• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Just tried some emojis. Same deal. No dice.

'Oops! We ran into some problems.
Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.'
I've had this. Flick off the VPN if you are using one, try again then flick the VPN back on. Worked for me.
 
Looks decent for the price. Decent MOT history too. Seller seems alright too, going by 'feel' of the written description
Would've suited me down to the ground!

 
So here I sit a good few ports in the bag watching an old concert by Lindifarne on catch up BBC 4. Casually glancing at Khal's recent birthday cards one of which was mine. Now generally I buy Khal a comedy card (she does the same), this time I thought i'll buy her a niceish one and catch her off guard, so I bought this one. So as my eye is drawn to my card and well feck me I hadn't notice it before....WTF, see if you can spot it???!!!

View attachment 112365
Are you/her on the left or the right?

At least you could claim to have gone to the effort because they don't sell cards like that as an impulse buy at garage forecourts.

But come to think of it they don't sell cards like that in Tescos either, so you did buy it off the internet / Moonpig and didn't put much effort in, especially considering the picture, unless you are trying to tell her something...

Mind you, which of us (blokes) reads the wording on cards anyway? :laughing:
 
Well, the Volvo hasn't lasted long ...
Alarm system malfunction - which appears to mean a new module buried deep in a wheel arch....
And then yesterday morning "Coolant Level Too Low" every time I accelerated, braked or went round a corner.
Stopped and found that the reservoir, which was full at collection on Monday, is halfway under the minimum level.
So back to the supplying dealer it went.
To top it off, the Zafira went for it's MOT and service, found a cracked spring and then let all the air out of its tyre once back with some puncture.
Not a happy bunny.
 
Well, the Volvo hasn't lasted long ...
Alarm system malfunction - which appears to mean a new module buried deep in a wheel arch....
And then yesterday morning "Coolant Level Too Low" every time I accelerated, braked or went round a corner.
Stopped and found that the reservoir, which was full at collection on Monday, is halfway under the minimum level.
So back to the supplying dealer it went.
To top it off, the Zafira went for it's MOT and service, found a cracked spring and then let all the air out of its tyre once back with some puncture.
Not a happy bunny.
If my dollop of Yang turns up, you can have half of it.
 
Fucking narcissistic people. Life is not all about you and what you do or don't do. Just fucking leave it. Argh I'm fucking done with people. Good night. See you on the other side 😘
 
Fucking narcissistic people. Life is not all about you and what you do or don't do. Just fucking leave it. Argh I'm fucking done with people. Good night. See you on the other side 😘
Finally.
 
So here I sit a good few ports in the bag watching an old concert by Lindifarne on catch up BBC 4. Casually glancing at Khal's recent birthday cards one of which was mine. Now generally I buy Khal a comedy card (she does the same), this time I thought i'll buy her a niceish one and catch her off guard, so I bought this one. So as my eye is drawn to my card and well feck me I hadn't notice it before....WTF, see if you can spot it???!!!

View attachment 112365
It's sweet and I'm not here to kink shame unicorns!
 
Loads of space in the yard here but there's always several cars, my boat, etc, and I need to keep enough free space for more cars / customer cars that I'm converting to LPG... So I store my big caravan in a fairly local caravan storage yard.

Yesterday I received a phone call from a fella who said the storage yard had gone bust, he had no association with the storage yard but he (and his business partner) were setting up a storage yard on adjacent land.. This is land that I know used to be part of / associated with the storage yard where my caravan was stored. He said I had until the end of this week to remove my caravan. I paid £500 to store it there for a year in around April or May time last year, so to me this meant I'd lost 2 or 3 months worth of the £500 annual fee and had the inconvenience of trying to find somewhere else to store it... So I asked since he was opening a caravan storage yard next door to where I'd stored mine, if I could simply move it to his storage yard (on land that I knew was associated / part of really) from the yard where mine was. He said that would be find but since he had no association with the old owner I'd need to pay the fees again now instead of in April / May.

The bloke who called me seemed very upfront and accommodating but still you think he could be a conman, so this morning I phoned the business that is/was the caravan storage yard where it was already stored, the one that I'd been told had gone bust and spoke to the owner. He told me a sob story about how he'd been 'done over' by the landowner and was out of pocket by £190k (which was supposed to be his pension pot) due to the landowner pulling the rug out from under his business. I queried how he was £190k out of pocket, he explained this by saying that 20 years ago when he took the land on it was on a gentlemen's agreement type basis so he had no contract for the land lease and at that point (20 years ago) he'd spent £190k doing the place up to make it fit to store caravans on after the council had claimed it was contaminated land that he needed to clean up. He said he very much regretted not being able to return any full or part storage fees that people had paid him because he was out of pocket himself, and that he felt terrible that some people had paid £500 in November and effectively lost their money because of the situation. He also said that his security guard / gateman was dying and he was the only person who had all the records, so he couldn't even phone all his customers to explain the situation and ask them to remove their caravans. Immediately after my phone call with him it occurred to me that I should have done my homework first and checked to see if anyone else was talking about the storage yard going bust, and during my search a link appeared to Company House, I clicked on the link and found they were insolvent in May 2024... If they were insolvent in May 2024 it begs the question why they (he) were still accepting payment from customers knowing that they probably wouldn't be able to honour the caravan storage part of the deal because their landowners would be kicking them off doesn't it?

So to me there is something very fishy about this. I was originally concerned the fella who phoned me yesterday (the new storage yard owner) might have been a conman, now I'm wondering if both the original storage yard owner and the new owners might be in on something fishy together (get customers to pay twice for the same thing). If the new owners bought the old owners business then they should take on any existing debts and honour existing contracts? The original owner should repay people who still have storage time that they paid for remaining, it doesn't wash that he says he has no money when he was still taking payments for contracts he couldn't honour after going insolvent?
 
I think I'd be down there a bit sharpish and withdraw my caravan in case the land and property thereon was siezed by bayliffs or criminal investigators.
 
Back
Top