• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Anything features you wish you had/would want if chosing again?

GeordieG

Active Newbie
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
North East
What's missing from your van?
What do you wish you had?

I'm specifically thinking things you can't easily/cheaply retrofit.

50bhp extra.
Better brakes.

4wd... The one option that would make my van complete :)

I wish my Elgrand was electric! Went camping in North Wales last week from Cardiff, spent over £300 in petrol in a week getting there and back and driving round. Glad to get back home and stop driving it!!

I would have loved OEM cruise control for the occasions I go to countrys with real motorways, eg France.
I absolutely hate crusing at just under 70. AFAIK, JDM vehicles limit you to 67mph on cruise control, which is really annoying.

I absolutely hate crusing at just under 70. AFAIK, JDM vehicles limit you to 67mph on cruise control, which is really annoying.
Mines broken anyway and means one day it might fail it's MOT with no way of fixing if someone takes exception to the constant dashboard warning light!! The factory radar cruise control is more trouble than its worth anyway and it's actually pretty dangerous in operation in my opinion anyway. Wish I hadn't bought an Elgrand with it (or the stupid leaking sunroofs for that matter!!)

We have a campervan.

- a bigger bed (should have thought more about this at time of conversion)

- outside temperature gauge (lost in conversion)

- cruise control (not really for cc - but to try and stop going too fast)

Nothing too major.

• Ah, now you have said it, I do remember something being said about the 67mph limit which would be a bit of a ball ache TBH
  • Now I feel better about not having it nor spending the £450 on the OEM look-alike you can get from Autostrada if it were also limited to 67MPH (anyone got the Autostrada kit and can comment on the 67MPH limit?)
  • BTW, yes, I know there are alternative CC kits like the CanM8 and 3-drive Pivot, but they're not for me

• Ah, now you have said it, I do remember something being said about the 67mph limit which would be a bit of a ball ache TBH
  • Now I feel better about not having it nor spending the £450 on the OEM look-alike you can get from Autostrada if it were also limited to 67MPH (anyone got the Autostrada kit and can comment on the 67MPH limit?)
  • BTW, yes, I know there are alternative CC kits like the CanM8 and 3-drive Pivot, but they're not for me
Yeah - I only know it from my bitter experience with the Legacy. Spent £80 getting the cruise control limit and 110mph limiter removed! At least those are mappable engines though. I gather there's not a cat in hell's chance of mapping an Elgrand this side of Japan.

Just have a decent foot and you'll be good! I'm not sure why the 67mph limit irks me so much but it just does

The autostrada kit won't be limited to 67mph, it is basically the same hardware as the CanM8 but with an OEM switch (although not actually an Elgrand switch as it doesn't have the Radar button).

We have a side conversion which means our bed is about 2/3 of the width of the vehicle, it doesn't help that we are both chunky. SWMBO recently revealed she isn't happy with this aspect of the conversion.
This is what she Magnu looks like.

Edit: thanks to @AlanM
IMG_20220222_145558.resized.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah - I only know it from my bitter experience with the Legacy. Spent £80 getting the cruise control limit and 110mph limiter removed! At least those are mappable engines though. I gather there's not a cat in hell's chance of mapping an Elgrand this side of Japan.

Just have a decent foot and you'll be good! I'm not sure why the 67mph limit irks me so much but it just does
Being an auld fart I quite enjoy pootling along the M6 at 60-70mph and getting a 30mpg payback. It's only when I'm reeling in Transporters and passing them at full chat that I stand on the loud pedal :) :) 👍

Back