• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Can I convert the screens to English?

No, only series 3.
Do you, or anyone else you know, know if the earlier systems can be updated via disc or any other means?
If so, is there a source for a suitable boot-disk to examine?
Or any info on the update system?
( I like to poke at things until they either work or make smoke...)

Do you, or anyone else you know, know if the earlier systems can be updated via disc or any other means?
If so, is there a source for a suitable boot-disk to examine?
Or any info on the update system?
( I like to poke at things until they either work or make smoke...)
I believe Xanavi delved into series 2 conversion at one point but it was only a partial conversion and much more expensive than the series 3 due to the complexity of the conversion. Series 3 use a hard drive, where as the earlier models were DVD based and the firmware embedded.

I think you are more likely to make smoke.

Once the Xanavi system is installed is it known if the satnav can be updated as road networks change.

Being a new user, I cannot access the page yet. I just bought myself a E51 and very interested in doing the android overlay screen on the original head unit. Can someone please share any link for parts and instruction? I came across someone who does supply and fit but are very expensive.

I’ll take a look at this…..when I’m allowed 😂 Cheers

There is a system available to buy for around £1000 plus off ebay and from Australia which is type specific for the S3 model E51's. I reckon it would be well worthy of the spend if it does actually does what it says it does.
Hello. I've tried doing this. Unfortunately after a while of fixing the satnav up and watching tv etc. it was great. But the satnav part of it was so off key with the roads. I was driving in the sea or in the fields. We just could not get it to match up with the satellite. Had it removed. .

Being a new user, I cannot access the page yet. I just bought myself a E51 and very interested in doing the android overlay screen on the original head unit. Can someone please share any link for parts and instruction? I came across someone who does supply and fit but are very expensive.
Check out this thread. It's an alternative way of doing it at a much more reasonable price.

You can get a cd to change most of it for a lot cheaper.
www.caraudioworkshop.co.nz/nissanconversions
Very cool. Just gotta figure out how to stop my dvd/cd player saying 'Reading disk...' I think someone put a cd in there and the music box thing started copying and they tried to interrupt it and now it's stuck.. ooof. Thanks for the share

Also forgot to mention that I am based in Melbourne Australia, can anyone recommend an Elgrand friendly workshop over in the outer Eastern suburbs?
I'm interested too, did you get any replies or any info you can share?

Back