• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Well what can one say
been looking at my passenger side headlight for a few weeks now thinking i'd better get it done as it will be MOT time soon (it's patchy foggy, crazed etc ----badly), now i knew i'd polishe the insides when i took them apart which is not recomended so thought it was definately on the inside (looks very very much as if it is)
so----clever me thinks i'll buy a second hand one and swap the lenses over as i've done it before.
second hand one arives with so much crazing cracking etc (which i would swear are on the inside) and i'm thinking am i fooooked etc.
decided to sand it back , right back, started at 320 grit and hitting it with 400/600/800/1000/1200/1500/2000/3000/5000 grit and then a polish thinking , what the hell can it hurt-----------guess what, it looks like new

so, i will be polishing the ones "on the bus" in the same way, i am more convinced now than ever that the cracking/crazing that some have experienced is not inside but is the original coating breaking down (these were really bad, don't confuse this with clouding or yellowing as that's a different ball game)
 
Well what can one say
been looking at my passenger side headlight for a few weeks now thinking i'd better get it done as it will be MOT time soon (it's patchy foggy, crazed etc ----badly), now i knew i'd polishe the insides when i took them apart which is not recomended so thought it was definately on the inside (looks very very much as if it is)
so----clever me thinks i'll buy a second hand one and swap the lenses over as i've done it before.
second hand one arives with so much crazing cracking etc (which i would swear are on the inside) and i'm thinking am i fooooked etc.
decided to sand it back , right back, started at 320 grit and hitting it with 400/600/800/1000/1200/1500/2000/3000/5000 grit and then a polish thinking , what the hell can it hurt-----------guess what, it looks like new

so, i will be polishing the ones "on the bus" in the same way, i am more convinced now than ever that the cracking/crazing that some have experienced is not inside but is the original coating breaking down (these were really bad, don't confuse this with clouding or yellowing as that's a different ball game)
well that is interesting because I have the same problem my lights Polish up clear but I've got the crazing and I thought that was on the inside so I'll have to try your trick and see if it works thank you for the information
 
well that is interesting because I have the same problem my lights Polish up clear but I've got the crazing and I thought that was on the inside so I'll have to try your trick and see if it works thank you for the information
Me too, but I would bet my favourite watch that my crazing is on the inside of the lens.

IMG_6280.jpeg

👎
 
well that is interesting because I have the same problem my lights Polish up clear but I've got the crazing and I thought that was on the inside so I'll have to try your trick and see if it works thank you for the information

Me too, but I would bet my favourite watch that my crazing is on the inside of the lens.
I didn’t take a before pic of this actual headlight but it was as bad if not worse in places than these ones
IMG_5970.pngIMG_5969.png
 
A while ago she says "My Corsa is making a knocking noise at the front"

I drove it at the weekend and it was making a knocking noise from osf suspension, also pulling to the left during braking or engine braking while at the same time the steering wheel wanted to pull to the right... So not brakes related, I was expecting to find a ball joint problem or similar.

Passed it's MOT just a few weeks ago, no advisories.

But I found the problem very quickly....


20241003_161250.jpg

Could've just replaced the osf lower arm rear bush, no need to even press the old one out since it totally disintegrated lol but a new bush would still need to be pressed in. It wasn't much more to buy a complete new arm so instead of changing just the bush I fitted a new arm (which comes with all new bushes and ball joint and new bolts), saved any agro in case for example the ball joint needed some hammer to come off.
 
Last edited:
A '10 plate, parked, white E52 at Colin Price's today with a chunky Elgrand Owner's club sticker on it.
Who are ya?
 
So yesterday we took a trip to the dump as we still had the moldy ceiling tiles in the garage that our landlord told us to hold on to over 6 months ago and also we had some other rubbish due take!
When we got there we got the usual spot check to see whats was in the vehicle before entering the premises. When we then proceeded to the designated areas another worker approached us and decided to have a look. Literally I kid you not the guy started to break the celling panels in the back creating sh*t loads of mess which on top was then flying into the front all over my poor wife! He proceeded to do this a number of times before me and my wife made a few remarks at him talk about a numpty! :mad:
 
So yesterday we took a trip to the dump as we still had the moldy ceiling tiles in the garage that our landlord told us to hold on to over 6 months ago and also we had some other rubbish due take!
When we got there we got the usual spot check to see whats was in the vehicle before entering the premises. When we then proceeded to the designated areas another worker approached us and decided to have a look. Literally I kid you not the guy started to break the celling panels in the back creating sh*t loads of mess which on top was then flying into the front all over my poor wife! He proceeded to do this a number of times before me and my wife made a few remarks at him talk about a numpty! :mad:

Thats why he works in the dump....the stupid cnut.
 
I had this plastered on my dashboard, but still ended up in S.Wales 🗺️

View attachment 108827

Did you end up back home in South Wales, or half an hour from me in Wales village near Sheffield (Sheffield is in Yorkshire by the way)? Heh, don't tell me you fell for the 'New South Wales' trap and set your satnav to that for your return trip, that would take you quite a bit longer than necessary. There's no 'new' route to South Wales, it's all a con. A good route to South Wales might be over the Severn Bridge on the M4, hope to save you going 21000 miles out of your way on your next trip outside the area :laughing:
 
Did you end up back home in South Wales, or half an hour from me in Wales village near Sheffield (Sheffield is in Yorkshire by the way)? Heh, don't tell me you fell for the 'New South Wales' trap and set your satnav to that for your return trip, that would take you quite a bit longer than necessary. There's no 'new' route to South Wales, it's all a con. A good route to South Wales might be over the Severn Bridge on the M4, hope to save you going 21000 miles out of your way on your next trip outside the area :laughing:
If I was to be honest with you, since setting off at 9am I still haven't got out of Wales yet, as I can't get the bus over 20mph
 
If I was to be honest with you, since setting off at 9am I still haven't got out of Wales yet, as I can't get the bus over 20mph
According to Rhod Gilbert Wales isn't that big but when there's a catastrophe and news readers say 'an area the size of Wales' he reckons they're really wishing it was in Wales not where they are lol.
 
According to Rhod Gilbert Wales isn't that big but when there's a catastrophe and news readers say 'an area the size of Wales' he reckons they're really wishing it was in Wales not where they are lol.
I don't think they need a catastrophe to think that
 
Literally I kid you not the guy started to break the celling panels in the back creating sh*t loads of mess which on top was then flying into the front all over my poor wife! He proceeded to do this a number of times before me and my wife made a few remarks at him talk about a numpty! :mad:
TBH it is tempting to throw heavy stuff onto breakable stuff in the skips, it isn't often we get chance to be silly and do that kind of stuff lol. But if he wasn't a dime bar he should have waited until the tiles were in the skips, how stupid to do it inside your car. If I have to move a microwave oven or colour TV it can be a bit of fun to combine in with some other sort of activMTV, they're probably going to get smashed like I was back down the rubbish tip/quarry as a kid.
 
Last edited:
TBH it is tempting to throw heavy stuff onto breakable stuff in the skips, it isn't often we get chance to be silly and do that kind of stuff lol.
Yeah, I get that. It's hardly the kind of thing you can do from your bedroom window onto the neigbour's conservatory.
 
Yeah, I get that. It's hardly the kind of thing you can do from your bedroom window onto the neigbour's conservatory.
I probably gave the wrong impression, I'm not really a nutter hehe. But if I go to the tip to dump something heavy, say rubble with bricks still cemented together, A - the old gym goer / bodybuilder in me comes out and I go into workout mode, I want to see what I can carry in how little time and how far I can throw it down the length of the skip lol. And B - if there is something like an old TV in the bottom of the skip, well, it's going to make for a more interesting visit to the tip if the bricks land on that old mirror / TV screen, eh? OK not the best examples, bricks wouldn't go in the same skip as the TV, but you occasionally 'drop on' and might get to throw an alternator onto an old washing machine lol.

Don't get any big ideas though, Yorkshire tips, Yorkshire puds and Yorkshire tea are for Yorkshire people, and we're allowed to visit York, the moors and the Dales whenever we like. I'm allowed a Welsh breakfast because my great grandad was born in Wales... And I can find my way there and back map or no map :innocent:
 
Back
Top