• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

2023 ElgrandOC Charity Calendar

Might be a tad late @Just Japanese

All,

Due to the lack of interest from people in the last 2 years, the EOC Charity calendar will NOT be done in future.
Lack of participation in terms of photo's submitted, lack of people wanting to buy, and the attitude the staff have received over the very few that have been sold makes it totally not worth while.

Overall, the club has raised a significant amount of money selling these calendars over the last 7-8 years, but all good things must come to an end.

The total donation for this year is nothing. The club lost money.

Thanks to all those of you who have bought them previously, but the scheme ends now.

Might be a tad late @Just Japanese
I didn't see this :-(

@Karl if anythng changes let me know.

If any going spare @Lisa-Marie I can try help out as I do every year - but only as they arrive in time to give them out, i struggled to give them out last year in feb and march and still have some in my drawer.

As suggested last year, I am happy to help drum up sales on facebook etc.

Here if needed

I didn't see this :-(

@Karl if anythng changes let me know.

If any going spare @Lisa-Marie I can try help out as I do every year - but only as they arrive in time to give them out, i struggled to give them out last year in feb and march and still have some in my drawer.

As suggested last year, I am happy to help drum up sales on facebook etc.

Here if needed
I’m sure we still have quite a few left tbh 🤦‍♀️ I’ll double check an message you :)

An last year everyone received their calendars by the 8th January later than expected but definitely not feb/March. :)

I must of missed that communication or completely forgotten about it.. but appreciate the help it’s definitely disheartening with all the effort that goes into things like this an not have much response at all. :)

I’m sure we still have quite a few left tbh 🤦‍♀️ I’ll double check an message you :)

An last year everyone received their calendars by the 8th January later than expected but definitely not feb/March. :)

I must of missed that communication or completely forgotten about it.. but appreciate the help it’s definitely disheartening with all the effort that goes into things like this an not have much response at all. :)
I messaged you as well :) - i got mine much earlier than march lol - but they were a lot later than 8th Jan and i guess the new year new me new calander business just wasn't doing it for them in feb / march when i was trying to hand them out. (miserible buggers)
Happy to help if you need me

I messaged you as well :) - i got mine much earlier than march lol - but they were a lot later than 8th Jan and i guess the new year new me new calander business just wasn't doing it for them in feb / march when i was trying to hand them out. (miserible buggers)
Happy to help if you need me
You have made me intrigued as to how late it was last year 😂 I’ve just looked at the last years post an you received them on the 6th January

But agree people never seem to bother with calendars from February onwards :)

Lisa-maria how many have sold with six and a half thousand members i would of thought it would be popular

Lisa-maria how many have sold with six and a half thousand members i would of thought it would be popular
The trouble is Bob that the thread keeps getting buried, I tried to bump this years half way through ( you could tell it was slow)
Always thought these threads should have an “automatic” daily bump feature

View attachment 83451

Yep 6th jan so definitely not February or March.
As per my earlier PM to this comment, it felt like later than 8th Jan 🙈 and was Feb and March when still trying to give them out 👍

I’ll await reply to pm and will try to get some bought to help you out

it is just a general inquiry dave as i say with six and a half thousand members you would think more would take part it is for charity and i know mine will be late this year as my address was not sent by me so some time is fine but back on subject they are not cheap to produce and the price reflects that but again it is a fair price for the quality there has been some brilliant photos over the year with proud owners all over the forum but few sent in and for the price of a couple of coffees from the garage as they fill up it makes no sense

Only 9 was sold.. 2 more people have bought now but still currently got 39 calendars sat in my house when selling 50 calendars to thousands of members for charity you wouldn’t think it would be this poor sales..

I’ve done mass notifications, posted on Facebook etc and pinned it to the top of fund raising 🤦‍♀️ I agree posts get lost so fast

wow that is bad posting on fb will get lost fast lets hope Karl will calm down and rethink the calender i always look forward to it any way hope you get well and the new year is better

wow that is bad posting on fb will get lost fast lets hope Karl will calm down and rethink the calender i always look forward to it any way hope you get well and the new year is better
They have a mass notification feature on the Facebook side also.. so everyone in the group got a notification of the calendars same on this one 🤦‍♀️ so definitely crazy with the poor sales.

Currently it’s a group admin decision to step back as I’ve been doing it for a few years with constant grief from some members in my private messages for not picking their photos to complaining about price to delivery.

I totally get people have opinions an there will always be someone that isn’t happy. But to have that constantly when you’re doing something off you’re own back to try an raise money for a charity is very disheartening 😬

Obviously it may come back but for now I’m not 100% sure it will be

But I do appreciate the ones that have been absolutely amazing with me every year. :)

TBH, I don't think calendars are, like diaries, very popular now. I bought one last year and it gradually disappeared under the paperwork. Not a criticism, just a fact of life.
If there is to be one next year, print on demand not print to expectations. Nine sales to 6.5k members is poor despite your marketing efforts.
Thinking caps on for next year, I do have some ideas that I will gladly share.....
Only 9 was sold.. 2 more people have bought now but still currently got 39 calendars sat in my house when selling 50 calendars to thousands of members for charity you wouldn’t think it would be this poor sales..

I’ve done mass notifications, posted on Facebook etc and pinned it to the top of fund raising 🤦‍♀️ I agree posts get lost so fast

We're not a calendar household here, we just have one for noting holidays/planned events etc.
Not a complaint or criticism on the charity Calendar, and I have respect for club members getting involved.
Maybe a poll on something different for this year?, Keyring/torch/pen type of thing, or maybe just a donate to the Forum option?
The member on here with the illuminated signs seemed to have a good response.
Just some NYD ramblings..

We're not a calendar household here, we just have one for noting holidays/planned events etc.
Not a complaint or criticism on the charity Calendar, and I have respect for club members getting involved.
Maybe a poll on something different for this year?, Keyring/torch/pen type of thing, or maybe just a donate to the Forum option?
The member on here with the illuminated signs seemed to have a good response.
Just some NYD ramblings..
Simple donation to the charity(ies) of the year might be the route or one of @Redmeg's novelty items priced to include a donation?

The trouble is Bob that the thread keeps getting buried, I tried to bump this years half way through ( you could tell it was slow)
Always thought these threads should have an “automatic” daily bump feature
Maybe the site should have a "banner" on every page promoting the calendar in November/December, not too difficult to modify the header to keep it in the public eye.

Back