• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

At least you
Fucking holidaymakers come to the island act like they own the fucking place treat people badly fucking rude arrogant assholes don't give a rats ass about anyone but themselves selfish bastards should have stayed in lockdown😡😤😡😤😡😠
At least you only get them for a week or two, just be glad you don't live over here..

Went to the IOW for a week, christ the locals are a really unfriendly bunch until i tell them i iz Polski........

If you have the Nav Screen and drive off with the parking brake on, it beeps at you and puts up picture of your Elgrand with a VERY shouty red triangular hazard symbol!! Err maybe, umm probably, cough cough!
We don’t have that- after reading all of the good stuff on here about the ICE system and making it workable here it wasn’t a must have. The big red light was enough for me 🤔🤨

If you have the Nav Screen and drive off with the parking brake on, it beeps at you and puts up picture of your Elgrand with a VERY shouty red triangular hazard symbol!! Err maybe, umm probably, cough cough!
I've heard mine does that too! Must have read it in the handbook! ;);)

Fucking holidaymakers come to the island act like they own the fucking place treat people badly fucking rude arrogant assholes don't give a rats ass about anyone but themselves selfish bastards should have stayed in lockdown😡😤😡😤😡😠
When I lived in a tourist town we used to block the tight bastards in when the stingy cnuts wouldn't pay for parking at the nearby beach and parked outside our houses.

I do that in London on football days when certain teams are playing and if anyone has a Kernow sticker....... ;o)))))
I go to Cornwall at least 4 times a year and got an I ❤ Kernow sticker on the back of my van. Doesn't stop some of the locals being complete a5sh0les. Luckily the vast majority are really nice 👍

I go to Cornwall at least 4 times a year and got an I ❤ Kernow sticker on the back of my van. Doesn't stop some of the locals being complete a5sh0les. Luckily the vast majority are really nice 👍
It's the I :heart: sticker that SHOUTS TOURIST lol, the locals hate the place coz it's full of feckin tourists 🤣🤣

It's the I :heart: sticker that SHOUTS TOURIST lol, the locals hate the place coz it's full of feckin tourists 🤣🤣
Nah, they are the ones from Redruth,

Cornwall is a beautiful place to be and I love visiting but the region is also classed as one of the most deprived places in Northern Europe and one of 4 in the UK they all received money from the European Social Fund, well Brexit has killed off that financial help.

Tourism is a double edged sword as it brings in the money which in turn funds crap jobs within the hospitality industry that pays peanuts to the workers so most of them are on some sort of income support benefit so when I eat out I will tip fairly and will ask if the staff get the tips.

Like anywhere, if you have a decent job with a better than average salary then you are laughing but you do need to think about the lower end of the scale where people want to work but are put off by the cost of travel to and from work for less than £10ph.

It’s great that nice people like yourself come to Cornwall John, unfortunately you’re getting tarred with the same brush as the A-hole version of the tourist. In mine and most of the people I know in Cornwall’s experience there are a lot of ‘Black Swan’ events with tourists, we are a friendly, laid back people and so we do not like the I want it now! attitude, inconsiderate, selfish and incredibly arrogant behaviour of most tourists, not to mention the aggressive and sub standard driving ability they bring on holiday. Get yourself a Pirate FM sticker and ditch the ❤️ Kernow one if you want to make a more subtle statement 😁👍

It’s great that nice people like yourself come to Cornwall John, unfortunately you’re getting tarred with the same brush as the A-hole version of the tourist. In mine and most of the people I know in Cornwall’s experience there are a lot of ‘Black Swan’ events with tourists, we are a friendly, laid back people and so we do not like the I want it now! attitude, inconsiderate, selfish and incredibly arrogant behaviour of most tourists, not to mention the aggressive and sub standard driving ability they bring on holiday. Get yourself a Pirate FM sticker and ditch the ❤️ Kernow one if you want to make a more subtle statement 😁👍
Hey that's a great idea. Listen to Pirate FM whenever I can when down there.
I must say I much prefer visiting out of season. I will be down in August as we come with our children and grandkids so have school holidays to consider but will stay away from the hotspots as much as possible. After that we'll have a more relaxing holiday at end of October/early November when all the tourists have gone home.

Nah, they are the ones from Redruth,

Cornwall is a beautiful place to be and I love visiting but the region is also classed as one of the most deprived places in Northern Europe and one of 4 in the UK they all received money from the European Social Fund, well Brexit has killed off that financial help.

Tourism is a double edged sword as it brings in the money which in turn funds crap jobs within the hospitality industry that pays peanuts to the workers so most of them are on some sort of income support benefit so when I eat out I will tip fairly and will ask if the staff get the tips.

Like anywhere, if you have a decent job with a better than average salary then you are laughing but you do need to think about the lower end of the scale where people want to work but are put off by the cost of travel to and from work for less than £10ph.
The Government has pledged to match the social fund, so hopefully that will happen, tourism is only 12% of the annual GDP of Cornwall, so although the largest sector, there are still a lot of other sectors making up the other 88%

Treat others the way you wish to be treated yourself and when on holiday act like a local (not the one that wants to fight the tourists after 3 bottles of White Lightning though) one of the nicest places I stayed at was Cadgwith Cove and had a great fish and chip supper at a village day on the green in Gweek, took over an hour to be served a takeaway but it was fantastic and I don't think there where many tourists there and the organiser was surprised that I both along a family of 4 from Poland and it was a local well Helston metal work artist that told me about the place.

Back