• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Bike carriers for rear Elgrand...

What are the spec of the gas struts needed to take the extra weight of the Thule 973? Thanks
Do you want to lift the lid with the bikes on the rack or off, I upgraded to these but haven't tested with bikes yet.

vMUzpjY.jpg

There is a clip at that you need to prise out you need someone to hold the lid up for a piece of wood.

Do you want to lift the lid with the bikes on the rack or off, I upgraded to these but haven't tested with bikes yet.

vMUzpjY.jpg
I just replaced with the same ones... did lift with rack for a while but started to give way. Stopped doing it and are back fine again. 👍🏽

I am still struggling with Thule bike rack. Anyone can share how they managed to fix the top? I got the brackets to fir the bottom, but the top part that extends seems very flimsy and comes off easily. Am I doing this wrong?
Lv7bq7c.jpg
HlnrAcY.jpg
ZIEVkfY.jpg
5ZW8xvz_d.webp

I am still struggling with Thule bike rack. Anyone can share how they managed to fix the top? I got the brackets to fir the bottom, but the top part that extends seems very flimsy and comes off easily. Am I doing this wrong?
Lv7bq7c.jpg
HlnrAcY.jpg
ZIEVkfY.jpg
5ZW8xvz_d.webp
That is pretty much how mine looks, the top part is flimsy but I think the weight of it means it shouldn’t pop out at the top - although my spoiler pads are a little further towards the front of the car than yours, I have 15 holes showing….

They always give me the heebie jeebies when I see the racks strapped to the tailgate, when I had a small hatchback car, I always used to cut up a sponge kitchen cloth to put the hooks on top of.

If it's something @woodenspatulas decides he wants to investigate, I suspect we would both be looking for a tow bar rack in the first instance.

Lv7bq7c.jpg
HlnrAcY.jpg
ZIEVkfY.jpg
5ZW8xvz_d.webp
Looking to try this also

That is pretty much how mine looks, the top part is flimsy but I think the weight of it means it shouldn’t pop out at the top - although my spoiler pads are a little further towards the front of the car than yours, I have 15 holes showing….
Do you know where to buy the Elgrand brackets?

Ayup, just trying to fit the 973 to my van and wary of the top attachment going over the spoiler... one knock upwards and it feels they will come loose and take my boot off!? Any thoughts? Cheers!
How did you get on with the rack?

They always give me the heebie jeebies when I see the racks strapped to the tailgate, when I had a small hatchback car, I always used to cut up a sponge kitchen cloth to put the hooks on top of.

If it's something @woodenspatulas decides he wants to investigate, I suspect we would both be looking for a tow bar rack in the first instance.
How did you get on is it sturdy enough?

Back