• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

KPL...OMG!!!

Ok all, just ran out of LPG yesterday after running it in snow mode. It covered 205 miles, but here's the rub, I only put £48 in as the LPG pump cut out. All final figures as follows:

£55..standard mode..211 miles.
£60..sport mode........210 miles.
£48..snow mode........205 miles.

Based on my simple research it appears there is some truth in snow mode being more economical. I have to say it still feels responsive and if you need to give it wellie it drops snow mode and drives as it does in the other modes anyway, like thrust 2!
I find snow mode noticeably sluggish in comparison to normal. Okay round town where you don't want revs/power

Ok all, just ran out of LPG yesterday after running it in snow mode. It covered 205 miles, but here's the rub, I only put £48 in as the LPG pump cut out. All final figures as follows:

Based on my simple research it appears there is some truth in snow mode being more economical. I have to say it still feels responsive and if you need to give it wellie it drops snow mode and drives as it does in the other modes anyway, like thrust 2!
What sort of driving is this please as I would expect town driving to be worse in snow mode as it will be in the wrong gear to pull away, on long steady runs I can see that snow could make an improvement.

What sort of driving is this please as I would expect town driving to be worse in snow mode as it will be in the wrong gear to pull away, on long steady runs I can see that snow could make an improvement.

I can't see it making any difference on long steady runs - its biggest effect is when you pull away. Much gentler which has got to make a massive difference when stop-starting or accelerating from low speeds.

It can be irritating/dangerous at junctions when you expect normal-mode nippyness from your half-centimetre depress of the accelerator pedal, but instead get a s-l-o-w pull away 😀
This is user error on my part - if I want nippyness I should flick it off briefly (or just depress the pedal more).

There's not enough info to reach any conclusions..

The different prices to fill the tank with LPG you mentioned beg the question did you fill with the same amount of LPG for each trip? And/or was LPG the same price per litre each time you filled?

Different conditions (temperatures etc) can affect how much LPG you get in the tank on each occasion even using the same pump, especially if using different pumps.

Using different modes (standard / sport / snow) different drivers may get different results... For example, one driver may maintain exactly the same speed, a different driver may let the speed fall on hills in snow mode if they don't compensate for the less keen / slower kickdown using the accelerator. It only takes minor changes in driving conditions (and how the driver responds to them) to make for different mpg results.

The one thing we can be certain of is that anytime you've run out of LPG (so you're running on petrol) your cost per mile is much more than it would have been if you hadn't run out of LPG.

With my big tank I could easily do 350 miles on LPG without using any petrol, or 700 miles if I attach my 2nd (easily connected / removed) tank.

I never thought it was an accurate scientific test, just some feedback from my own experience which I thought I would share. FYI it was the same pump with the fill button pressed until it clicked off each time, if the varied temperature was the cause of the differing cost then happy to go with that.

I never thought it was an accurate scientific test, just some feedback from my own experience which I thought I would share. FYI it was the same pump with the fill button pressed until it clicked off each time, if the varied temperature was the cause of the differing cost then happy to go with that.
See u r in north east , where are u filling up and they price , always on look out for gd Lpg availability with decent price

Morrisons mate. Killingworth and Byker so far.

FWIW the Range Rover P38a fuel consumption display was rigged so it never showed below 9.9mpg....

Morrisons mate. Killingworth and Byker so far.
Yeah I’ve used killingworth few times on passing , if u r up near Ashington anytime , that’s cheapest I’ve found around here

Back
Top Bottom