• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

I can't help but agree with @malcolmyz85 that thread has lost it's way a bit lately.

I think the biggest shame is if we lose @malcolmyz85 - your experience and input is clearly valued here, so please try to ignore the hopefully temporary diversion of the 'what have you done...' thread in the knowledge that it will come back onto topic.

Maybe a mod could pop into that thread with a gentle reminder of what's it meant for, i.e. not general banter.

It's a recurring cycle. There's no point in fighting it, you just have to let it go over your head. The ethos of the forum is absolute minimum censorship so you can get away with most anything other than direct insult, and even that is allowed to happen if it goes unreported.

I have a lot of sympathy with all the views expressed here from both sides of the fence. I enjoy the chat and banter on here. It's nearly always good humoured and without malice unlike a lot of social media.
BUT
That thread has certainly been hijacked a few times and I have been guilty of joining in. It is so easy to forget what thread you are on (for me anyway as I would forget what I have for breakfast these days if it wasn't for the fact I have the same thing every day 😌.
The fact this has been brought up will remind me to be more cautious before posting and try to make sure its appropriately placed.
Thanks for bringing this up @malcolmyz85 and apologies for any indiscretions on my part. Please don't go anywhere - you have a lot to contribute and would be a great loss.

So anyway....
As I posted in that thread that keeps getting hijacked, the other day I set up a spare echo dot in the Ellie with hotspot to phone. Can now get loads of music and Internet radio.
Tested it all out on trip down to Cornwall today. Worked a treat other than a few areas where mobile phone signal disappeared for a while which I can live with
About 2 hours into the journey MrsK calls out "Alexa Play Rasio 2".
Apparently telling her not to be so bleedin stupid as I'd put it in so we didn't have to listen to Radio 2 was not the right response 🙄 and I have to sleep on the sofa tonight. WTF!!!

So anyway....
As I posted in that thread that keeps getting hijacked, the other day I set up a spare echo dot in the Ellie with hotspot to phone. Can now get loads of music and Internet radio.
Tested it all out on trip down to Cornwall today. Worked a treat other than a few areas where mobile phone signal disappeared for a while which I can live with
About 2 hours into the journey MrsK calls out "Alexa Play Rasio 2".
Apparently telling her not to be so bleedin stupid as I'd put it in so we didn't have to listen to Radio 2 was not the right response 🙄 and I have to sleep on the sofa tonight. WTF!!!
Buy your own house, then its your way or the highway ;o)))) and too be honest its a long walk from Cornwall to Surrey so it would have given her time to calm down ;o))))

Wtf is going on in the what have u done to your Elgrand thread , I always used to like it , see what people have done to they buses , but lately there is more bollicks posts than posts about what’s been done to cars , total rubbish
Calm down dear!! Have a nice cup of tea! 😁

Buy your own house, then its your way or the highway ;o)))) and too be honest its a long walk from Cornwall to Surrey so it would have given her time to calm down ;o))))
We're on holiday in a cottage. This could be the longest two weeks of my life.
Still on the bright side she's still not talking to me so I'm getting some peace and quiet 🥰

WTF! Nearly lost one side of the Elgrand today! I'm in the RH lane indicating right, Motorhome in LH lane also indicating right, as I go to make my turn he carries on round the feckin roundabout, what a twat! Since when do you use the LH lane to make a U-turn on a dual-carriageway roundabout? FFS!!!

WTF! Nearly lost one side of the Elgrand today! I'm in the RH lane indicating right, Motorhome in LH lane also indicating right, as I go to make my turn he carries on round the feckin roundabout, what a twat! Since when do you use the LH lane to make a U-turn on a dual-carriageway roundabout? FFS!!!
The standard of driving is on a steady decline as people think that as they have passed the driving test they know how to drive.
Although they have been told about lane discipline and how to use indicators, keeping in the left lane on motorways and all the rest of the common sense stuff they now think that is all behind them. And don't criticise what they are doing!!
Where will it all end?

The standard of driving is on a steady decline as people think that as they have passed the driving test they know how to drive.
Although they have been told about lane discipline and how to use indicators, keeping in the left lane on motorways and all the rest of the common sense stuff they now think that is all behind them. And don't criticise what they are doing!!
Where will it all end?
The problem lies with people who don't drive often enough, especially this time of year. I drive daily as part of work, the motorways scare me this time of year with inexperienced holidaymakers about. Saying that though, my brother is a Class 1 HGV driver (always moaning!) and managed to run his Focus into the back of an Audi a few summers ago. Caused chaos on the M5 lol

Can't believe how close I was to hitting him, still having flashbacks....

The problem lies with people who don't drive often enough, especially this time of year. I drive daily as part of work, the motorways scare me this time of year with inexperienced holidaymakers about. Saying that though, my brother is a Class 1 HGV driver (always moaning!) and managed to run his Focus into the back of an Audi a few summers ago. Caused chaos on the M5 lol
A couple of years ago I was coming home from work and going straight across a roundabout, A young woman comes tearing up the outside of traffic, from the same direction as me, and tries to leave the roundabout in the same lane as me. Slams into my side so I pull onto the grass and stop. She stops on the road and everyone has to swerve around her car.
I ask her what happened and she tells me "I didn't see you".
I ask about her being in the wrong lane and she says "yes I was" but still seemed to think she had dome nothing wrong.
You just couldn't make it up.
She was still doing the same stunt a couple of weeks later but somehow managed to miss other cars.

Depends on how wide an arc he needs too be able to complete the manoeuvre, how much rear overhang he has and you should have held back because of the type of vehicle he was in and as he was indicating right, you made an assumption that because he was in the left lane but indicating right that he wasn't going to turn right ;o))))

Handy having read Road Craft and was before Covid aiming for my Advanced Driving Cert/Licence 😎☺️

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on how wide an arc he needs too be able to complete the manoeuvre, how much rear overhang he has and you should have held back because of the type of vehicle he was in and as he was indicating right, you made an assumption that because he was in the left lane but indicating right that he wasn't going to turn right ;o))))

Handy having read Road Craft and was before Covid aiming for my Advanced Driving Cert/Licence 😎☺️
I was ahead of him and his RH indicator had been cancelled and I was indicating left by this point, fortunately as I was paying attention and he wasn't(!) I could urgently correct my position before driving across his path...

This was a medium-sized motorhome BTW, no longer than the Elgrand, I'm well aware of not being to the left of a long load on a right turn!

I was ahead of him and his RH indicator had been cancelled and I was indicating left by this point, fortunately as I was paying attention and he wasn't(!) I could urgently correct my position before driving across his path...
Cheer up chuck worse things have happened at sea ;o))))) don't be so tetchy ;o))))))

Back