• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Bike carriers for rear Elgrand...

They always give me the heebie jeebies when I see the racks strapped to the tailgate, when I had a small hatchback car, I always used to cut up a sponge kitchen cloth to put the hooks on top of.

If it's something @woodenspatulas decides he wants to investigate, I suspect we would both be looking for a tow bar rack in the first instance.
How did you get on?

Do you know where to buy the Elgrand brackets?
Mine is an E51 S2 XL and I believe the XL is the only model that does not require bottom brackets...... I have driven 100s of miles with 2 or 3 bikes on the back without any issues. As someone has said, the laws of physics just keep everything in place. I have probably made a couple of marks on the rear roof spoiler but nothing that would really concern me. I am not sure if it just me, but I leave the carrier on 100% of the time, bikes or no bikes - and it is mostly no bikes.

Thanks. It’s almost impossible to source them :)

anyone know of an alternative bike rack for the Elgrand e51 , the thule 973 is now obsolete?

Where did you purchase the bike rack. Thanks
Amazon - but looking back I think it was in like 2020 before they became rare. Ebay probably your best bet for a used one

Back