• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Cruise Control

Elgranduk

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Elgrand
E51
One thing I miss coming from a Grand Cherokee is cruise control.

I see people have fitted the Canm8 system and wondered if you had thoughts about it (ease of use reliability etc)

Fitting is fairly easy, couple of fiddle wires to connect to the odb connector, had mine 2 years never had a problem except if you hold the increase speed in to long it will kick down and make the engine scream.

Fitting is fairly easy, couple of fiddle wires to connect to the odb connector, had mine 2 years never had a problem except if you hold the increase speed in to long it will kick down and make the engine scream.
Thats good to know, did you fit yours yourself?

Yes took a couple of hours due to removing the steering wheel column surround and lower fasia near the fusebox to get to the wiring.

Yes took a couple of hours due to removing the steering wheel column surround and lower fasia near the fusebox to get to the wiring.
Thats good going, I fitted a remote start system when I first bought mine a couple of years ago (how time flies)

I had quite a bit of stripping down to do, took most of the day to install and set up.

Do you have any pictures of the install please.

I don't sorry, when I ordered it the sent a wiring diagram to my phone.

Canm8 cruise control for Elgrand is out of stock... I'm waiting it for 3 months...
Started thinking about DIY cruise control on Arduino

I have a Pivot on mine which includes a throttle controller. You will have to order from Japan though.

I have a Pivot on mine which includes a throttle controller. You will have to order from Japan though.
Please tell me more.
Was it one of the 3-drive line up.
Just looked on Pivots website and they seem to do 4 models (a EVO PRO & BLP0

The one I have has been superseded by the 3DA.

Been gathering information from Pivots website, it looks like I need a main unit (3-drive · α) a brake harness (BR-3) and also a Throttle harness (TH-3A)

The main unit is priced at ¥28,000 (about £170) can't see a price for the two cables, so I have sent them an email.

Then the usual shipping, customs & vat charges etc on top.

Be interesting to see the total price.

I was a bit disappointed it didn't come as standard, it's really handy on long motorway journeys and I used it all the time with previous vehicles.

You are better off with an aftermarket one as the standard CC is limited to a max of around 68mph. You can buy the original steering wheel switch if you want the bother of wiring it to the squib. Or there's a rather expensive kit available from Aus that includes the original switch.

You are better off with an aftermarket one as the standard CC is limited to a max of around 68mph. You can buy the original steering wheel switch if you want the bother of wiring it to the squib. Or there's a rather expensive kit available from Aus that includes the original switch.
Your right, just noticed the 30kph-140kph on their site
Can you point me in the direction of an aftermarket one please

https://sinergymotorsports.com.au/product/cruise-control-Nissan-Elgrand-e51/

The Pivot one goes up to 86mph, it's the standard Nissan item that stops at 68mph.

I bought my pivot recently from blackhawk japan I think they have them reduced at the moment if you have a look.

I purchased my pivot about 5 years ago they are brilliant and still works perfectly and simple to fit.

Any tips on unplugging the brake plug? Had a go a few days ago and just couldn't get my hands around to the top of it enough to push the tab to get it apart.

Back