• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Which Elgrand have you got?

Which Elgrand have you got?

• E50

Votes: 248 15.9%
  • E51

Votes: 1,185 75.8%
  • E52

Votes: 49 3.1%
  • None

Votes: 82 5.2%

• Total voters
2002 E51. at least i think it is ha. no manual in it
mines a e51 series 1 rider ,,pearl white twin sunroof cream leather 3.5 smooth as silk

I have just bought my first ever E51 2008 2.5l Petrol

Odd place to put this question, but it is a kind of what you got?, and I didn't want to start a thread.
Q: Are Elgrand's commonly used as rental cars in Japan? And if so, could a decent percentage of UK Elgrander's Elgrands be X-rentals?
Short answer: you can rent them but they are expensive, hard to find and so not a popular choice.

Long answer: Nissan RentACar did/does offer Elgrands from Major cities & airports but at JPY80,000/GBP420 for a weekend they just don't get hired out as much as Kei Cars which cost around JPY26,000/GBP135.

Outside major cities or in Okinawa, Elgrands were never on offer - it was pretty much Kei car or nothing. Some rental companies such as Tabirai say they offer them but a quick search now shows none available: https://en.tabirai.net/car/vehicle/vehicle-type/?VID=23

Last edited:
About a month ago I bought Toby, a 2012 E52 black Highway Star 2.5 as a replacement for Bertha, a 2003 E51 3.5.
Miss the space of the E51- boot space just amazing with the seats up on the sides and miss the sound of the V6.
Don't miss the frequent trip to the petrol station

For the E52 I like the fuel economy, better seats and ICE (despite its limitations of no CarPlay). Dislike the boot space - seat fold down and not up/out of the way. Not sure yet what to make of the CVT. Time will tell on that one.

About a month ago I bought Toby, a 2012 E52 black Highway Star 2.5 as a replacement for Bertha, a 2003 E51 3.5.
Miss the space of the E51- boot space just amazing with the seats up on the sides and miss the sound of the V6.
Don't miss the frequent trip to the petrol station

For the E52 I like the fuel economy, better seats and ICE (despite its limitations of no CarPlay). Dislike the boot space - seat fold down and not up/out of the way. Not sure yet what to make of the CVT. Time will tell on that one.
@ElGrand52 - 1 and half years going and I have exactly the same experience as you. Miss the big boot with seats folding out of the way. Miss the v6 sound on a decatted 3.5 litre. Miss the family of 5 road trips to Europe with half the house carried in the boot. The E52s just don't have the same practical space. The seats... yes are very luxurious but don't do the same swivel job as the old E51s. The ICE is very restrictive and stuck to Japanese services on the E52 so I ripped it out to the horror of my dear wife. She literally caught a fit when she saw what I did to the dashboard / centre console. I now have a custom Chinese full android stereo that is compatible with the the original 360 birds eye camera (plug and play). Also has canbus and talks to the car well with all functions working. That's probably the best thing I have done to the new car. Even though I love the new Ellie the E52s are still not quite the same. I have mixed feelings, maybe they should have called it something else other than Elgrand.

Sorry got carried away... Done the poll at the beginning of the post and my model is : Nissan Elgrand 2.5 TE52 Highway Star. Not sure what variation as it has Nismo trims and body (Its definitely not an Autech). Also fewer seats (captain) in the back instead of benches so it's ended up being a 6 seater.

Hope you are enjoying your Toby 😊

Last edited:
@ElGrand52 - 1 and half years going and I have exactly the same experience as you. Miss the big boot with seats folding out of the way. Miss the v6 sound on a decatted 3.5 litre. Miss the family of 5 road trips to Europe with half the house carried in the boot. The E52s just don't have the same practical space. The seats... yes are very luxurious but don't do the same swivel job as the old E51s. The ICE is very restrictive and stuck to Japanese services on the E52 so I ripped it out to the horror of my dear wife. She literally caught a fit when she saw what I did to the dashboard / centre console. I now have a custom Chinese full android stereo that is compatible with the the original 360 birds eye camera (plug and play). Also has canbus and talks to the car well with all functions working. That's probably the best thing I have done to the new car. Even though I love the new Ellie the E52s are still not quite the same. I have mixed feelings, maybe they should have called it something else other than Elgrand.

Sorry got carried away... Done the poll at the beginning of the post and my model is : Nissan Elgrand 2.5 TE52 Highway Star. Not sure what variation as it has Nismo trims and body (Its definitely not an Autech). Also fewer seats (captain) in the back instead of benches so it's ended up being a 6 seater.

Hope you are enjoying your Toby 😊
HI, could you share where did you bought that custom Chinese full android stereo?

HI, could you share where did you bought that custom Chinese full android stereo?
Hello fellow E52 Elgrand'er 😊. Welcome to the club!
Apologies for the late response. I hope you didn't think I was ducking your question. My not-so-cheap Chinese stereo was bought from AliExpress. It actually cost me £303.01 however this is a saving compared to how much other adapted stereos (language converted original stereos) cost. That is if they have as much sophisticated functionality as these Chinese bad-boys.

Stereo Make and Model : Owtosin TS10. (These have been know by other names elsewhere. Just make sure it's specifically for Nissan Elgrand E52 / Nissan Quest RE52. Last time a checked within 18 months these have significantly gone down in price like most Chinese goods churned out in their thousands. You could probably get it now for just under £200. Delivery took 10 days from ordering so not so bad. Also be careful when choosing as the same make and model can come with different system specs depending on your pocket.

Direct Link to AliExpress : https://www.aliexpress.com/i/1005003786397888.html

My TS10 specifically fits in the direct housing of the old stereo. Also it essentially works like an Android phone. Anything you can do on the phone you can do on your car stereo.

Specs : Android version 12, RAM is 8GB (very quick and better than most flagship phones), internal Hard Disk space 256GB (more than you'd ever need if you believe in streaming), screen is 1920x720 (amazingly clear/half 4K). Also, can split screen 2 apps simultaneously like all Android 12s. Great use of that real estate of a screen.

EXTRAS within the same price : 4G sim card reader (can use data and make calls directly from stereo), 360 birds eye camera that integrates with original Nissan system plug and play, reads doors aircon etc so it is truly integrated.

What I have installed to make it perfect :
1. Agama Car Launcher Pro (the best app to make it look and feel like a car interface rather than like a phone)
2. RadarBot Premium. MUST have if you don't ever want to get a surprise khaki/envelop from DVLA. Automatic launch and runs in background with nice widget in corner of the car to show your speed and alerts. Also has audible voice warning as you drive. Also works in Europe. Was very handy for Disneyland Paris trip and will be for Llori de Mar, Spain
3. Google maps (works well with RadarBot running in the background). Also works well abroad a d anywhere really
4. Last but not least Spotify. Best ever on-demand music entertainment. Also installed BBC Sounds just to maintain sanity
5. If you wanted you can install all the extra internet TV apps like BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Amazon, NowTV but I didn't bother. It's a car for goodness sake 😊

Attachments

• IMG-20240407-WA0019.jpg
    IMG-20240407-WA0019.jpg
    588.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-20240407-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20240407-WA0015.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-20240407-WA0017.jpg
    IMG-20240407-WA0017.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-20240407-WA0018.jpg
    IMG-20240407-WA0018.jpg