• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

My wife got Covid last week. She tested negative today. But being the unselfish type passed it on to me. This from this morning.
View attachment 76755
Might be of interest to know how I got it. The week before last we were away in the van camping on the Isle of Wight. On Friday 1st July we returned via the Red Funnel ferry from East Cowes to Southampton. We were one of the first vehicles on the ferry. So after parking my wife, the dog and myself went into the lounge area of the ferry - where they serve snacks and drinks. It was empty and we got a table and sat down for the journey.

Then the place started to rapidly fill up. Coachloads of people including teenage kids obviously on a school trip. Soon every table and every available seat was taken. The place was rammed. With the tables being fixed in position it was difficult to extricate ourselves from where we were. Then it got very hot. No ventilation. Practically zero mask wearing (including us). At this stage I was uncomfortable about the situation but with only about 20 mins remaining we stayed where we were. This was a mistake!

The following Tuesday my wife has what she thinks is a head cold. I think that's odd in the summer. She tests and is positive. I test Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and negative each time although I do feel like some sort of upper respiratory thing is happening. Because we are running low on kits I leave it until Monday 11th July and test positive. On the same day my wife tests negative. So in summary, we either got it together on the ferry, or more likely my wife got infected and her being the unselfish type then passed it on to me.

my what the f today is my nipper had to take his 3 year old Peugeot for a service today the only courtesy car was an electric one ok he said ill plug it into the garage does it have a cable yes they say its in the boot they rang him this afternoon saying the car wont be ready until at least wed as they are waiting on parts so when he checked the cable not only is it too short to reach it also turns out its a three phase system when he rang them to ask why he was told that it was assumed he had three phase as he took the car at which point he told them they gave him the electric courtesy car as it was all they had he is now running around trying to charge it at the supermarket

I Remember our (C3 pisscato) showing 74 mpg after conducting scientific research into the efficacy of the vehicle as we travelled to Skipton... 🤔

Sold the f*ckin thing sharpish as I could feel Alzheimer's slowly creeping in...😬

Best of both worlds we have a diesel C3 Pisscato and an Elgrand

Only solution is divorce so he's not your brother in law anymore.
Sadly I backed the Elgrand in to the wifes C3Picasso, I thought she was backing off the drive to let me out, she thought she was pulling on to the lawn to let me out, well I say lawn, it was once. Elgrand slight dent in tailgate and slight crease in bumper, Picasso no damage.

So apparently DPD has delivered my Oil filter and rear brake pads whilst I wasn't in, hoping its a mistake and its gone to the local pickup point! :mad:

So apparently DPD has delivered my Oil filter and rear brake pads whilst I wasn't in, hoping its a mistake and its gone to the local pickup point! :mad:
It's not rocket science is it?
DPD are marginally bettee than Evri/Hermes. They've done a knock and run on us, and sent a text saying it was delivered and signed for.....it wasn't. Two days later, a neighbour 3 doors down came back from holiday and said ' this was left in our porch for some reason'. Crazy.

That mirror can be repaired by the looks of it 👍. Talking of COVID my wife has her 5th jab tomorrow. She's like a pin cushion...or voodoo doll.

£1.30 is never coming back. We'll be lucky if we ever see under £1.70 again.

It's not rocket science is it?
DPD are marginally bettee than Evri/Hermes. They've done a knock and run on us, and sent a text saying it was delivered and signed for.....it wasn't. Two days later, a neighbour 3 doors down came back from holiday and said ' this was left in our porch for some reason'. Crazy.

Found it @Gwilo365, at one of the neighbours, no idea why their system cannot inform what address they did deliver it too! :mad:

Last week my momentum was £1.99 PL today it was £1.85 PL - a step in the right direction, roll on £1.30 PL.

Paid €1.919 in Germany last week which works out at £1.63 PL!!!

Found it @Gwilo365, at one of the neighbours, no idea why their system cannot inform what address they did deliver it too! :mad:
They left my new tailgate struts on top of our communal post boxes ... which are on the outside of our building 🤬🤬🤬 luckily the wife finished early and managed to grab them before someone else did !!!

Went to the only place round here with a Hunter for wheel alignment (after the only indelends I could find told me they'd shut down their tyre bay and alignment as they didn't have the staff😥)
Kwik fit....butnat least they have Hunter and we know the Elgrand is in there, right?

So having booked, upon arrival the gentleman says " well it's an import so we won't have it".
I gently but firmly suggested it was, but not listed under Elgrand in Nossant and proceeded to spell out where it should be on the Hunter system.
He accepts this and dutifully goesnpff with the Funbus.
Comes back and tells me my fronts have the toe out of spec. I did know this due to uneven wear, so say go ahead and fix.
Then noticed, despite telling them explicitly or was under Nissan as a Homy/Caravan NOT Elgrand, he's set it as 2010 E52.
Course it was going to be off. 😤
I had to go into the shop floor and point this out. He then insisted tr was right, despite clearly being a 2005..... So we did the panto dance of oh no it isn't, oh yes it is.
He goes through Nissan international, and Nissan USA, despite me reminding him it's an import and it won't be under Nissan USA.....
Finally get him back to the database list and there are TWO Nissan internationals listed, tried the other one, Et voila, there's the Elgrand, exactly where I told him it would be🤔

Got the toe adjusted and the camber pulled in a little automatically. He then insisted that the camber isn't adjustable without having adjustable suspension.
I'm now thinking that this may not be right either.
Can any technical members comment on off that's true or is the front camber adjustable as standard?

Then does anyone know of somewhere that would be able to adjust the camber in the Northw.est? I don't want to spend a day ringing w round having phone calls only for them to change their mind once they see the vehicle.
( It's not that far off the specs, about 0.0.2 but if the chap at Kwik fit is taking the Mickey, i like to be able to challenge then directly with unequivocal technical evidence)

Last edited:
Went to the only place round here with a Hunter for wheel alignment (after the only indelends I could find told me they'd shut down their tyre bay and alignment as they didn't have the staff😥)
Kwik fit....butnat least they have Hunter and we know the Elgrand is in there, right?

So having booked, upon arrival the gentleman says " well it's an import so we won't have it".
I gently but firmly suggested it was, but not listed under Elgrand in Nossant and proceeded to spell out where it should be on the Hunter system.
He accepts this and dutifully goesnpff with the Funbus.
Comes back and tells me my fronts have the toe out of spec. I did know this due to uneven wear, so say go ahead and fix.
Then noticed, despite telling them explicitly or was under Nissan as a Homy/Caravan NOT Elgrand, he's set it as 2010 E52.
Course it was going to be off. 😤
I had to go into the shop floor and point this out. He then insisted tr was right, despite clearly being a 2005..... So we did the panto dance of oh no it isn't, oh yes it is.
He goes through Nissan international, and Nissan USA, despite me reminding him it's an import and it won't be under Nissan USA.....
Finally get him back to the database list and there are TWO Nissan internationals listed, tried the other one, Et voila, there's the Elgrand, exactly where I told him it would be🤔

Got the toe adjusted and the camber pulled in a little automatically. He then insisted that the camber isn't adjustable without having adjustable suspension.
I'm now thinking that this may not be right either.
Can any technical members comment on off that's true or is the front camber adjustable as standard?

Then does anyone know of somewhere that would be able to adjust the camber in the Northw.est? I don't want to spend a day ringing w round having phone calls only for them to change their mind once they see the vehicle.
( It's not that far off the specs, about 0.0.2 but if the chap at Kwik fit is taking the Mickey, i like to be able to challenge then directly with unequivocal technical evidence)
Funny that, but I went to Kwik fit couple of days ago and they said they don't have the data for mine!!!! Called another place this morning as recommended by @Bob Edwards .. yes mate we've done E51s before so no problem... going there in the morning 😁

I kid you not....

BMW has launched its optional extras subscriptions service in the UK, with owners now able to activate certain techy features (that weren’t specced when the car was built) by paying a monthly fee 😮
Heated front seats £15 a month
Heated steering wheel £10 a month ect! ect!... the list go on...

i guess being a BMW f*ck wit comes free of charge...🙄

Funny that, but I went to Kwik fit couple of days ago and they said they don't have the data for mine!!!! Called another place this morning as recommended by @Bob Edwards .. yes mate we've done E51s before so no problem... going there in the morning 😁
Yep, it's not immediately obvious, so they can't seem to think about checking elsewhere, even when a customer spells out out for them.
I'll be finding somewhere that will be happy to work with the specs and can do it like that if possible.

Back