• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Ditto! I was about to start crying Stempy! :joy:
I was fucking crying as I hadn't scrolled all the way to the bottom, if I hadn't wiped a teardrop from my phone screen I would still be balling my eyes out ,,, 😜😭

Not looking for sympathy…

Most of you won't know this but for my wife and I, the past few weeks have been some of the hardest weeks of our lives, and the most difficult of our relationship. Some days have been harder than others.

Many tears have flowed and many nights have been spent just trying to survive. We've had to make some incredibly hard decisions just to make it through. Sadly now, after a long period of soul searching we have decided with great pain that the end has come. We can't continue any longer like this as things are. It's not a decision we have taken lightly but it's been born out of necessity. Something had to change.

So it's with great sadness that I announce that yesterday after so many weeks of struggling and fighting the inevitable, I have decided to finally put the heating on..
WELL , I didn’t get roped in by this at all, until the end that is, then I cried.
For fuck sake @LeStempy , you actually put the heating on————you’ve changed mate :mad:

Ok , so I did get roped in————-tosser :joy:

Not looking for sympathy…

Most of you won't know this but for my wife and I, the past few weeks have been some of the hardest weeks of our lives, and the most difficult of our relationship. Some days have been harder than others.

Many tears have flowed and many nights have been spent just trying to survive. We've had to make some incredibly hard decisions just to make it through. Sadly now, after a long period of soul searching we have decided with great pain that the end has come. We can't continue any longer like this as things are. It's not a decision we have taken lightly but it's been born out of necessity. Something had to change.

So it's with great sadness that I announce that yesterday after so many weeks of struggling and fighting the inevitable, I have decided to finally put the heating on..
I feel less of a man now. Not because this brought a tear to my eye but because I gave in and turned the heating on last week…

I feel less of a man now. Not because this brought a tear to my eye but because I gave in and turned the heating on last week…

My thermostat in the lounge is currently reading 13.5, by law for a disabled person it should be 23! :sob:
Wow the energy supplier has offered 190 euros off in November and December... as if thats going to touch my HUGE bill! :rolleyes:

My thermostat in the lounge is currently reading 13.5, by law for a disabled person it should be 23! :sob:
Wow the energy supplier has offered 190 euros off in November and December... as if thats going to touch my HUGE bill! :rolleyes:
Ours was reading 16.5 which my wife found unacceptable and when I suggested to put a second jumper on that was also unacceptable.

Oh dear.🤗

Costs to charge EVs nearly comparable to petrol and now they want road tax too.

Can’t help but feel a little pity for these EV owners who keep ramming it down our throats about cheap motoring and saving the planet, yeah right, lap it up.
3F87CB55-A13D-4C6B-945A-941A350A2E9C.jpeg

I drive an ev work van, thought i was saving the planet lol! Probably did more damage mining the batteries, doing more damage as the electric used is also generated at a cost to the planet, and when the batteries need changing its going to probably damage the planet again during the disposal process. The UK car tax is a money making scheme nothing to do with emissions, if it was ev cars would remain tax free.

Oh dear.🤗

Costs to charge EVs nearly comparable to petrol and now they want road tax too.

Can’t help but feel a little pity for these EV owners who keep ramming it down our throats about cheap motoring and saving the planet, yeah right, lap it up.
View attachment 82281
LPG, LPG, LPG.....🤪
There's an oil field in Iraq that's burning off excess gas......isn't it within our ken to figure out a way to use that?

Oh wait, it's not "green" because it uses an IC engine and might mean I drive MORE, generate MORE tax take for the treasury and MORE profit for those nasty, polar bear killing oil companies....aka our pensions🤔

The UK car tax is a money making scheme nothing to do with emissions, if it was ev cars would remain tax free.

Yep... There was road tax before 'emissions' was even a thing, when cars polluted the atmosphere with toxic lead. Back then it was supposedly to pay for upkeep of the roads.

Back