• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Had a bit of that on the demolition. Fuck me it hurts for days.
Some young bright spark when I was doing H &S in construction decided to jet was the roof of the new build in the middle of a Burnley winter....turned it into an ice rink. Needless to say, he wasn't up there (or on site) for very long after that.

Today's WTF...boss has unilaterally changes this month's on campus rota, and simultaneously doubled required days on site. Going to work now costs me Ā£50 in fuel, Ā£10 parking....EV starting to look viable. Shoot me now, it's a mercy killing.

never ask the wife!!!
Asked her to throw out her acetone (used it many times before) to remove the plastic deposits on my door deflectors
Touched it ā€œwithout rubbingā€ and it melted straight through all paint layers
Sheā€™s only changed to 99%acetone ā€”ā€”-WHY
Iā€™m on the Stella tonight :mad:

never ask the wife!!!
Asked her to throw out her acetone (used it many times before) to remove the plastic deposits on my door deflectors
Touched it ā€œwithout rubbingā€ and it melted straight through all paint layers
Commiserations - I feel your pain. But last week I almost drunk a bottle of it - wife left it on the bathroom shelf craftily disguised as a bottle of travel mouthwash! I am not joking. And it was the 99% gear. Maybe she is trying to tell me something?

I've been using sun screen this summer down at the caravan as I'm "follically challenged".
After Washing & polishing the van I said I wish I'd brought the "Autoglym extra gloss protection "...
But you did she said you put some in that empty bottle of...šŸ˜–

Hell you should the finish & the beading...šŸ˜
Only prob is my cap keeps sliding off...šŸ˜

never ask the wife!!!
never ask the wife!!!
Any excuse to hit the Stella AGAIN David! lol šŸ¤£

Had a ride out today (as we usually do on a Sunday), this time to Cleethorpes.

Saw a few Elgrands in Cleethorpes. Parked right down at the South end and walked all the way to the North end. Saw an Elgrand with an oldish couple in it and, as we were having a bit of a rest (some of us buying doughnuts over the road), thought I'd go and say 'Hello'.

'Nice Elgrand! We've come the Cleethorpes in our Elgrand' I said, 'Are you on the ElgrandOC forum?'.

He said 'No' like he was one of Harry Enfield's 'Old gits', then put the window up and turned away lol.

I bet the owner of the other E51 we saw parked outside the arcades on the front, or the E50 we saw parked on the land-side of the main coastal drive area of the front would have been more up for a chat had they been present but those cars were empty.

Went to the only place round here with a Hunter for wheel alignment (after the only indelends I could find told me they'd shut down their tyre bay and alignment as they didn't have the staffšŸ˜„)
Kwik fit....butnat least they have Hunter and we know the Elgrand is in there, right?

So having booked, upon arrival the gentleman says " well it's an import so we won't have it".
I gently but firmly suggested it was, but not listed under Elgrand in Nossant and proceeded to spell out where it should be on the Hunter system.
He accepts this and dutifully goesnpff with the Funbus.
Comes back and tells me my fronts have the toe out of spec. I did know this due to uneven wear, so say go ahead and fix.
Then noticed, despite telling them explicitly or was under Nissan as a Homy/Caravan NOT Elgrand, he's set it as 2010 E52.
Course it was going to be off. šŸ˜¤
I had to go into the shop floor and point this out. He then insisted tr was right, despite clearly being a 2005..... So we did the panto dance of oh no it isn't, oh yes it is.
He goes through Nissan international, and Nissan USA, despite me reminding him it's an import and it won't be under Nissan USA.....
Finally get him back to the database list and there are TWO Nissan internationals listed, tried the other one, Et voila, there's the Elgrand, exactly where I told him it would bešŸ¤”

Got the toe adjusted and the camber pulled in a little automatically. He then insisted that the camber isn't adjustable without having adjustable suspension.
I'm now thinking that this may not be right either.
Can any technical members comment on off that's true or is the front camber adjustable as standard?

Then does anyone know of somewhere that would be able to adjust the camber in the Northw.est? I don't want to spend a day ringing w round having phone calls only for them to change their mind once they see the vehicle.
( It's not that far off the specs, about 0.0.2 but if the chap at Kwik fit is taking the Mickey, i like to be able to challenge then directly with unequivocal technical evidence)
I found a place called grinspeed in Leyland. I'm booked in for alignment there next week. I've not been yet, but on the phone I knew immediately they know what they're doing.
They're used to JDM and all things non standard.

Saw a few Elgrands in Cleethorpes. Parked right down at the South end and walked all the way to the North end. Saw an Elgrand with an oldish couple in it and, as we were having a bit of a rest (some of us buying doughnuts over the road), thought I'd go and say 'Hello'.

'Nice Elgrand! We've come the Cleethorpes in our Elgrand' I said, 'Are you on the ElgrandOC forum?'.

He said 'No' like he was one of Harry Enfield's 'Old gits', then put the window up and turned away lol.

I bet the owner of the other E51 we saw parked outside the arcades on the front, or the E50 we saw parked on the land-side of the main coastal drive area of the front would have been more up for a chat had they been present but those cars were empty.

How bl**dy rude of him @Lpgc sort of thing that would happen to me! lol

I found a place called grinspeed in Leyland. I'm booked in for alignment there next week. I've not been yet, but on the phone I knew immediately they know what they're doing.
They're used to JDM and all things non standard.
AHH, that's how you spell it. Ta for that.
Young lad that services our alarm was somewhat interested in the van, being JDM, as he's saving up for a old honda prelude with 4wD and 4 wheel steering and he had this place marked as being able to handle it for its complexity.
I'd be very interested in your experience as the Funbus will need new rears before Xmas and if they can sort tyres and do alignment/toe/camber all round (because I figure it must be adjustable as standard to some degree, otherwise, why have settings for it?) I'd be up for a trip down the road.

AHH, that's how you spell it. Ta for that.
Young lad that services our alarm was somewhat interested in the van, being JDM, as he's saving up for a old honda prelude with 4wD and 4 wheel steering and he had this place marked as being able to handle it for its complexity.
I'd be very interested in your experience as the Funbus will need new rears before Xmas and if they can sort tyres and do alignment/toe/camber all round (because I figure it must be adjustable as standard to some degree, otherwise, why have settings for it?) I'd be up for a trip down the road.
They're famous in the Honda community, and some of his reviews talk about setting up suspension until it feels right.
He's also going to look at changing my plugs, checking swirl flaps and replacing front cats (finally)!
I'll let you know how the suspension goes first though...

They're famous in the Honda community, and some of his reviews talk about setting up suspension until it feels right.
He's also going to look at changing my plugs, checking swirl flaps and replacing front cats (finally)!
I'll let you know how the suspension goes first though...
There's a chap in Blackpool who reportedly does front cats and says he can do it the quick way or the more involved way, that sounds like Simon's in situ driveway method and then Tojo's drop the subframe method. but I've yet to have a conversation with him in person, but available info suggests they do a lot of imports so might know his stuff. They're on here now too.
I'll be contacting Grinspeed to see about their thoughts, if any, of stock suspension refresh Vs coilovers for comfort on UK roads....šŸ«£

Now if this was Reddit I would post this

I was sitting in my Elgrand enjoying doing nothing in Cleethorpes, you know minding my own business. This dodgy looking bloke wanders up and starts talking to me and claims to have an Elgrand. Anyway I just closed my window and turned my back on him. Ha that showed him!

Now if this was Reddit I would post this

I was sitting in my Elgrand enjoying doing nothing in Cleethorpes, you know minding my own business. This dodgy looking bloke wanders up and starts talking to me and claims to have an Elgrand. Anyway I just closed my window and turned my back on him. Ha that showed him!
Maybe itā€™s time you changed to an Alphard?

Alphard_Owner
I was taking the air at the weekend in Cleethorpes and I happened to observe a miserable old git in an Elgrand. Probably miserable due to his rotbox doing sub 20mpg. What a wasteful extravagance.
Then I noted some flash Harry with an even older Elgrand stuffing his face with doughnuts attempting to strike up a conversation with the misery guts. Clearly, they are all a bunch of curmudgeons riddled with superiority issues over the age of their vans. It was so hilarious I nearly peed my incontinence pants through.

Elgrand on the back, always reminds me of the England supporters bus in the Italian Job.
Perhaps he thought you were out to Rob him. šŸ¤”

Back