• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

It feels brilliant when this happens. Our hallway was carpeted when we moved in, first thing I did was pull up a corner to see what was there and saw a black and white Minton floor. I was like a kid at Xmas.

I done the same Liz.
Lifted an old carpet and found this.
Then after 3 days work with orbital sanders decided that they don't work properly.
So I spent over 10 days sanding each individual block by hand - 'with the grain'!
Biggest hardest most tedious job I've ever done.
Looks the biz now though.
I'd say orbital would work ok on your smaller blocks though.
Looks lovely and well worth the effort.

What you describe is what I envisioned happening, hence booking the professional! Its about 12sqm so not huge but no small either and I've enough sanding to do of all the old shit gloss on the woodwork.

It feels brilliant when this happens. Our hallway was carpeted when we moved in, first thing I did was pull up a corner to see what was there and saw a black and white Minton floor. I was like a kid at Xmas.
I can't believe how excited I am and I don't even live there!

I think my love of parquet floors stems from neighbours when I was a child, they had one in the front room and no-one was ever allowed in there, I used to look at it through the door from the hall.

I done the same Liz.
Lifted an old carpet and found this.
Then after 3 days work with orbital sanders decided that they don't work properly.
So I spent over 10 days sanding each individual block by hand - 'with the grain'!
Biggest hardest most tedious job I've ever done.
Looks the biz now though.
I'd say orbital would work ok on your smaller blocks though.
Herringbone parquet flooring does look nice.

Wow, just opened a tin of baked beans and sausages, GOT AN EXTRA SAUSAGE FOR FREE. Awesome stuff.
What a day to be alive. Winning.

Wow, just opened a tin of baked beans and sausages, GOT AN EXTRA SAUSAGE FOR FREE. Awesome stuff.
0pTcyfy.jpg

Have you noticed that when you open a tin of Heinz baked beans the actual beans only fill two thirds of the tin with the other third being just the sauce. Lidl beans are full to the top with beans.

Have you noticed that when you open a tin of Heinz baked beans the actual beans only fill two thirds of the tin with the other third being just the sauce. Lidl beans are full to the top with beans.
Yeah I buy cheapos. Tesco Stockwell, 39p for 405g and full to the top not runny sauce. And you are put into the lottery of free sausage or no, which of course is exciting.

Think of the poor bugger opening a tin beans and sausages for their children tonight only to find one sausage missing,.
the poor children the poor malnourished children,,, still what a result winner winner,,

Think of the poor bugger opening a tin beans and sausages for their children tonight only to find one sausage missing,.
the poor children the poor malnourished children,,, still what a result winner winner,,
I think we should set up a crowdfunding page so Kermit can eat better food, I got slated for a Nando's, Tesco baked beans and a sausage + one sheeeesh ;o)))))))

Ah I feel bad now Russ.

Actually I feel great, I've been off carbs for a while and tonight just fancied a binge so had jacket potato and beans so life is good now. o_O

Ah I feel bad now Russ.

Actually I feel great, I've been off carbs for a while and tonight just fancied a binge so had jacket potato and beans so life is good now. o_O
What, no cheese, you have to have cheese on jacket potato and beans :confused:

Sorry Dave, no cheese. Having mackerel tomorrow and roast beef on Sunday if this helps?
Get back to me asap.
Can't stand mackerel, too oily-----sunday sounds nice though :)

Mackerel is nice with a bit of horseradish.

Mackerell is nice with a bit of horseradish.
Love it with sprouts. I love horseradish but never thought of it with mackerel, thought it'd be overpowering but I'm going to try it.

Back