but you will have to double check for that.. just say who you are an you’re apart of the ElgrandOC group. :)

Hope you're both feeling better soon and in the clear before for the weekend!
No issue, with you bringing the communal stuff as I know you'll be sensible and careful with it all👍

Hope you're both feeling better soon and in the clear before for the weekend!
No issue, with you bringing the communal stuff as I know you'll be sensible and careful with it all👍
Thank you! :) should be in the clear 🤞

I hope we are anyways as were so looking forward to it :)

So here’s some guidelines guys for the campsite…

Arrival time anytime after 1pm!

Departure by 12pm

Dogs- Always on lead. But can be let out on the enclosed dog walking section

Fire/ barbecues- no open fires… Barbecues must be off the ground!

(we will have a fire pit from the campsite)

Day visitors- there’s a £5 per person charge for day visitors kids are free though you will have to check in at the campsite office.

Everything is on this link so have a little read :)

Hi Guys and Gals.
I have a sad news to share 😢
As of today we forever lost our beloved Elgrand.
Last night while refueling the LPG to get ready for the Walesh Elgrandfest meet, the lpg system (STAG) developed catastrophic gas leak which cause a total mayhem. Police, Fire brigade, closure of the petrol station for 15hrs .... You name it!!! According to the fire brigade, the pressure valve on my interior tank popped open then froze solid leading to 12hr gas leak of 100L LPG into the interior irreversibly contaminating the seats, carpets, head lining, door carts, the lot.
The insurance company immediately wrote the van off, condemning it unsafe, bio contaminated and dangerous. This means the van was recovered but taken to a Copart as a total write off without any options of me buying able to buy it off.
As mentioned to Lisa, unless we are able to join you with our estate, I don't think we will be come. 😭😭😭

Last photos of our Elgrand before leaving us forever

Attachments

• IMG_20220510_121347.jpg
    IMG_20220510_121347.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 22
Hi Guys and Gals.
Last night while refueling the LPG to get ready for the Walesh Elgrandfest meet, the lpg system (STAG) developed catastrophic gas leak which cause a total mayhem. Police, Fire brigade, closure of the petrol station for 15hrs .... You name it!!! According to the fire brigade, the pressure valve on my interior tank popped open then froze solid leading to 12hr gas leak of 100L LPG into the interior irreversibly contaminating the seats, carpets, head lining, door carts, the lot.
The insurance company immediately wrote the van off, condemning it unsafe, bio contaminated and dangerous. This means the van was recovered but taken to a Copart as a total write off without any options of me buying able to buy it off.
As mentioned to Lisa, unless we are able to join you with our estate, I don't think we will be come. 😭😭😭

Blooming heck so, so sorry to hear this.

I know it will be no comfort, but thank goodness you are OK.

I have never heard of anything like this before.

Hi Guys and Gals.

OMG just glad everone is safe and well

Wow
Hi Guys and Gals.

thats an epic fail!!!

And those wheels 😭

hope you still come along.

Hi Guys and Gals.

So crazy how they could write it off when it’s dual fuel they should allow for it to be repaired or even to take the gas system off..

But as I’ve said in the private message.. please still come! Don’t have to have an Elgrand to still be apart of the Elgrand family :)

Back