• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

ElgrandOC Financials - New Treasurers Appointed

I have never had an issue with the £12 a year membership to have such collective knowledge at my fingertips. Bit of a no brainer. I'm guessing this won't be the last of this type of thing. Seems to be a yearly event. I trust those that run the club and I trust @Karl. Just wish everyone could just get on and enjoy our vehicles. The club is about the cars... Not a bitchfest! Why they feel the need for threats of violence over a club is beyond belief. It just saddens me. All the effort put in by everyone is much appreciated.

I normally sit back and just soak up the resources here and would happily hand over my money again to Karl.
When I was getting set up and emailing him at obscure hours from Australia he still found it simple enough to flick me a response.
This on top of running the site and still not drawing a wage and people question his integrity.
Head up Karl and team!

Been here nearly a year, been helped many times, to my shame only recently paid my £12. @Karl I wouldn't mind if you had a pint off of the funds the forum, it is an amazing resource and I would hate to see it lost, not just for the selfish reason of getting help but the banter and interaction I would genuinely miss.
the amount of crap you and the admin team have had to deal with is plain wrong, please remember that most of us have a massive amount of respect for you, so much so that we will every now and then let you rant😁.
So thank you again team and if it all gets too much dump Facebook and keep the forum, its nicer and more respectful here

Doesn't bother me where my 12 quid a year goes. It's a small VOLUNTARY donation to help keep the club running. Even if it went to @Karl for running it all it would be fine by me. I just enjoy taking part in the forum.

But as usual do gooders & nosey, jealous knacker sacks have to stir things up. I'm guessing it stems from fuckbook again.

I understand why you're implementing new procedures just a shame there's a need for it. Keep up the good work.
As @Phil said ,also if said accuser thinks Karl is fleecing the club they may leave .... 99% of us are happy to be here
- Thanks to Karl , Pippa & admin for providing a fantastic OC 👍

Been here nearly a year, been helped many times, to my shame only recently paid my £12. @Karl I wouldn't mind if you had a pint off of the funds the forum, it is an amazing resource and I would hate to see it lost, not just for the selfish reason of getting help but the banter and interaction I would genuinely miss.
the amount of crap you and the admin team have had to deal with is plain wrong, please remember that most of us have a massive amount of respect for you, so much so that we will every now and then let you rant😁.
So thank you again team and if it all gets too much dump Facebook and keep the forum, its nicer and more respectful here

Agreed!

Next we know there will be an AGM and election of officers.

Joking aside, having a robust financial system is important when dealing with other folks money, not least for your own protection. Seems like a sensible way forward.
Agree... having the proper checks and balances in place is a sound idea anyway... this then keeps you @Karl whiter than your van then.

Many clubs and organisations, big and small do this.

look at the popularity of this club compared to some of the others around, this shows its being run correctly, firstly by @Karl , then employing some admins and club reps and now treasurers

hell.....i dont even mind if they all meet up once in a blue moon and have a drink or 2 for all the hard work they've done, they do and hopefully will continue to do.....you've earned it

There has been a comment recently around the financials of the club, I think it was more aimed at someone accusing me of pilfering, but regardless of that, this needed to happen in the long run anyway.

So, there is a new system in place for the club finances and I would like to explain that process to you all now, just so that you ALL know that money is NOT being taken by any of the admin team for their own gain, and to show that money gained by the club is going into re-investment in club equipment, running the website etc.

So, 2 treasurers are being appointed. The first of which is @dognero, the second is to be confirmed.

We felt that the treasurers should be active members on the forum, not part of the admin team, and been around for a long time. The two members I have asked are members that I trust implicitly with the funds.

A new PayPal account has been set up by Dognero. None of the admin team have ANY access to this account. None of us have a password or any knowledge of funds available.

Any merchandise sold (stickers, clothing etc) that the club get benefit from will go to the new paypal account which is now STORE@ELGRANDOC.UK

The ONLY exception to this will be when one of the admin team are organising a meet and collecting ticket money, in this instance, all money will be paid to their PERSONAL PAYPAL ACCOUNT. Obviously you will be able to check that ticket fees etc are all correct with the event itself, and assuming you receive your ticket, no profit has been made by the organiser.

PROCESS TO WITHDRAW FUNDS

This is the important bit. For any of the admin team (this includes CLUB REPS), first of all the expense must be discussed within the admin team. Acceptable expenses will be competition prizes, club equipment (banners, marquee, flags, etc), event consumables (charcoal, first aid kits, etc), club stationery (spotted cards, flyers, etc) and merchandise stocking (stickers etc).

Once the expense has been discussed and agreed buy us, the requesting team member must then send a request via PM to both of the treasurers with a description of what the expense is, how much it is, and the paypal address the funds are to be sent to.

Once the purchase has been made, a screenshot of the invoice/receipt must then be sent to the treasurers to prove the purchase has been made. If no receipt/invoice is provided, that team member will be banned from the club.

There are some automatic payments that come out of the club paypal account, these are website hosting fees and URL licence fees.

I really hope that this new process puts member's minds at ease with regards to how the club finances are being used. None of the admin staff of ElgrandOC have ever made money out of the club. But thanks to someone's accusations, there is now MORE work that we will have to do in order to keep things running smoothly.

I will say now that if there is any more backlash surrounding this, any more accusations or any more aggro given to me over how the club is ran, I will turn it all off. Because I am completely 100% totally at my whit's end with regards to the stress running this place gives me.

If I do get to that point and the resource is something that people do not want to lose, I will SELL ownership of the forum to someone else and pass the stress onto them. But that discussion can be held at a later time IF it comes to that. I've put countless hours into setting this place up, and for accusations such as this to be thrown at me makes me sick. Even if I had ever taken money from the club, it could never be enough to compensate for the hours put in and the abuse I've received.

Feel free to discuss.
Karl, I am outraged that anyone would suggest financial wrong doing on this forum. I could not run a forum of any kind, I wouldn't know where to start, I have no knowledge of the cost of starting and running a forum such as this. I set values in a different way, as I have said only yesterday when commenting on the Facebook post on this forum. I spent some time assessing how this forum may benefit me, was it worth while?, was it something I could take part in?, was it worth my time?. I think I spent the best part of 18 months or so just looking, I didn't want to read about how one persons child vomited over the dog and his granny has piles etc etc or get advice like "if your brake pads squeal just give your discs a good coating of grease and that will stop the noise". I wanted to be part of a forum that was functional rather than dis-functional. After some time of watching I committed to take part and having been received with open arms by many members and regular participants I decided to upgrade to premium membership. At £12 per year it presented as exceptional value for money it equates to around about 4 cups of coffee in Starbucks or Costa per year. As a member I do not care what that gets spent on or by whom. I am intelligent enough to know that this forum must cost something and it costs me £1 per month, that sounds like the best deal I've done this year. I am saddened to think that some fool(s) have nothing better to do than create mischief for others without the slightest bit of substance. I would put it to those people that if they feel so strongly about this they should not pay, nobody is forced to pay the £12 and you can remain an active member for free. This world has more than its fair share of trouble without manufacturing misery. In closing I would say that those of us who are happy and trust the EOC way of doing things should carry on regardless of the limited few, who, for what it is worth would cause trouble in an empty house. Lets keep it sensible this club thrives already, we don't need the aggravation of the haters, they will move on in the end..

Jesus, no way could I cope with all this, no idea how @Karl does it, I take my hat off to him.

I'll be honest though I actually thought (sounds ridiculous now!) that the point of starting a forum and going on to build it to become a success was to run it as a business ergo if there are monies left over after the running of the site then this is a wage and you can pay your mortgage with it!

Another ridiculously busy car forum I was a member of for many years drew in a LOT of money, the owner eventually sold it to a large Canadian company for thousands, so much so he bought a new house and a Jag. The Canadians added a load of adverts and got the £12 subs and advert revenue too.

I don't understand why the creator and owner of a forum cannot keep any money to do what they like with once they have paid for the running of the forum.

Seriously my head hurts and my fucking tinnitus has now turned itself up to 11 so for the love of God can someone talk to me like I am a 5 year old and explain why my thinking is way off? Arrrggghh I just don't get it.

Jesus, no way could I cope with all this, no idea how @Karl does it, I take my hat off to him.

I'll be honest though I actually thought (sounds ridiculous now!) that the point of starting a forum and going on to build it to become a success was to run it as a business ergo if there are monies left over after the running of the site then this is a wage and you can pay your mortgage with it!

Another ridiculously busy car forum I was a member of for many years drew in a LOT of money, the owner eventually sold it to a large Canadian company for thousands, so much so he bought a new house and a Jag. The Canadians added a load of adverts and got the £12 subs and advert revenue too.

I don't understand why the creator and owner of a forum cannot keep any money to do what they like with once they have paid for the running of the forum.

Seriously my head hurts and my fucking tinnitus has now turned itself up to 11 so for the love of God can someone talk to me like I am a 5 year old and explain why my thinking is way off? Arrrggghh I just don't get it.
Wouldnt have been mx5nutz would it

They sold up. Gone down the drain now

They sold up. Gone down the drain now
Ditto, everyone moaned about 'The Canadians' then buggered off, they get about 20 posts a week now lol.

The owner made so much money he even gave each Moderator £3k as a thank you.

Jeez if I ran a large forum then I make no apology, anything left over would be paying for my holidays.

Any good club always has to have financial scrutiny and accounts, that's why treasurers are appointed and committee's, It's good due diligence when money is exchanging hands. Unfortunately people can cast doubt without any proof. As you say it needed to happen anyway, I've been members of lot's of motoring, scootering, charities and stones will always get thrown. Generally it's the downfall of most clubs who aren't run correctly. Accounts are usually signed off by an accountant. Now you'll have the documented evidence to show that it was all being run legally. Good luck going forward everyone.

I find valium is the best answer

I find valium is the best answer
The Dr gave me some antidepressants when I first started with it but I didn't want to go down that road so I took them back unopened and told them to update my notes and dispose of them.

But sometimes, grrrrr it drives me fecking mad.

Anyway, I've gone slightly off track there lol.

Shame the subs couldn't be a two-part contribution ie 'I'd like £8 to go towards the running of the forum and £4 to Karl to do with what the hell he likes'

Karl me ol mucker I don't think you need to explain anything. I'm sure 99% of members think and know your a good honest chap... Just don't take any notice of the 1% of the dipsticks that get on here.

Shame the subs couldn't be a two-part contribution ie 'I'd like £8 to go towards the running of the forum and £4 to Karl to do with what the hell he likes'[/QUOTE]
Now that's a good idea..!!

Back