• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Xanavi radio conversion

I’m sure I can get someone to give me a hand.
I’ve been speaking to Xanavi today and they are quoting me £1400 that includes unit and facia panels/buttons etc does that sound about right .
O and thanks for your help everyone 👍
If you have a series 2 that's what my quote was including postage

Yes I think it is,2006 model,thanks👍

No that sounds expensive, I was £800 for the unit minus Elgrand OC discount of 15% so £680. I also ordered the buttons at a cost of £190. DHL delivery was £95 or parcelforce £50. I went for the DHL delivery. They also charged me £150 refundable deposit for when I sent back my old unit. I paid £1115 in total but will end up £965 once my old unit gets returned

No that sounds expensive, I was £800 for the unit minus Elgrand OC discount of 15% so £680. I also ordered the buttons at a cost of £190. DHL delivery was £95 or parcelforce £50. I went for the DHL delivery. They also charged me £150 refundable deposit for when I sent back my old unit. I paid £1115 in total but will end up £965 once my old unit gets returned
Yours is a series 3 though. Series 2 upgrade is much more involved, new fascia, new headunit and new monitor.

Just seen that it was for a series 2, mine was for a series 3

For everyone that has Xanavi replacement is it as good as it looks ?

I am most surprised that my previous posts in this thread have been removed as there seems to be some doubt as to wether Xanavie are actually Russian or Estonian ( there are 3 posts above where members claim they have links with Russia.) As I pointed out in my second post it is difficult to establish where many busineses are owned owing to the proliferation of tax havens these days - and that includes London. As for the Govt being morally corrupt , I think the recent events in our Mother of Parliaments speak for themselves and I am sure many members on here would agree with me.
Nevertheless I shall accept your decision with good grace - whoever it was that decided - the message notifying me of the decision being unsigned.
The decision to remove your post was due to reports for containing Political content. Political speech and discussion is not allowed within the forum. One of the very few rules we have in place and enforce, as it always causes arguments and divides.

Wow, £1400 for a radio for a 15-20 year old car!! I didn't realise they were so expensive! Good luck to those who want it, and I'm sure it's great, but you could buy a double din inside a second car for that!!

Hi all I'll just add to the comments, so I bought the Head Unit Conversion via dealer from Xanavi...took weeks to arrive etc, paid around £900...all menu is English, and Sat Nav works fine, not as detailed as modern sat navs, but works fine, the menus are all good but not that comprehensive...The mpg doesn't calculate, ( suppose its to do with odometer still in km and head unit been miles)..the Bluetooth and hands free works fine too. I paid £13 half k for Elgrand and the upgrade Head Unit, is it worth it for a 14yr old vehicle , probably not,,,,but hey ho...the Elgrands are ace....

I just want those English buttons! Anyone know what their taken from? Closest I found was from an infinity g37, but it's still not the same.. I don't like those cheap stickers you get on ebay. These look so much nicer!

Closest I’ve found has buttons in a different order from a Murano.

Attachments

• IMG_8782.jpeg
    IMG_8782.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
I bought one a while ago , it works well. Its expensive however its a bit of a captive market. They were easy enough to deal with albeit a bit slow with the refund of the deposit. As the head unit is integrated into a number of other systems you are paying for something that just works versus a generic double din unit that takes time to figure out. The earlier elgrands could use a generic double din however from the E51s3 up I think its generally considered more painful due to diagnostic system integration.

Back