• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Anything features you wish you had/would want if chosing again?

Curtains is the only thing I'd like.

I have 4wd which I've never needed to use yet, so hypothetically I'd trade it for curtains 😅

4WD & Electric Curtains... only coz I don't have them :sob::sob:

An OEM front splitter on my S2 HWS! It desperately needs one to finish off the front end IMO. Sadly they are like rocking horse poop….

An OEM front splitter on my S2 HWS! It desperately needs one to finish off the front end IMO. Sadly they are like rocking horse poop….
Pretty sure there’s someone on the FB group that is making these?

Things I’d like but don’t have

Curtains
4WD
A nice meaty subwoofer
Fancy disco lights

• Ah, now you have said it, I do remember something being said about the 67mph limit which would be a bit of a ball ache TBH
  • Now I feel better about not having it nor spending the £450 on the OEM look-alike you can get from Autostrada if it were also limited to 67MPH (anyone got the Autostrada kit and can comment on the 67MPH limit?)
  • BTW, yes, I know there are alternative CC kits like the CanM8 and 3-drive Pivot, but they're not for me
The autostrada kit is awesome, can use it from about 15mph to top speed, really handy with all the average cameras everywhere these days.
Its was expensive (£425 2years ago) but as my van has all the options it would have been rude to not fit it.
After using it for the 2 years i have no complaints or regrets.

And to add to my previous - electrically adjustable seats for the driver at least, and maybe the passenger - not just forward and backward but rake/ncline too and with memories to hold the adjustments for individual drivers - but I don't think the were ever factory options for the E51 S1/S2?

My olf Volvo V70 even had this and it was a boon for use as the wife is 5ft and I'm 6ft tall.

Pretty sure there’s someone on the FB group that is making these?

Things I’d like but don’t have

Curtains
4WD
A nice meaty subwoofer
Fancy disco lights
Thanks - I had 'heard' but couldn't see anything online about it. I don't have FB but the wife does, so will see if I can access the group via her account. Would this be Pro Fit Kits by any chance?

Last edited:
When I bought my van about 3 1/2 years ago I managed to get exactly the spec that I wanted which was a black 3.5 Rider 4WD with twin sunroof, both power doors, electric curtains and 5.1 sound.
Also as a bonus has auto closing mirrors and remote stop start, rear screen, winter pack and rear aux jacks.
At the time I was dead chuffed but what I would really like is this under the bonnetNissan Nismo V8.jpg

Last edited:
My OEM cruise was broken on my black one when I bought it, it would work for maybe a minute then beep and flash up an error in Japanese on the screen. I acted on @George322 's advice of cleaning the radar, also found there was a disconnected pin holding the front grill in place right in front of the radar so fixed that at the same time as cleaning the radar. Since then it has worked perfectly but it is limited to 110kph which is a pita.

My OEM cruise doesn't seem to do the harsh braking some have reported, though it does slow down (and I've known it to brake) if another driver overtakes then pulls in a bit close in front. It doesn't have the anticipation or sense of a driver.... But I once followed a car in front off a motorway to the roundabout junction at the end of the off-slip and thought I'd put the radar braking to the test - I didn't have to even touch the brake until it got down to maybe 10mph, it did all the braking for me (though of course I was ready just in case it messed up) and it beeps when braking. The radar has an adjuster, it can be aimed. If it isn't aimed correctly (directy forwards) then I imagine it will keep slamming on the brakes when overtaking other vehicles or being overtaken... E.g. If it is aimed a bit sideways then it will seem as though a passing vehicle has suddenly appeared right in front of the car.

Last edited:
When I bought my van about 3 1/2 years ago I managed to get exactly the spec that I wanted which was a black 3.5 Rider 4WD with twin sunroof, both power doors, electric curtains and 5.1 sound.
Also as a bonus has auto closing mirrors and remote stop start, rear screen and rear aux jacks.
At the time I was dead chuffed but what I would really like is this under the bonnetView attachment 79102
What make is your remote start?

Does your remote look like this one?

I think its a remote start but not sure on exactly how to get it to work

its funny how you don't know what you want/need until you actually have a van (by which time its too late)

First van - White 2wd 2.5L Petrol with rear camper conversion
Current Van - G30 4wd 3.5L Petrol/LPG with full side conversion

one lives and one learns :)

I've got a 2.5L and would probably prefer a 3.5L, but since I've never driven one I can convince myself that they're basically the same.

I'd love curtains for the wow factor, but have no idea when I'd use them.

The thing I wanted early this morning on my drive to the beach was the winter pack with heated mirrors. Had to reverse for 3 tractors and couldn't see a thing in the wing mirrors.

Another vote for curtains, oh and maybe LPG so we could afford to use it :D

I’m going to be boring and say , I don’t have sun roofs, electric sliding doors, curtains and I don’t miss any of them ;)
Nothing boring there! I have one electric sliding door but use the other to save the battery, and to honest the front sunroof, which is good old push up manual is enough for us. Think we have had the electric one opened once only!

Back