• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Anything features you wish you had/would want if chosing again?

Its interesting to see a lot of folk mentioning curtains and 4WD. I held out and went for an XL model which has these as 4WD is extremely useful for me as I live in a very rural location and have to get up a track to my house. I have used the curtains for camping and also for keeping the heat down a bit when parked in the sun.

What I would really have liked, and it's quite a boring mod sorry, is isofix as standard. Not exciting I know but it would make the van so much more versatile. I had to put an aftermarket kit which fits okay on a seat but I've also had times when we have friends with kids over and it would have been ideal to all go out together in the van if there were more isofix points. Very occasionally you can find an E50 or 51 with them on I think but it's very rare.

I had my front seats covered in a sort of leatherette material to match the RnR bed and in the winter heated seats would be very well received by SWMBO.

Annoyingly, just after I'd had the seats recovered, someone on the forum posted a link to after market heating elements but I'd spent the conversion budget by then šŸ˜•.

Yes, ISO fixings would be nice too.

What make is your remote start?

Does your remote look like this one?

I think its a remote start but not sure on exactly how to get it to work
Yes certainly looks like a remote for stop start but looks as if it is aftermarket.
There are threads on the forum for how to turn it on and off, from memory there is a switch on the drivers side footwell.
This is my remote, made by Nissan.

Attachments

• 20220825_135820.jpg
    20220825_135820.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220825_135839.jpg
    20220825_135839.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 3
its funny how you don't know what you want/need until you actually have a van (by which time its too late)

First van - White 2wd 2.5L Petrol with rear camper conversion
Current Van - G30 4wd 3.5L Petrol/LPG with full side conversion

one lives and one learns :)
As you say owning one makes you realise what you want from a van, i had a bongo before Elgrand what really helped me hone in on the key parts i wanted for its replacement.
Luckily my mate had an Elgrand for about a year or so prior, which peaked my interest and it was really handy as got to help him do a few mods to it. So got a really in depth look prior to me taking the plunge

Cruise control, better reverse lights, better boot light and integrated sat nav in English.

Back