• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Shocking!!!! One reason why I love living in The Netherlands is the roads are virtually immaculate, it does cost but its worth it!!

I remember nice roads, oncecupon a time.

Local roads are supposed to be paid for by councils which use councils tax to pay for it. The roads budget has just been cut from £2.4million to £600k , so it's only going to get worse.

I didn't mention that this is on the NC500 route

So we go to many concerts and festivals, last weekend we saw Lindisfarne in Emsworth really good night, this year we already have four 4-days festivals booked (with Ed), the first is Cambidge Folk (just me Khal and Ed), the other three (Khal not keen on my prog music), so just me and Ed. All paid for and sorted. Saw the opportunity to see YES in Bristol 31 May, so booked a ticket £60+. Khal says "Really, YES", why spend the money?, my riposte "I know but, one of the first bands that I saw at the Rainbow in 1971 and I like YES...one for road so to speak".

So yesterday Khal went to London with her friend to see Hamilton (not a fan of musicals). Seen the ticket stub this morning with train ticket etc., a lot fecking more then £60 notes, bided my time until we were having a glass in the garden this afternoon. "So, was Hamilton that good", I said, "Fantastic" says she. "Bit pricy" says me, "well worth is says she", "cost more than YES" says me, "You have no culture" says she...WTF, she is probably right!!!

Last edited:
Right where I am, RIGHT NOW, this is what the met office says the weather is (note, no blue or other colour for rain)
1713125705452.png

......but outside it is totally hammering down, bouncing off car roofs job

Still believe their predictions of the weather in 30 years time 🥱

So we go to many concerts and festivals, last weekend we saw Lindisfarne in Emsworth raelly good night, his year we already have four 4-days festivals booked (with Ed), the first is Cambidge Folk (just me Khal and Ed), the other three (Khal not keen on my prog music), so just me and Ed. All paid for and sorted. Saw the opportunity to see YES in Bristol 31 May, so booked a ticket £60+. Khal says "Really, YES", why spend the money?, my riposte "I know but, one of the first bands that I saw at the Rainbow in 1971 and I like YES...one for road so to speak".

So yesterday Khal went to London with her friend to see Hamilton (not a fan of musicals). Seen the ticket stub this morning with train ticket etc., a lot fecking more then £60 notes, bided my time until we were having a glass in the garden this afternoon. "So, was Hamilton that good", I said, "Fantastic" says she. "Bit pricy" says me, "well worth is says she", "cost more than YES" says me, "You have no culture" says she...WTF, she is probably right!!!
Yvonne has never seen Hawkwind but then I've never seen Boyzone, Robbie Williams, Steps, S Club. 😂
Our musical tastes apart from Meatloaf and Rocky Horror are totally different.

Weather ≠ climate
No relation whatsoever. No interlinking whatsoever :)
Which is why they tell us what rain will be like, what snow will be like, what sun will be like in 30 years.

...when they're often clueless when it's already happened

When they can get it right tomorrow, I'll start believing their modelling predictions for 22nd July 2050
:)

:joy:

Last edited:
No relation whatsoever. No interlinking whatsoever :)
Which is why they tell us what rain will be like, what snow will be like, what sun will be like in 30 years.

...when they're often clueless when it's already happened

When they can get it right tomorrow, I'll start believing their modelling predictions for 2058, or 2136
:)

I think you are being totally unfair, you can’t be seriously asking a forecaster to predict, that’s just one step too far , what do you think they are :innocent:

Out walking the dog about an hour and a half ago, and on a road near me, which I've got to go on every day- yet again- some fing muppet rag n bone 'man' or 'tradesman' had overloaded (or dumped) a shed load of cr*p like wood, tiles, nails etc etc on a one way system you can't avoid. So me and the mrs had no option really but to go back, get some sweeping brushes and dust pans and clear it up ourselves, or risk nails in tires or mega sharp broken tile pieces, and tyre fitters, money, AA call outs etc etc. Thick, muppet stuff like this winds me up a treat. As if we want to spend 1.5 hours of an evening clearing up after some loser. Society has so many people who were dragged up.

Back