• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

SANTA POD. JAP SHOW FINALS. 2nd / 3rd OCTOBER 2021 CLUB STANDS BACK.

Just went to top up with LPG I know the LPG gauges are crap but had just gone onto 3/4 and took half a tank just got to recline one seat fill the car with stuff and am ready to go.
I just went and got 150 litres of LPG...
93 Litres in my Elgrand tank
Plus 57 litres in a tank I keep in the yard to flush air out of new LPG tanks. This tank is the type they strap on the back of forklifts, it has a filling port built directly onto the tank so I can just open the tailgate, connect the forecourt pump and just fill it up.

But if I wanted I could easily keep the extra tank in the luggage area of the Elgrand, fit a T piece in the pipe that feeds the engine from the spare wheel tank, run a pipe from the T piece to the forklift tank and have a useable 150 litres of LPG onboard the Elgrand... Easy to add an extra 57 litres capacity whenever I want, decide whether to take the forklift tank on a trip or take it out of the Elgrand and leave it in the yard if I don't want to carry it around. Or instead of the forklift tank I could put an even bigger tank in the back of the Elgrand (such as the 120 litre tank I have here that came out of a limo) and have over 200 useable litres of LPG onboard - Easily done ;-)

All loaded and fuelled up ready for the off.
Just the coffee cup and flask to do in the morning.
Hopefully setting off at 5.30 - 6am so ETA will be around 10 to 10.30am.

All loaded and fuelled up ready for the off.
Just the coffee cup and flask to do in the morning.
Hopefully setting off at 5.30 - 6am so ETA will be around 10 to 10.30am.
Me too, all loaded bar the food, up at 5.30am for 7.30am ferry, hopefully wind doesn't stop sail, completely knackered, little night cap then bed time, hopefully be there around 11am travel permitting.

I just went and got 150 litres of LPG...
93 Litres in my Elgrand tank
Plus 57 litres in a tank I keep in the yard to flush air out of new LPG tanks. This tank is the type they strap on the back of forklifts, it has a filling port built directly onto the tank so I can just open the tailgate, connect the forecourt pump and just fill it up.

But if I wanted I could easily keep the extra tank in the luggage area of the Elgrand, fit a T piece in the pipe that feeds the engine from the spare wheel tank, run a pipe from the T piece to the forklift tank and have a useable 150 litres of LPG onboard the Elgrand... Easy to add an extra 57 litres capacity whenever I want, decide whether to take the forklift tank on a trip or take it out of the Elgrand and leave it in the yard if I don't want to carry it around. Or instead of the forklift tank I could put an even bigger tank in the back of the Elgrand (such as the 120 litre tank I have here that came out of a limo) and have over 200 useable litres of LPG onboard - Easily done ;-)
Easily done for an expert like you.

Oh well, no Santa Pod for me. Eldest daughter has had a positive PCR test back this morning. I'm sure someone will manage an extra breakfast 😉.

I therefore have two adult and one child ticket for tomorrow (Sunday) only available in Derby area if they are of use to anyone.

Sorry to Brian for going to all the trouble then having to let you down.

Sorry guys, we won't be coming today but will join you first thing tomorrow. We all got absolutelly soaked while the youngest played two matches this morning so still trying to warm up 🤧 and misses isn't keen for the boys to sleep outside. Tell Cliff to keep us some of his dirty burgers 🍔 😊
See you all tomorrow

Reactions: BMR
Wetter than an otters pocket. See you all tomorrow, hopefully drier than a nun’s chuff. Fingers crossed. 😢🤞😇

Reactions: BMR
Back